This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Remake of an epic game might be coming over to the 360 or a less epic game coming to the 360.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Remake of an epic game might be coming over to the 360 or a less epic game coming to the 360.   Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:53 am

My 5 reasons would be:

1. Linear. Never do you see huge open worlds like in Fallout 3 or Oblivion. Some other RPGs make themselves guilty of this aswell.

2. Combat is never real time. Always an underlying turn-based system. Don't say that I am not "strategic" or "tactical" enough to play the games as I play Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 which with all its rolls and multiplyers would crack heads.

3. When you buy weapons and armour the weapons and armour stay the same on your character. In western RPG every piece changes the way you look.

4. Replay value. You can always go back and explore/power level/loot in RPG games. In JRPG you play the same on rails story with the same progression every time.

5. I hate Japanese people and their shitty stereotyping and the general feel of their games.
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Remake of an epic game might be coming over to the 360 or a less epic game coming to the 360.   Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:30 am

I never played a square enix game..
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Remake of an epic game might be coming over to the 360 or a less epic game coming to the 360.   Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:31 am

M3A7L04F wrote:
I never played a square enix game..

same, and i have no desire to play one
Back to top Go down
360WNED
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Remake of an epic game might be coming over to the 360 or a less epic game coming to the 360.   Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:54 am

Meh, I think FF7 is overrated as all hell. I'm with the guy who said te franchise should have died a long time ago. It's that type of game no one really truly likes. They just go by what everyone else says about it. Half of the people praising it never even played the damn thing. Especially the younger fanboys.

Like all the WWE video game fanboys say No Mercy is the best wrestling game ever. Just going by what everyone else says. Not knowing or forgetting that there were actually better WWF games out there. Not to mention No Mercey was pretty much exactly the same as almost all the other WCW & WWF games out at the time.

I went of the subject I know Smile, but it wasn't without purpose.... I guess...
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Remake of an epic game might be coming over to the 360 or a less epic game coming to the 360.   Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:29 pm

I think Final Fantasy 6 looks great. Its old, but looks great. I have 7 on my PSPgo, and its good but not amazing in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remake of an epic game might be coming over to the 360 or a less epic game coming to the 360.   

Back to top Go down

Remake of an epic game might be coming over to the 360 or a less epic game coming to the 360.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2