This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sony passed on Natal Tech

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:47 pm

Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:08 pm

umm wait and see but both are gonna fail mark my words
Back to top Go down
danny100
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Sony have already failed with Natal technology so this shizzle is news to me.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:24 pm

I find it hilarious that SOny claims they passed on Natal for Move becuase they wanted to make "new" experiences. Move is nothing but a Wiimote Plus and that's all it ever will be. Natal is so much more than PSeye it makes the PSeye look like a throw away camera.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Biggest mistake on their part.
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:26 am

arnt god of war wrote:
umm wait and see but both are gonna fail mark my words

Agree, motion controllers are not for me, if they where I would have got a Wii
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:26 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
I find it hilarious that SOny claims they passed on Natal for Move becuase they wanted to make "new" experiences. Move is nothing but a Wiimote Plus and that's all it ever will be. Natal is so much more than PSeye it makes the PSeye look like a throw away camera.

the Playstation Move is just a better version of the Wiimote plus just the way Natal is just a better version of the PSeye, so i dont see why you down sony for doing what microsoft did, they both just made a better version of something that the competition already had, it happens all the time.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 pm

igame wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

the Playstation Move is just a better version of the Wiimote plus just the way Natal is just a better version of the PSeye, so i dont see why you down sony for doing what microsoft did, they both just made a better version of something that the competition already had, it happens all the time.
but the only difference between the ps move and the wiimote is that ps move has 3d and ps2 eye toy was just a camera that can play mini games
Back to top Go down
igame

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:22 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
igame wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

but the only difference between the ps move and the wiimote is that ps move has 3d and ps2 eye toy was just a camera that can play mini games

the only differnce i see between the Move and the Wiimote plus is that the Move can track its controller presicely within real 3D space, while the wiimote plus doesnt, and umm i never mention the ps2 eye toy, i was talking about the playstation eye, either way that proves my point, the eye toy was improved on with the playstation eye, and now microsoft is improving even more with Natal.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:22 pm

You do know that Nintendo was presented with Natal technology long ago, right? Even Nintendo passed it up.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:16 pm

igame wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Read his post.Sony claimed that Move will be a new experience.Sparky just downed Sony for saying that.

There is a diference of Move being a better version of Wiimotion plus and Natal being a better version of Eyetoy

Motionplus was a success,Eyetoy wasnt.There wasnt much of a experience for people wih eyetoy,yet there was for Wii motion controller.So no one really had much fun with eyetoy but they had fun with wiimote.

So really,Natal will probally be the first good video game motion camera,unlike Move which is just a better version of what already have been a success wiimote
Back to top Go down
igame

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:30 pm

HellJumper wrote:
igame wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Read his post.Sony claimed that Move will be a new experience.Sparky just downed Sony for saying that.

There is a diference of Move being a better version of Wiimotion plus and Natal being a better version of Eyetoy

Motionplus was a success,Eyetoy wasnt.There wasnt much of a experience for people wih eyetoy,yet there was for Wii motion controller.So no one really had much fun with eyetoy but they had fun with wiimote.

So really,Natal will probally be the first good video game motion camera,unlike Move which is just a better version of what already have been a success wiimote

good point, didnt think of it that way.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Natal will win. There is no denying this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:59 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Well, they're both old concepts that have been done before, but taken to a much higher level. If you think that Move is just like Wii Motion Plus, then you are sorely mistaken, just as anyone who compares Natal to EyeToy is sorely mistaken. It's far more advanced. Basically these motion controllers are old concepts that use advanced technology.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:13 pm

jaykay wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Well, they're both old concepts that have been done before, but taken to a much higher level. If you think that Move is just like Wii Motion Plus, then you are sorely mistaken, just as anyone who compares Natal to EyeToy is sorely mistaken. It's far more advanced. Basically these motion controllers are old concepts that use advanced technology.

Apart from slightly more accurate tracking, what else makes the Move more advanced than the Wii Motion Plus?
Natal on the other hand, has a large amount of features that the EyeToy didn't. Natal recognizes bodies in a 3D space, has advanced voice and face detection. It is all pulled together by an advanced piece of software that the Eyetoy cant even imagine to process.
So Natal is a lot more advanced than eyetoy but Move isnt much more impressive than the Wiimote.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:27 am

ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Apart from slightly more accurate tracking, what else makes the Move more advanced than the Wii Motion Plus?
Natal on the other hand, has a large amount of features that the EyeToy didn't. Natal recognizes bodies in a 3D space, has advanced voice and face detection. It is all pulled together by an advanced piece of software that the Eyetoy cant even imagine to process.
So Natal is a lot more advanced than eyetoy but Move isnt much more impressive than the Wiimote.

Very true. Eyetoy was never uses for more then a few gimmicky party games. It was all about putting your image on screen and letting you manipulate a few onscreen characters. Natal on the other hand processes your entire body into a controller. The fact that they are both using cameras is irrelevent. If Natal lives up to half of what MS is promising it will have a much bigger impact than the "me too" tech of Move when compared to Wii Motion Plus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:29 pm

I think that they appeal to different audiences. For example, Natal will be for more casual gamers seeing as you can't play hardcore games unless they are on rail. Move attempts to appeal to more hardcore gamers. We can't judge either of them until we see their games, and how they precisely work.
Back to top Go down
The Freemon34
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:04 pm

!i wrote:
I think that they appeal to different audiences. For example, Natal will be for more casual gamers seeing as you can't play hardcore games unless they are on rail. Move attempts to appeal to more hardcore gamers. We can't judge either of them until we see their games, and how they precisely work.

both will have a mix. 360 will have fable 3 and ricochet, and move will have Socom, LBP, and eyepet
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:56 pm

They didnt pass crap,they are nervous at the hype natal is getting. nintendo passed something else because technology advances and what they said years ago was not the same that MS saw. maybe nintendo is nervous too.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:34 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

I know, it's so true that it's not funny. Sony are hypocrites. I'm not saying Microsoft are perfect but Sony have so OBVIOUSLY copied the Wiimote and not changed anything except the look of it....and now it actually looks worse!

And I think they chose a bad pic on that site, the 360 has the red ring lmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony passed on Natal Tech   

Back to top Go down

Sony passed on Natal Tech
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1