This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:44 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
It's not on Metacritic, though.

it was on metacritic......but some oversight got in the way.
It's not on Metacritic, though.

Yeah you're right it shouldn't count if it's not on metacritic, but no more complaining about PS1 classics, because you know, they're not on metacritic.
Well, you can either include Lips AND include PSone Classics, or get rid of both. If you're gonna make a rule that only Metacritic games count, then you have to abide by it fully or not. No exceptions.

That's what I was implying...
I know. I'm agreeing with you. I just thought you were saying that I, specifically, was complaining about PSone Classics.

i see your point but this is unique in that it WAS on metacritic and it scored "A". It was there. PS1 classics are never reviewed.

for some reason the game doesnt exist on the site, it was taken down for some reason. But it was there and i think its wrong to take it down due to a web site technicality.
Your list coincides with Metacritic, MLD. If they change something, you have to abide by their changes. If they take a game down, you have to take it down. You're following their rules, their standards. And PS1 Classics DO get reviewed, they just aren't put on Metacritic, because Metacritic chooses not to put them on there. Same goes for other websites.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:39 am

Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
It's not on Metacritic, though.

it was on metacritic......but some oversight got in the way.
It's not on Metacritic, though.

Yeah you're right it shouldn't count if it's not on metacritic, but no more complaining about PS1 classics, because you know, they're not on metacritic.
Well, you can either include Lips AND include PSone Classics, or get rid of both. If you're gonna make a rule that only Metacritic games count, then you have to abide by it fully or not. No exceptions.

That's what I was implying...
I know. I'm agreeing with you. I just thought you were saying that I, specifically, was complaining about PSone Classics.

i see your point but this is unique in that it WAS on metacritic and it scored "A". It was there. PS1 classics are never reviewed.

for some reason the game doesnt exist on the site, it was taken down for some reason. But it was there and i think its wrong to take it down due to a web site technicality.
Your list coincides with Metacritic, MLD. If they change something, you have to abide by their changes. If they take a game down, you have to take it down. You're following their rules, their standards. And PS1 Classics DO get reviewed, they just aren't put on Metacritic, because Metacritic chooses not to put them on there. Same goes for other websites.

ok fair enough


_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:19 am

GeneralMLD wrote:

ok fair enough

I couldn't care less whether or not you still include the game, MLD. I just hope that you realize that even Metacritic is heavily flawed and subject to change. If you abide by Metacritic alone, you leave your own arguments wide open. And even so, Metacritic only considers certain sites to be credible, but those sites like Gamespot, Gametrailers, Destructiod, IGN, and etc are subjected to "gifts" that affect their scores. These sites have also released INCREDIBLY poor reviews for games, that are no more credible than smaller sites. Metacritic even gives those "big" sites more weight in the average than others, but will not tell you how much influence a site has in the score. I'm really not liking the sights of Metacritic of late. Many games are not included in their site, even though by their own rules and standards, THEY SHOULD. Its a mess.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 am

Do you think GameRankings is better Jamin? They don't give weighted averages.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:21 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Do you think GameRankings is better Jamin? They don't give weighted averages.
I do believe Gamerankings is better than Metacritic. For one thing, they detail the criteria as to which sites they include (having to have a certain amount of reviews to measure their consistancy, include smaller sites that concentrate on one particular platform or genre, etc), and they all have equal power in the score.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Weighted averages are stupid. It's like saying "this opinion is better than that one".
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:22 pm

are there any other sites like metacritic and gamerankings
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:01 pm

TRF wrote:
Weighted averages are stupid. It's like saying "this opinion is better than that one".

not necessarily....its more credible or trusted then say some no name site few have heard of.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Rotten Tomatoes is far better then Metacritic. But they don't do video game reviews which is a shame. Metacritic is just too flawed. Their movie scores are just too low. And for that reason alone I dislike Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/predator
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/predator/
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:20 pm

I like mechs. And therefore, I like Mecha! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Aksys wrote:
I like mechs. And therefore, I like Mecha! Very Happy

Cool
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:01 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
Weighted averages are stupid. It's like saying "this opinion is better than that one".

not necessarily....its more credible or trusted then say some no name site few have heard of.
MLD, how is it more credible, when Metacritic does not explain, display, or reveal how they dictate the weight/influence a site has over another & in the Metascore? That question ("Can you tell me how each of the different critics are weighted in your formula?") was asked in their "Questions & Answers" area, and their answer was, and I quote: "Absolutely not." How the hell is that more credible? No name sites don't make it into the averages on Metacritic or Gamerankings.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Heavy Rain (Move Edition) got a 73 on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/heavy-rain-move-edition
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Mecha wrote:
Heavy Rain (Move Edition) got a 73 on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/heavy-rain-move-edition

So it's worse with Move? Neutral

Anyways it's still Heavy Rain just with Move support, you can't count it again.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
Heavy Rain (Move Edition) got a 73 on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/heavy-rain-move-edition

So it's worse with Move? Neutral

Anyways it's still Heavy Rain just with Move support, you can't count it again.


Heavy Rain is already on the system. It's the same game, it's not even a relaunched version so-to-speak. It's just got added compatibility. It's like a patch or a downloadable update.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:06 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Heavy Rain (Move Edition) got a 73 on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/heavy-rain-move-edition

So it's worse with Move? Neutral

Anyways it's still Heavy Rain just with Move support, you can't count it again.


Heavy Rain is already on the system. It's the same game, it's not even a relaunched version so-to-speak. It's just got added compatibility. It's like a patch or a downloadable update.

I agree.

Metacritic doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Heavy Rain (Move Edition) got a 73 on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/heavy-rain-move-edition

So it's worse with Move? Neutral

Anyways it's still Heavy Rain just with Move support, you can't count it again.


Heavy Rain is already on the system. It's the same game, it's not even a relaunched version so-to-speak. It's just got added compatibility. It's like a patch or a downloadable update.

I agree.

Metacritic doesn't.

scratch lol, next we'll be counting the Alan Wake DLC.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:27 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Mecha wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Heavy Rain (Move Edition) got a 73 on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/heavy-rain-move-edition

So it's worse with Move? Neutral

Anyways it's still Heavy Rain just with Move support, you can't count it again.


Heavy Rain is already on the system. It's the same game, it's not even a relaunched version so-to-speak. It's just got added compatibility. It's like a patch or a downloadable update.

I agree.

Metacritic doesn't.

scratch lol, next we'll be counting the Alan Wake DLC.

That's Metacritic for you.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:10 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Mecha wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Heavy Rain (Move Edition) got a 73 on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/heavy-rain-move-edition

So it's worse with Move? Neutral

Anyways it's still Heavy Rain just with Move support, you can't count it again.


Heavy Rain is already on the system. It's the same game, it's not even a relaunched version so-to-speak. It's just got added compatibility. It's like a patch or a downloadable update.

I agree.

Metacritic doesn't.

scratch lol, next we'll be counting the Alan Wake DLC.
MLD did count DLC. If you remember, MLD would just say 400-blah-blah games A, AA, AAA on Metacritic. That included MAP PACKS & DLC, and some games have shit tons of DLC, like Borderlands. From that list that he referenced, Metacritic had DLC and Map pack reviews in the same list. XD
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:38 am

^

Oh no, we shouldn't count dlc at all.
But then again I wouldn't ever see myself going through the list, crossing off every single dlc on it. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:14 am

Jamin wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Mecha wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Heavy Rain (Move Edition) got a 73 on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/heavy-rain-move-edition

So it's worse with Move? Neutral

Anyways it's still Heavy Rain just with Move support, you can't count it again.


Heavy Rain is already on the system. It's the same game, it's not even a relaunched version so-to-speak. It's just got added compatibility. It's like a patch or a downloadable update.

I agree.

Metacritic doesn't.

scratch lol, next we'll be counting the Alan Wake DLC.
MLD did count DLC. If you remember, MLD would just say 400-blah-blah games A, AA, AAA on Metacritic. That included MAP PACKS & DLC, and some games have shit tons of DLC, like Borderlands. From that list that he referenced, Metacritic had DLC and Map pack reviews in the same list. XD

well to be fair when i quote EVERYTHING, yes map packs or DLC could be in there, but its also there for PS3 as well when i quote their total A, AA, AAA games.

its that or manually go through the list and exclude the DLC.......which is very time consuming. The overall point stands, just subtract 20 from 360 and ps3 to compensate for the dlc inclusion Razz

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:53 pm

"Dead Nation" got a 75 on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dead-nation
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:13 pm

The Sly Collection is getting some good reviews.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Invincible wrote:
The Sly Collection is getting some good reviews.

Does that count? It's just a bunch of old games packaged together.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 55
Join date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:42 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Invincible wrote:
The Sly Collection is getting some good reviews.

Does that count? It's just a bunch of old games packaged together.

If "Perfect Dark" and "Doom 2" count, so does "The Sly Collection".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   

Back to top Go down
 
360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB
» 2010 Junior Rimrocker Participants
» Corazon Classic Match 2010 ~
» YNWA's Latest Addition (20 March 2010)
» UFC 2010 - Fighter Stats Update

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: