This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:54 pm

[quote="Mecha"]
BlackStigma wrote:
Invincible wrote:
The Sly Collection is getting some good reviews.

Does that count? It's just a bunch of old games packaged together.

If Microsoft made Halo 1 and 2 HD versions and put it on one retail disc, you would be saying something else. Hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:58 pm

theassassins wrote:
Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Invincible wrote:

If "Perfect Dark" and "Doom 2" count, so does "The Sly Collection".

If Microsoft made Halo 1 and 2 HD versions and put it on one retail disc, you would be saying something else. Hypocrite.

No I wouldn't. If the graphics get upgraded to HD, and adds achievements then it should count aswell.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:28 pm

theassassins wrote:
You can't call him a hypocrite if he hasn't even made a statement like that ever. That's like if I called you a murderer because it's possible that you will murder someone in your lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:54 pm

[quote="theassassins"]
Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Invincible wrote:

No, I wouldn't actually.

EDIT: If they were remakes with added content then I would, but if it's like the Sly collection where all they've added are trophies and HD support then I wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:47 am

[quote="BlackStigma"]
theassassins wrote:
Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Invincible wrote:

No, I wouldn't actually.

EDIT: If they were remakes with added content then I would, but if it's like the Sly collection where all they've added are trophies and HD support then I wouldn't.

im undecided. on one hand its nothing new. on the other, its been reviewed by reviewers.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:17 am

It should count. Its officially a PS3 game.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:12 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
im undecided. on one hand its nothing new. on the other, its been reviewed by reviewers.
Well you did say that games like Paperboy and Bully: Scholarship Edition count for the 360, so all of the HD Collections should count for PS3. The Sly Collection has improved visuals, trophies, 3D support, Move support, and a bunch of mini-games that are exclusive to the Collection (meaning they weren't in any of the PS2 games).

Oh, and The Sly Collection is three games put on one Blu-Ray disc. That, in and of itself, justifies it being on the list since that's technically a change. And if you disagree, then there's all that other stuff I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:21 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Well you did say that games like Paperboy and Bully: Scholarship Edition count for the 360, so all of the HD Collections should count for PS3. The Sly Collection has improved visuals, trophies, 3D support, Move support, and a bunch of mini-games that are exclusive to the Collection (meaning they weren't in any of the PS2 games).

Oh, and The Sly Collection is three games put on one Blu-Ray disc. That, in and of itself, justifies it being on the list since that's technically a change. And if you disagree, then there's all that other stuff I mentioned.

The Sly collection is just a bunch of PS2 games running at a higher resolution. It doesn't count. Paperboy idk about but when Bully came out the 360 had already released.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:23 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

The Sly collection is just a bunch of PS2 games running at a higher resolution. It doesn't count. Paperboy idk about but when Bully came out the 360 had already released.

"The Sly Collection" does count, according to Metacritic.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:24 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Did you not read my post? It's more than that. It has 3D support, Move support, and mini-games that are exclusive to the Collection. MLD even stated that games like Paperboy count, and his only reason for counting Paperboy was that it had Achievements. The Sly Collection is more than just a higher resolution and trophy support.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:27 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Did you not read my post? It's more than that. It has 3D support, Move support, and mini-games that are exclusive to the Collection. MLD even stated that games like Paperboy count, and his only reason for counting Paperboy was that it had Achievements. The Sly Collection is more than just a higher resolution and trophy support.

Well Paperboy doesn't then, neither does the Collection. It has Move support? Wow it can be played using an accessory!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:30 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Well Paperboy doesn't then, neither does the Collection. It has Move support? Wow it can be played using an accessory!
You're just targeting little things that the game does. You need to look at the bigger picture. I will repeat myself a third time: HD resolution, trophy support, 3D support, Move support, and a collection of new mini-games that were not on the PS2 versions. Belittle Move all you want, adding motion controls is a big thing. Plus, like Mecha said, the game is on Metacritic.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:32 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
You're just targeting little things that the game does. You need to look at the bigger picture. I will repeat myself a third time: HD resolution, trophy support, 3D support, Move support, and a collection of new mini-games that were not on the PS2 versions. Belittle Move all you want, adding motion controls is a big thing. Plus, like Mecha said, the game is on Metacritic.

Yeah and DLC is on Metacritic, you wanna count that too?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:33 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

DLCs are not full retail games. "The Sly Collection" is though.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:34 pm

What Mecha said. The fact that it has those mini-games alone should make it count, but when you consider EVERYTHING that's been added to this game, it's clear that it should count.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:36 pm

Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Arcade games are not full retail games, but they count.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:38 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Arcade games are full games. DLC are not full games. Forget the "retail" part. Arcade games can be played on their own. In order to play DLC, you need the original game (with a few exceptions, like Episodes from Liberty City).
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:39 pm

DLCs are just add-ons. Not full games.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:40 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Arcade games are full games. DLC are not full games. Forget the "retail" part. Arcade games can be played on their own. In order to play DLC, you need the original game (with a few exceptions, like Episodes from Liberty City).

But I thought "It's on Metacritic, so it counts". Sound familiar? Laughing
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:44 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Mecha wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Think about it. How fucking retarded would it sound saying, "Our games on our console get higher-rated DLC than your games on your console." We're comparing full games, not DLC. The Sly Collection is a full game.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:47 pm

DLCs may count according to Metacritic, but MLD is only counting full games.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:53 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Think about it. How fucking retarded would it sound saying, "Our games on our console get higher-rated DLC than your games on your console." We're comparing full games, not DLC. The Sly Collection is a full game.

It's downright fucking stupid, same with counting the Sly Collection because they are PS2 games with a few minigames that no one will give two shits about because you need Move which no one cares for. Yeah Doom 2 and Paperboy don't count then, I haven't played either of them or the originals so I didn't know the difference between them. PDZ does cause it's an actual remake with online multiplayer added. Doom 2, Paperboy, and The Sly Collection don't count.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

It's downright fucking stupid, same with counting the Sly Collection because they are PS2 games with a few minigames that no one will give two shits about because you need Move which no one cares for. Yeah Doom 2 and Paperboy don't count then, I haven't played either of them or the originals so I didn't know the difference between them. PDZ does cause it's an actual remake with online multiplayer added. Doom 2, Paperboy, and The Sly Collection don't count.
Fine, fair enough, there's no way I'm going to convince you to think otherwise. Oh, and you don't NEED Move for the mini-games as far as I know.

But MLD should still count it because he DOES count Paperboy and Doom II.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:02 pm

TRF wrote:
Fine, fair enough, there's no way I'm going to convince you to think otherwise. Oh, and you don't NEED Move for the mini-games as far as I know.

I think he only counted Paperboy because he didn't want to go through a list of hundreds of games and cross out what is a port or not because some of these games that are apparently SNES games or whatever I've never heard of.

MLD, The Sly Collection doesn't count, but neither does Doom 2, you should remove that one.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:09 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

I think he only counted Paperboy because he didn't want to go through a list of hundreds of games and cross out what is a port or not because some of these games that are apparently SNES games or whatever I've never heard of.

MLD, The Sly Collection doesn't count, but neither does Doom 2, you should remove that one.

Don't forget about "Perfect Dark" now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED   

Back to top Go down

360 VS PS3 (A, AA, AAA) 2010 FINALIZED
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 22 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next