This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:04 am

http://twitter.com/Digital_Foundry
which means the game could actually fit on one dvd if it was'nt for 32gb of cgi cutscenes...
360 bringing ff13 down my ass
the ps3fanboys cant say anything to this
the 360 has nothing to do with all the stuffs being removed from the game

mld should make a vid about this
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:05 am

so that all those comments about "360 is holding ff13 back" can die
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:09 am

I've said the same thing about all the so called "only can be done on PS3" games like MGS4 and Uncharted 2. I'm not surprised to hear this and it just goes to show how PS3 fantards create their own little fantasy world where everything is designed to love PS3 and hate everything else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:21 am

Japanese Games......
32gb cutscenes.......
might as well go to the cinema
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:40 am

If I wanted to sit through a bunch of beautifully rendered cutscenes I would watch Toy Story or some crap like that. When I buy a game I want to play it not watch it.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:45 am

ghost23 wrote:
Japanese Games......
32gb cutscenes.......

Square has been addicted to cinematic ever since FF7 and they've never shown any signs of recovering. They've even made movies and added cut scenes to remakes of old Final Fantasy games.

Someone needs to remind Square what a GAME is. And it's not supposed to be more movie than game.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:03 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Japanese Games......
32gb cutscenes.......

Square has been addicted to cinematic ever since FF7 and they've never shown any signs of recovering. They've even made movies and added cut scenes to remakes of old Final Fantasy games.

Someone needs to remind Square what a GAME is. And it's not supposed to be more movie than game.
Sort of like Metal Gear Movie I mean Solid 4. lol
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:15 am

Master_Chief wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Japanese Games......
32gb cutscenes.......

lol, yeh i heard that game's cutscenes got pretty insane sometimes. Developers really need to find new ways to tell a story instead of a cutscene. Mass Effect is probably the best example in the past years. The entire story was told through engaging dialogue and there wasnt a single cutscene in the game.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:40 am

ghost23 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Japanese Games......
32gb cutscenes.......

lol, yeh i heard that game's cutscenes got pretty insane sometimes. Developers really need to find new ways to tell a story instead of a cutscene. Mass Effect is probably the best example in the past years. The entire story was told through engaging dialogue and there wasnt a single cutscene in the game.

Regarding MGS4 its a great game imo....but a couple of cutscenes lasted up to a fucking hour!! I kid you not...and theres no point in skipping them because you will struggle to follow the story...although I really hadnt a clue what it was about...All I knew was I had to kill Liquid Ocelot.....very confusing. scratch
Back to top Go down
Noel
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:47 am

That is about the size of Fable II I think
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:14 pm

Oh it's just Final f**** fantasy. If I wanted a good rpg I would play Mass Effect. Hell, I'm playing Fable II a lot. THAT is a real rpg. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:58 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Oh it's just Final f**** fantasy. If I wanted a good rpg I would play Mass Effect. Hell, I'm playing Fable II a lot. THAT is a real rpg. Very Happy

Even though i dont think Fable is that great of an rpg,i agree that it kicks FF ass by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:40 pm

demondragondude wrote:
i love fable
the only thing that i know is better is ''the elder scrolls''
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:56 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Japanese Games......
32gb cutscenes.......

Regarding MGS4 its a great game imo....but a couple of cutscenes lasted up to a fucking hour!! I kid you not...and theres no point in skipping them because you will struggle to follow the story...although I really hadnt a clue what it was about...All I knew was I had to kill Liquid Ocelot.....very confusing. scratch

Bioshock had a very complex story, almost no cutscenes, and was easy to understand while so interesting it left you pondering the deeper meaning of it all. MGS4's folly is that movies are needed to tell story, Bioshock clearly demonstrates, without question, that a story can be told without stopping gameplay. While Halo is still my favorite, Bioshock left more of an impression on me than any other game this generation.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:00 pm

Im still buying it. I loved Metal Gear Solid 4 (the entire series too) so I am buying this, on Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...   

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII only has 6.8 gb of game content...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1