This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 23
Location : United States of America in California

PostSubject: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second. Its 50% hardware and 50% software.

It said that in this vid. king AMAZING!king (and i seen this a LONG time ago but just want to show you guys if I already havent.
And just so you know it takes 1000 billion to make a trillion and 1000 millions to make a billion. Bill Gates has 50 billion; chairman of Microsoft aka the supreme creator of the PC and XBOX 360!

Next time you say Playstation "Move" is more advanced, suck it, just SUCK IT! drunken


Last edited by Mr. Project Natal on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:25 pm

30 FRAMES!!!! o.0

Woah! Natal really needs to be 60fps when it launches because I've had multiple webacs that run at 30 fps and they lag way to much.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 23
Location : United States of America in California

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second. Trillions really? Overall thats 30 trillion. Also look for the Natal lag post on this same section.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:29 pm

3DO Teabagger wrote:
30 FRAMES!!!! o.0

Woah! Natal really needs to be 60fps when it launches because I've had multiple webacs that run at 30 fps and they lag way to much.

I assume you meant webcams. With webcames it's not the framerate it's the connection speed. You could hook up a professional movie camera and capture it at 120 frames per second, and have just as much lag as a cheap Logitech cam from 1999. The internet is not the best place to judge framerate. On top of that you have a computer running an OS as well as several other programs no optimized to run alongside a webcam capture program. That means it will appear to lose frames due to your PC not being able to handle everything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second. Trillions really? Overall thats 30 trillion. Also look for the Natal lag post on this same section.

I just want it to have minimal lag(higher fps) and a decent amount of support. I mean comparing the 30fps of natal, thats pretty pathetic compared to the PSeye which can go up to 120fps with 480p quality(60fps with 720p). Anyway, I hope MS fixes the problem like sony did by doubling the refresh rate and increasing the fps to 60fps in 72.0p
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:01 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
30 FRAMES!!!! o.0

Woah! Natal really needs to be 60fps when it launches because I've had multiple webacs that run at 30 fps and they lag way to much.

I assume you meant webcams. With webcames it's not the framerate it's the connection speed. You could hook up a professional movie camera and capture it at 120 frames per second, and have just as much lag as a cheap Logitech cam from 1999. The internet is not the best place to judge framerate. On top of that you have a computer running an OS as well as several other programs no optimized to run alongside a webcam capture program. That means it will appear to lose frames due to your PC not being able to handle everything.

I'm talking about when I go into WMM or something, record a video via webcam and the video always trails the audio by a few frames. I've had webcams that go 120fps in 720p(expensive as can be too), and they don't lag those few frames like the 30fps webcams I've owned.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
avatar

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 22
Location : ny

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second. Its 50% hardware and 50% software.

It said that in this vid. king AMAZING!king (and i seen this a LONG time ago but just want to show you guys if I already havent.
And just so you know it takes 1000 billion to make a trillion and 1000 millions to make a billion. Bill Gates has 50 billion; chairman of Microsoft aka the supreme creator of the PC and XBOX 360!

Next time you say Playstation "Move" is more advanced, suck it, just SUCK IT! drunken
didn't bill gates leave M$, but i can't wait 4 natal
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
avatar

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 22
Location : ny

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:38 pm

3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
30 FRAMES!!!! o.0

Woah! Natal really needs to be 60fps when it launches because I've had multiple webacs that run at 30 fps and they lag way to much.

I assume you meant webcams. With webcames it's not the framerate it's the connection speed. You could hook up a professional movie camera and capture it at 120 frames per second, and have just as much lag as a cheap Logitech cam from 1999. The internet is not the best place to judge framerate. On top of that you have a computer running an OS as well as several other programs no optimized to run alongside a webcam capture program. That means it will appear to lose frames due to your PC not being able to handle everything.

I'm talking about when I go into WMM or something, record a video via webcam and the video always trails the audio by a few frames. I've had webcams that go 120fps in 720p(expensive as can be too), and they don't lag those few frames like the 30fps webcams I've owned.
how many fps will the psmove be
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:47 pm

joe11 wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
30 FRAMES!!!! o.0

Woah! Natal really needs to be 60fps when it launches because I've had multiple webacs that run at 30 fps and they lag way to much.

I assume you meant webcams. With webcames it's not the framerate it's the connection speed. You could hook up a professional movie camera and capture it at 120 frames per second, and have just as much lag as a cheap Logitech cam from 1999. The internet is not the best place to judge framerate. On top of that you have a computer running an OS as well as several other programs no optimized to run alongside a webcam capture program. That means it will appear to lose frames due to your PC not being able to handle everything.

I'm talking about when I go into WMM or something, record a video via webcam and the video always trails the audio by a few frames. I've had webcams that go 120fps in 720p(expensive as can be too), and they don't lag those few frames like the 30fps webcams I've owned.
how many fps will the psmove be

60fps(720p)/120fps(480p), because the controller doesn't slow down the frame rate because those motion calls at the end have a high frequency when they're connecting with the PSeye. What I'm trying to say really is that the final version of Natal needs to be 60fps(720p) instead of 30fps(720p) to minimize any lag, becuase unlike the Move, ppl don't come with motion balls attached to them... at least ppl i've met lol.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-11-15
Location : Xbox HQ

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:01 am

lol natal is going to pwn and tbagger u keep going against natal but we will all see what its capable of in e3 2010 lol
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:04 am

3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
30 FRAMES!!!! o.0

Woah! Natal really needs to be 60fps when it launches because I've had multiple webacs that run at 30 fps and they lag way to much.

I assume you meant webcams. With webcames it's not the framerate it's the connection speed. You could hook up a professional movie camera and capture it at 120 frames per second, and have just as much lag as a cheap Logitech cam from 1999. The internet is not the best place to judge framerate. On top of that you have a computer running an OS as well as several other programs no optimized to run alongside a webcam capture program. That means it will appear to lose frames due to your PC not being able to handle everything.

I'm talking about when I go into WMM or something, record a video via webcam and the video always trails the audio by a few frames. I've had webcams that go 120fps in 720p(expensive as can be too), and they don't lag those few frames like the 30fps webcams I've owned.

Dude, that's just your computer failing. FPS has nothing to do with audio sync. Period.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 am

xjosh360s wrote:
lol natal is going to pwn and tbagger u keep going against natal but we will all see what its capable of in e3 2010 lol
I have been saying that, I wanna see hardcore games shown off at E3! I'm not going against it at all, I just want MS to fix out the kinks and improve the casic features. There is always room to improve, no matter what it is.
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
30 FRAMES!!!! o.0

Woah! Natal really needs to be 60fps when it launches because I've had multiple webacs that run at 30 fps and they lag way to much.

I assume you meant webcams. With webcames it's not the framerate it's the connection speed. You could hook up a professional movie camera and capture it at 120 frames per second, and have just as much lag as a cheap Logitech cam from 1999. The internet is not the best place to judge framerate. On top of that you have a computer running an OS as well as several other programs no optimized to run alongside a webcam capture program. That means it will appear to lose frames due to your PC not being able to handle everything.

I'm talking about when I go into WMM or something, record a video via webcam and the video always trails the audio by a few frames. I've had webcams that go 120fps in 720p(expensive as can be too), and they don't lag those few frames like the 30fps webcams I've owned.

Dude, that's just your computer failing. FPS has nothing to do with audio sync. Period.

My PS specs:

Windows 7
Intel Core i5
8GB DDR3
900 watt PS
ATI Radeon 5870HD Graphics card
24x sound card

This computer doesn't fail, its the refresh rates and frame rates of cameras, only a few webcams these days have an auto voice-video sync, nut almost all video cameras have an auto voice-video sync. The refresh rate and frame rate determine how laggy a webcam is. I don't know how many webcams you see everyday, but when I live here in America I work for Compusa, and if you look at our site, we know almost everything about what goes with computers, cameras, and TVs.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-11-15
Location : Xbox HQ

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:40 am

3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
30 FRAMES!!!! o.0

Woah! Natal really needs to be 60fps when it launches because I've had multiple webacs that run at 30 fps and they lag way to much.

I assume you meant webcams. With webcames it's not the framerate it's the connection speed. You could hook up a professional movie camera and capture it at 120 frames per second, and have just as much lag as a cheap Logitech cam from 1999. The internet is not the best place to judge framerate. On top of that you have a computer running an OS as well as several other programs no optimized to run alongside a webcam capture program. That means it will appear to lose frames due to your PC not being able to handle everything.

I'm talking about when I go into WMM or something, record a video via webcam and the video always trails the audio by a few frames. I've had webcams that go 120fps in 720p(expensive as can be too), and they don't lag those few frames like the 30fps webcams I've owned.

Dude, that's just your computer failing. FPS has nothing to do with audio sync. Period.

My PS specs:

Windows 7
Intel Core i5
8GB DDR3
900 watt PS
ATI Radeon 5870HD Graphics card
24x sound card

This computer doesn't fail, its the refresh rates and frame rates of cameras, only a few webcams these days have an auto voice-video sync, nut almost all video cameras have an auto voice-video sync. The refresh rate and frame rate determine how laggy a webcam is. I don't know how many webcams you see everyday, but when I live here in America I work for Compusa, and if you look at our site, we know almost everything about what goes with computers, cameras, and TVs.
maybe its different with gaming
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:46 am

xjosh360s wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
30 FRAMES!!!! o.0

Woah! Natal really needs to be 60fps when it launches because I've had multiple webacs that run at 30 fps and they lag way to much.

I assume you meant webcams. With webcames it's not the framerate it's the connection speed. You could hook up a professional movie camera and capture it at 120 frames per second, and have just as much lag as a cheap Logitech cam from 1999. The internet is not the best place to judge framerate. On top of that you have a computer running an OS as well as several other programs no optimized to run alongside a webcam capture program. That means it will appear to lose frames due to your PC not being able to handle everything.

I'm talking about when I go into WMM or something, record a video via webcam and the video always trails the audio by a few frames. I've had webcams that go 120fps in 720p(expensive as can be too), and they don't lag those few frames like the 30fps webcams I've owned.

Dude, that's just your computer failing. FPS has nothing to do with audio sync. Period.

My PS specs:

Windows 7
Intel Core i5
8GB DDR3
900 watt PS
ATI Radeon 5870HD Graphics card
24x sound card

This computer doesn't fail, its the refresh rates and frame rates of cameras, only a few webcams these days have an auto voice-video sync, nut almost all video cameras have an auto voice-video sync. The refresh rate and frame rate determine how laggy a webcam is. I don't know how many webcams you see everyday, but when I live here in America I work for Compusa, and if you look at our site, we know almost everything about what goes with computers, cameras, and TVs.
maybe its different with gaming

I hope, all I'm hoping is that they increase the refresh and frame rates. Then I'll be very happy with natal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-11-15
Location : Xbox HQ

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:58 am

3DO Teabagger wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
30 FRAMES!!!! o.0

Woah! Natal really needs to be 60fps when it launches because I've had multiple webacs that run at 30 fps and they lag way to much.

I assume you meant webcams. With webcames it's not the framerate it's the connection speed. You could hook up a professional movie camera and capture it at 120 frames per second, and have just as much lag as a cheap Logitech cam from 1999. The internet is not the best place to judge framerate. On top of that you have a computer running an OS as well as several other programs no optimized to run alongside a webcam capture program. That means it will appear to lose frames due to your PC not being able to handle everything.

I'm talking about when I go into WMM or something, record a video via webcam and the video always trails the audio by a few frames. I've had webcams that go 120fps in 720p(expensive as can be too), and they don't lag those few frames like the 30fps webcams I've owned.

Dude, that's just your computer failing. FPS has nothing to do with audio sync. Period.

My PS specs:

Windows 7
Intel Core i5
8GB DDR3
900 watt PS
ATI Radeon 5870HD Graphics card
24x sound card

This computer doesn't fail, its the refresh rates and frame rates of cameras, only a few webcams these days have an auto voice-video sync, nut almost all video cameras have an auto voice-video sync. The refresh rate and frame rate determine how laggy a webcam is. I don't know how many webcams you see everyday, but when I live here in America I work for Compusa, and if you look at our site, we know almost everything about what goes with computers, cameras, and TVs.
maybe its different with gaming

I hope, all I'm hoping is that they increase the refresh and frame rates. Then I'll be very happy with natal Very Happy
well im not much of a technitian all i do is play the games and see how good they are if its doesnt lag or ruin the gameplay its good for me lol
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:03 am

xjosh360s wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
3DO Teabagger wrote:
30 FRAMES!!!! o.0

Woah! Natal really needs to be 60fps when it launches because I've had multiple webacs that run at 30 fps and they lag way to much.

I assume you meant webcams. With webcames it's not the framerate it's the connection speed. You could hook up a professional movie camera and capture it at 120 frames per second, and have just as much lag as a cheap Logitech cam from 1999. The internet is not the best place to judge framerate. On top of that you have a computer running an OS as well as several other programs no optimized to run alongside a webcam capture program. That means it will appear to lose frames due to your PC not being able to handle everything.

I'm talking about when I go into WMM or something, record a video via webcam and the video always trails the audio by a few frames. I've had webcams that go 120fps in 720p(expensive as can be too), and they don't lag those few frames like the 30fps webcams I've owned.

Dude, that's just your computer failing. FPS has nothing to do with audio sync. Period.

My PS specs:

Windows 7
Intel Core i5
8GB DDR3
900 watt PS
ATI Radeon 5870HD Graphics card
24x sound card

This computer doesn't fail, its the refresh rates and frame rates of cameras, only a few webcams these days have an auto voice-video sync, nut almost all video cameras have an auto voice-video sync. The refresh rate and frame rate determine how laggy a webcam is. I don't know how many webcams you see everyday, but when I live here in America I work for Compusa, and if you look at our site, we know almost everything about what goes with computers, cameras, and TVs.
maybe its different with gaming

I hope, all I'm hoping is that they increase the refresh and frame rates. Then I'll be very happy with natal Very Happy
well im not much of a technitian all i do is play the games and see how good they are if its doesnt lag or ruin the gameplay its good for me lol

Thats what increased refresh and frame rates do. lol. They make things have less screen tearing and lag less.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:04 am

You keep comparing webcams to Natal as if they are the same thing, even though you keep mistaking your lag/sync issues with frame rate. Natal isn't encoding video, it's evaluating motion using software and hardware and outputting controller like instructions to a game.

A constant 30 FPS is all the human eye can detect. You can't actually see the difference with 60 FPS.

TV is broadcast in 60i, or 29.97 frames per second. Effectively 30 FPS

Traditionally movies are at 24 frames per second

Cartoons can go as low as 12 frames per second.

Video games render to screen at any rate that is needed to ensure smooth gameplay. It's not the rate but the dip in rate that is most offensive to a person's eye.

All Natal needs to do is be a controller. If 30 FPS is all that is needed to control your character then it is fine. It's not a webcam and it's not running on a random computer running random programs. It is optimized to do only one thing and do it well. A 30 frame rate is fine so long as it doesn't dip lower.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2009-10-17
Age : 23
Location : United States of America in California

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 am

3DO Teabagger wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
lol natal is going to pwn and tbagger u keep going against natal but we will all see what its capable of in e3 2010 lol
I have been saying that, I wanna see hardcore games shown off at E3! I'm not going against it at all, I just want MS to fix out the kinks and improve the casic features. There is always room to improve, no matter what it is.
Well they have revised the lag problems. Like i said, check out the post saying Natal won't have lag. Yes it will have lag here and there but thats not the point. It barely had any lag at E3 that was overwhelming. Just mostly glitches. If its scanning 1,000,000,000 of your body movements per frame 30 frames per second, its pretty accurate for those 30 frames. I know where your going with the 60 frames and I can see how that can make improvements but there must be a true reason why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second   

Back to top Go down
 
Project Natal evalutes affectively trillions of body configurations every frame and does that 30 frames per second
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Team Project Revolution Official Thread!
» Jennifer's Body
» Project Reality Mod BF2
» Project: Cosplay 2.0
» I'm starting a Project R site

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: