This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 378
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location :

PostSubject: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:18 am

Quote :
James Orry
'Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN'
By James Orry - 13/11/2009 - 11:28am GMT

360 'continues to pull ahead of the competition' in terms of the complete entertainment experience says analyst.
xbox live - 'Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN'

Xbox LIVE is currently 12 to 18 months ahead of its main rival PlayStation Network when it comes to offering content beyond traditional games, says Martin Olausson, Director of Digital Media Research at Strategy Analytics.

Olausson is described on his Strategy Analytics profile as an "authority on online media and communications services and has expertise on online services such as Online Video, Online Music, Online Gaming, IP-based TV, Voice-over-IP, Video-On-Demand and much more".

"Xbox 360 continues to pull ahead of the competition when it comes to delivering on a complete home entertainment experience and we think that Xbox LIVE currently is about 12 to 18 months ahead of its main rival PlayStation Network when it comes to offering service and content beyond traditional games," said Olausson. "By introducing innovative new services and content such as Natal, instant streaming of full 1080P HD video, and integrating social media features such as Twitter and Facebook, Xbox will likely attract a wider audience than its rivals and is in a great position to maximize sales in the next few years."

Olausson's comments come as Microsoft confirmed a November 17 launch date for Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm on Xbox LIVE.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_live_12-18_months_ahead_of_psn_2.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/ToxicAvenger778
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 781
Join date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:46 am

hey this will help me against TheBrotherhoodOfSony!
Back to top Go down
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 576
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Oh, well said!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:47 am

spartan225 wrote:
hey this will help me against TheBrotherhoodOfSony!

Oh he's a twat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5


Posts : 1292
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Xbox LIVE has always been 100% integrated. Everything Microsoft adds to LIVE is integrated into the current service, where as PSN, everything seems divided into its own section and very unorganized. I also get LIVE 12 months for $40 flat. If you cant afford that $3.34 /month ($40 a yr), then you shouldnt be gaming on a $300+ console with $60+ games.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 701
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 31
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
Xbox LIVE has always been 100% integrated. Everything Microsoft adds to LIVE is integrated into the current service, where as PSN, everything seems divided into its own section and very unorganized. I also get LIVE 12 months for $40 flat. If you cant afford that $3.34 /month ($40 a yr), then you shouldnt be gaming on a $300+ console with $60+ games.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
Big_Boss429



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:55 am

Its not that people can't afford 40 or 50 dollars a year, why pay it? You've already paid MS for the console, why have to pay them to play the game?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:28 am

Big_Boss429 wrote:
Its not that people can't afford 40 or 50 dollars a year, why pay it? You've already paid MS for the console, why have to pay them to play the game?

Here's a tip. Instead of spending $4 a month on an overpriced coffee, save it to play the best games on the best console with the best online.

Hmm, seems like a no brainer for a true gamer.

This is a Xbox 360 fan forum. If you not here to root for the home team then why are you here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Divern



Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:15 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Big_Boss429 wrote:
Its not that people can't afford 40 or 50 dollars a year, why pay it? You've already paid MS for the console, why have to pay them to play the game?

Here's a tip. Instead of spending $4 a month on an overpriced coffee, save it to play the best games on the best console with the best online.

You see, it's not that easy. Coffee is actually a drug (it changes how your body is, so it's a drug in MLD and my country) and it gets you addicted, so you can't stop buying it. And when you do stop buying it, your gaming skill goes down because your body is trying to adjust to not having it, and you'd be more tired. Sure, you may be able to afford LIVE, but you would have lost your mad skills and you would suck online.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:59 am

Big_Boss429 wrote:
Its not that people can't afford 40 or 50 dollars a year, why pay it? You've already paid MS for the console, why have to pay them to play the game?

Because we pay for a good service. I'd much rather pay for a excellent service then get a piece of shit service for free.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:05 am

Divern wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Big_Boss429 wrote:
Its not that people can't afford 40 or 50 dollars a year, why pay it? You've already paid MS for the console, why have to pay them to play the game?

Here's a tip. Instead of spending $4 a month on an overpriced coffee, save it to play the best games on the best console with the best online.

You see, it's not that easy. Coffee is actually a drug (it changes how your body is, so it's a drug in MLD and my country) and it gets you addicted, so you can't stop buying it. And when you do stop buying it, your gaming skill goes down because your body is trying to adjust to not having it, and you'd be more tired. Sure, you may be able to afford LIVE, but you would have lost your mad skills and you would suck online.

Coffee is not the point. The point is $4 a month is chump change that people spend in a month on frivolous things without giving a thought. It comes to about 13 cents a day. If you really want to talk about coffee, make it at home once a month instead of buying a 4 dollar cup of Starbucks bitter crap. It cost less and tastes better, but at $4 a month it really doesn't even matter. Most people make $4 in a fraction of an hour of their job.

$4 a month is nothing. World of Warcraft subscribers pay over twice that just to play one game. Just wait until Sony roles out their payed premium service and watch as features start disappearing from the free service one by one until even online play becomes limited and you have to pay to play unlimited. Sony's going to make people pay for a service that sucks compared to Xbox Live and I doubt it will be as little as $4 a month. If Sony believes they can squeeze money out of their fans they go big and screw everyone they can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN   

Back to top Go down
 
Xbox LIVE 12-18 months ahead of PSN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Minecraft is coming too Xbox Live Arcade.
» List of PSN / Xbox Live / Steam / Origin accounts
» xbox live foshizzle mah nizzle
» Xbox Live “Ultimate Game Sale”
» Microsoft Puts a Date on Free Xbox Live Gold Games

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: