This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:34 am

Well we all knew this but its still nice to hear MS say it.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=237844

Quote :
Microsoft has reassured hardcore gamers that its mainstream push on Xbox 360 - and the release of Project Natal - won't hurt the attention it gives its hardcore consumers.

The platform holder is releasing Xbox 360 exclusives this year that include Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, Halo: Reach and Fable III.

"From the beginning, Xbox has always had a very deliberate strategy to focus on core gamers and then expand the market," European Xbox boss Chris Lewis told trade magazine MCV.

"Project Natal is meant to complement, not replace, the experiences [for this audience] on Xbox 360.

"We've reached new heights in creating a more natural and responsive gaming and entertainment experience for people of all interests and skill levels, whilst maintaining our commitment to deliver quality core games that consistently exceed expectations."

Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please quote at least a few paragraphs of a linked article or the whole thing if it's short.)
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:00 am

The great thing about the XBOX 360 now is that it reaches out to a whole new audience out there while still keeping its roots of hardcore gaming really strong. 2010 is going to be the year 360 shines.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:14 pm

I agree with Ghost.

I mean, 360 is just the best gaming console available at the moment.

Ok, pc's better for the most part but 360 has a nicer interface and loads of cool features & exclusives (alan wake, crackdown, halo, etc)
and multiplatform games between ps3 & 360 always seem to be better.
And with more casual gamers interested in the system, sales of games will be better and more games will come out for 360 Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:53 pm

demondragondude wrote:
I agree with Ghost.

I mean, 360 is just the best gaming console available at the moment.

Ok, pc's better for the most part but 360 has a nicer interface and loads of cool features & exclusives (alan wake, crackdown, halo, etc)
and multiplatform games between ps3 & 360 always seem to be better.
And with more casual gamers interested in the system, sales of games will be better and more games will come out for 360 Smile

PC is only better at playing certain genre's of game's.

And PC isnt as much of a gaming system as 360.So 360 is a better gaming system
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:59 pm

PC and 360 is FTW

only bad thing with 360 is it takes 9999 hours to mod games Razz

but mac and ps3 is WTF....

or atleast the fanboys
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:42 pm

I hope Microsoft always continues to do what they have been doing since the Xbox brand launched despite what they do for the casual/mainstream market.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:34 pm

i wonder wat games natal will get
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:21 pm

I'm sure they'll be some games designed for hardcore gamers. But I can't help but feel there's going to be an onslaught on crappy casual mini games at first. Sad
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Iron_Patriot wrote:
I'm sure they'll be some games designed for hardcore gamers. But I can't help but feel there's going to be an onslaught on crappy casual mini games at first. Sad

Who cares, the same can be said for Nintendo Wii. Natal is going to sell like crazy, which will make the Xbox 360 the biggest thing this side of the Wii with the PS3 an even more distant last place. Developers are more likely to make exclusive games for the Xbox 360 if they know the install base is big enough to make a huge profit.

So Natal doesn't just bring us a fun little add-on for our console, it will bring us tons of non-Natal games as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:31 pm

I care because I hate crappy casual mini games. It's great that Microsoft is going to make a ton of money. But it sucks for me because I'm going to buy the thing and I might not have much to play at first.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Iron_Patriot wrote:
I care because I hate crappy casual mini games. It's great that Microsoft is going to make a ton of money. But it sucks for me because I'm going to buy the thing and I might not have much to play at first.

Then don't buy it if you don't like those mini-games.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:32 pm

I agree with Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
I hope Microsoft always continues to do what they have been doing since the Xbox brand launched despite what they do for the casual/mainstream market.
MS Said that they are in this article.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:34 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:
MS Said that they are in this article.
I just want more great games from my favorite console. They do that and I am fine with whatever they do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:09 am

ghost23 wrote:
Iron_Patriot wrote:

Then don't buy it if you don't like those mini-games.

Im going to get it because The tech is neat and I know good games will get released for it. Im just scared its going to end up like the Wii and have a ton of shovelware. I truly hope it doesnt happen, but it seems likely.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:19 am

They'll probably develop certain games that give you the option to play with Natal, or the controller, or both, and will be hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal   

Back to top Go down

MS Says Xbox 360 will still be for the hardcore despite Natal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1