This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Surfaced

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:58 am

masterchief1998 wrote:

I'm not sure about this, but do all of those covers look the same Rolling Eyes

I'm glad you were able to perceive that.

masterchief1998 wrote:
That pic explains why 360 rocks in my opinion. All of our games are super cool shooters with space soldiers. I'm not interested in PS3's library, it looks boring.

360 is for people who want to be hardcore.
PS3 is for people who want to play different kind of games.

I don't judge people who goes with PS3 for some reason.. it's their choice lol. Whatever.
It's good to be Xbox-user. Halo reach will be a blast lol!

On the subject of hardcore: you probably missed one of my links or chose not to look at the article it lead to.
I thought it was a good read.

Here's the nutshell anyway.
Quote :
Being hardcore isn’t about playing the big, complicated, flashy gory stuff, and owning half the world in multiplayer. It’s just about having an open-minded love and appreciation of the medium in all its forms. It’s about finding as much to appreciate in the writing of a crusty old adventure game as in a bleeding-edge FPS. It’s about being as interested in what an obscure, arty indie game is trying to achieve through the interactive media as what Insomniac wants to achieve with Resistance 3’s graphical upgrades.

It’s about caring about the creative processes behind the box on your shelf, and how ideas, philosophies and good old-fashioned-processing power have evolved, to turn our young medium into the most exciting and eclectic one around in just thirty years, and the one with the most potential for fun, entertainment, artistic communication and even the making of serious points.

You don’t have to like every approach to gaming. You don’t even have to play them all. You just have to appreciate what they’re doing and why they’re doing them. That’s when you become really passionate about the medium, and that, as far as I’m concerned, is when you become a hardcore fan of video games. And it’s also why the non-savvy housewife who’ll happily try out any Wii game put in front of her is way more hardcore than Little Jimmy Killzone will ever be.

Also, I'm clear of discrimination, but your birth year is 1998, correct?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 am

masterchief1998 wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
I'm not sure about this, but do all of those covers look the same Rolling Eyes
That pic explains why 360 rocks in my opinion. All of our games are super cool shooters with space soldiers. I'm not interested in PS3's library, it looks boring.

360 is for people who want to be hardcore.
PS3 is for people who want to play different kind of games.

I don't judge people who goes with PS3 for some reason.. it's their choice lol. Whatever.
It's good to be Xbox-user. Halo reach will be a blast lol!
I don't believe xbox is for the "hardcore gamers". It's more for the Fps players, the xbox does have a variety of games but most of it, and their top games are shooters. The ps3 has more variety and in all honesty if theres a game for xbox 360 thats on pc, I always buy it for pc instead because it's just better. Which once again pretty much leaves me with mainly shooters which isn't bad, it just depends on your personal taste. Also Alan Wake and Deadly Premonition, I think a main reason why xbox sales more is because it's easier to get into, with all the shooters and such because it's easier for those of a younger age to get into as you can see on this site, and also it helps those who are casual who just likes to pick up and play then drop it on the fly.

Obviously these points aren't in every case just some so if you're going to point out well I don't do it, please don't.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Alice wrote:
masterchief1998 wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
I'm not sure about this, but do all of those covers look the same Rolling Eyes
That pic explains why 360 rocks in my opinion. All of our games are super cool shooters with space soldiers. I'm not interested in PS3's library, it looks boring.

360 is for people who want to be hardcore.
PS3 is for people who want to play different kind of games.

I don't judge people who goes with PS3 for some reason.. it's their choice lol. Whatever.
It's good to be Xbox-user. Halo reach will be a blast lol!
I don't believe xbox is for the "hardcore gamers". It's more for the Fps players, the xbox does have a variety of games but most of it, and their top games are shooters. The ps3 has more variety and in all honesty if theres a game for xbox 360 thats on pc, I always buy it for pc instead because it's just better. Which once again pretty much leaves me with mainly shooters which isn't bad, it just depends on your personal taste. Also Alan Wake and Deadly Premonition, I think a main reason why xbox sales more is because it's easier to get into, with all the shooters and such because it's easier for those of a younger age to get into as you can see on this site, and also it helps those who are casual who just likes to pick up and play then drop it on the fly.

Obviously these points aren't in every case just some so if you're going to point out well I don't do it, please don't.

all i gotta say is that xbox is most certainly for "hardcore" gamers. it has casual appeal, more then ps3, but doesnt take away from the fact that most 360/PS3 multiplats sell better on 360.

360/PS3 games are the the vast majority of both consoles libraries. And gamers simply buy more for 360.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
5cm
Seaman Recruit
avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:20 pm

Surfaced wrote:
words words words

I think you might be reading to deep into it. If I am correct, this topic and forum section seem to be more just about debating for the sake of debating. After all, it can be fun to argue every now and then even if it is chocolate vs vanilla (vanilla was here, chocolate is a loser). After all, aren't you here to try and enlighten people and change their mindset? You don't actually hate the PS3 do you GeneralMLD/console warers? No one has to actually answer that since the answer could compromise your forum integrity, but we all know that deep down we play games to enjoy them no matter who makes them and what platform they are on. If I understand correctly, this forum is more of just a fun activity and harmless fun like saying Sega does what Nintendon't when you know it isn't really true. A debate is fun and all, but I don't think anyone would actually limit their own fun just because of brand loyalty to a company they have no affiliation to. I don't think there is anyone who couldn't find at least a few games on each platform they would enjoy whether they will admit to it here or not.
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Surfaced

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:15 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
all i gotta say is that xbox is most certainly for "hardcore" gamers. it has casual appeal, more then ps3, but doesnt take away from the fact that most 360/PS3 multiplats sell better on 360.

360/PS3 games are the the vast majority of both consoles libraries. And gamers simply buy more for 360.


Okay, that's great. So, you essentially read none of my post aside from that image (which was intended solely for visual aid), replied based on it alone, and disregarded points that directly conflicted with your "bible". Almost sounds like something we're familiar with in everyday life; I think I know how this will end. Ignoring counterpoints in an argument usually indicates a weakness in the opposing argument. Which could be something to consider if a thread is about how to "own" any PS3 fanboy, especially when it's created by preachers of "logic" and "reason".

Scm wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
words words words
I think you might be reading to deep into it.

Excess is relative. Though by the attention spans I've seen accounted for thus far, it would seem that you are entirely correct.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Surfaced wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
all i gotta say is that xbox is most certainly for "hardcore" gamers. it has casual appeal, more then ps3, but doesnt take away from the fact that most 360/PS3 multiplats sell better on 360.

360/PS3 games are the the vast majority of both consoles libraries. And gamers simply buy more for 360.


Okay, that's great. So, you essentially read none of my post aside from that image (which was intended solely for visual aid), replied based on it alone, and disregarded points that directly conflicted with your "bible". Almost sounds like something we're familiar with in everyday life; I think I know how this will end. Ignoring counterpoints in an argument usually indicates a weakness in the opposing argument. Which could be something to consider if a thread is about how to "own" any PS3 fanboy, especially when it's created by preachers of "logic" and "reason".

Scm wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
words words words
I think you might be reading to deep into it.

Excess is relative. Though by the attention spans I've seen accounted for thus far, it would seem that you are entirely correct.

Oh I read it.

360 is for people who want to be hardcore.
PS3 is for people who want to play different kind of games.

What is that........360 is for wannabee hardcore gamers. Cmon. PS3 has a wider variety of games.........when thats just propaganda because 360 has plenty of variety, more games per genre due to the A, AA, AAA lead, its just its shooters take the spotlight.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:23 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
all i gotta say is that xbox is most certainly for "hardcore" gamers. it has casual appeal, more then ps3, but doesnt take away from the fact that most 360/PS3 multiplats sell better on 360.

360/PS3 games are the the vast majority of both consoles libraries. And gamers simply buy more for 360.


Okay, that's great. So, you essentially read none of my post aside from that image (which was intended solely for visual aid), replied based on it alone, and disregarded points that directly conflicted with your "bible". Almost sounds like something we're familiar with in everyday life; I think I know how this will end. Ignoring counterpoints in an argument usually indicates a weakness in the opposing argument. Which could be something to consider if a thread is about how to "own" any PS3 fanboy, especially when it's created by preachers of "logic" and "reason".

Scm wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
words words words
I think you might be reading to deep into it.

Excess is relative. Though by the attention spans I've seen accounted for thus far, it would seem that you are entirely correct.

Oh I read it.

360 is for people who want to be hardcore.
PS3 is for people who want to play different kind of games.

What is that........360 is for wannabee hardcore gamers. Cmon. PS3 has a wider variety of games.........when thats just propaganda because 360 has plenty of variety, more games per genre due to the A, AA, AAA lead, its just its shooters take the spotlight.
What's considered being a "hardcore" gamer? Playing fps games like halo and gears? lol
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 29
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:48 pm

@ Alice. Gears is a TPS.
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class


Posts : 110
Join date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:52 pm

ITT - trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls
Back to top Go down
masterchief1998
Seaman Recruit
avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Wolfshiemhere wrote:
ITT - trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls
I'm not sure about this... Rolling Eyes
... but i agree lol!
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Alice wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
all i gotta say is that xbox is most certainly for "hardcore" gamers. it has casual appeal, more then ps3, but doesnt take away from the fact that most 360/PS3 multiplats sell better on 360.

360/PS3 games are the the vast majority of both consoles libraries. And gamers simply buy more for 360.


Okay, that's great. So, you essentially read none of my post aside from that image (which was intended solely for visual aid), replied based on it alone, and disregarded points that directly conflicted with your "bible". Almost sounds like something we're familiar with in everyday life; I think I know how this will end. Ignoring counterpoints in an argument usually indicates a weakness in the opposing argument. Which could be something to consider if a thread is about how to "own" any PS3 fanboy, especially when it's created by preachers of "logic" and "reason".

Scm wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
words words words
I think you might be reading to deep into it.

Excess is relative. Though by the attention spans I've seen accounted for thus far, it would seem that you are entirely correct.

Oh I read it.

360 is for people who want to be hardcore.
PS3 is for people who want to play different kind of games.

What is that........360 is for wannabee hardcore gamers. Cmon. PS3 has a wider variety of games.........when thats just propaganda because 360 has plenty of variety, more games per genre due to the A, AA, AAA lead, its just its shooters take the spotlight.
What's considered being a "hardcore" gamer? Playing fps games like halo and gears? lol

Actually ya...........games with a heavily competitive online can be arguably "hardcore games".

And sorry but a "M" rated game is more likely to be for a more older audience then a "E" game.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:22 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Alice wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
all i gotta say is that xbox is most certainly for "hardcore" gamers. it has casual appeal, more then ps3, but doesnt take away from the fact that most 360/PS3 multiplats sell better on 360.

360/PS3 games are the the vast majority of both consoles libraries. And gamers simply buy more for 360.


Okay, that's great. So, you essentially read none of my post aside from that image (which was intended solely for visual aid), replied based on it alone, and disregarded points that directly conflicted with your "bible". Almost sounds like something we're familiar with in everyday life; I think I know how this will end. Ignoring counterpoints in an argument usually indicates a weakness in the opposing argument. Which could be something to consider if a thread is about how to "own" any PS3 fanboy, especially when it's created by preachers of "logic" and "reason".

Scm wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
words words words
I think you might be reading to deep into it.

Excess is relative. Though by the attention spans I've seen accounted for thus far, it would seem that you are entirely correct.

Oh I read it.

360 is for people who want to be hardcore.
PS3 is for people who want to play different kind of games.

What is that........360 is for wannabee hardcore gamers. Cmon. PS3 has a wider variety of games.........when thats just propaganda because 360 has plenty of variety, more games per genre due to the A, AA, AAA lead, its just its shooters take the spotlight.
What's considered being a "hardcore" gamer? Playing fps games like halo and gears? lol

Actually ya...........games with a heavily competitive online can be arguably "hardcore games".

And sorry but a "M" rated game is more likely to be for a more older audience then a "E" game.
Oh then thank you for clearing that up. 360 is for people who want to be hardcore, ps3 is for those who want to play a variety of games including hardcore. Cool
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:26 pm

Alice wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Alice wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
all i gotta say is that xbox is most certainly for "hardcore" gamers. it has casual appeal, more then ps3, but doesnt take away from the fact that most 360/PS3 multiplats sell better on 360.

360/PS3 games are the the vast majority of both consoles libraries. And gamers simply buy more for 360.


Okay, that's great. So, you essentially read none of my post aside from that image (which was intended solely for visual aid), replied based on it alone, and disregarded points that directly conflicted with your "bible". Almost sounds like something we're familiar with in everyday life; I think I know how this will end. Ignoring counterpoints in an argument usually indicates a weakness in the opposing argument. Which could be something to consider if a thread is about how to "own" any PS3 fanboy, especially when it's created by preachers of "logic" and "reason".

Scm wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
words words words
I think you might be reading to deep into it.

Excess is relative. Though by the attention spans I've seen accounted for thus far, it would seem that you are entirely correct.

Oh I read it.

360 is for people who want to be hardcore.
PS3 is for people who want to play different kind of games.

What is that........360 is for wannabee hardcore gamers. Cmon. PS3 has a wider variety of games.........when thats just propaganda because 360 has plenty of variety, more games per genre due to the A, AA, AAA lead, its just its shooters take the spotlight.
What's considered being a "hardcore" gamer? Playing fps games like halo and gears? lol

Actually ya...........games with a heavily competitive online can be arguably "hardcore games".

And sorry but a "M" rated game is more likely to be for a more older audience then a "E" game.
Oh then thank you for clearing that up. 360 is for people who want to be hardcore, ps3 is for those who want to play a variety of games including hardcore. Cool

Again, what makes you say "want" to be hardcore? 360 has arguably more games that you would consider to be "hardcore" then PS3. And the 360/PS3 hardcore games tend to sell better on 360.

So that makes 360 the #1 hardcore console this gen and the PS3 is well.........played by people who are pretending it has as much hardcore relevance as the PS2. And on top of that 360 also has more casual appeal. It seems 360 is the variety console, with PS3, again, being the one that fell from the top, just aint what it used to be.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Surfaced

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:36 pm



Anyway this seems to be the message I'm getting from Xbox 360 Republic. I offered a definition of hardcore as theorized by GamesRadar that I expected might be an agreeable one:

Quote :
Being hardcore isn’t about playing the big, complicated, flashy gory stuff, and owning half the world in multiplayer. It’s just about having an open-minded love and appreciation of the medium in all its forms. It’s about finding as much to appreciate in the writing of a crusty old adventure game as in a bleeding-edge FPS. It’s about being as interested in what an obscure, arty indie game is trying to achieve through the interactive media as what Insomniac wants to achieve with Resistance 3’s graphical upgrades.

It’s about caring about the creative processes behind the box on your shelf, and how ideas, philosophies and good old-fashioned-processing power have evolved, to turn our young medium into the most exciting and eclectic one around in just thirty years, and the one with the most potential for fun, entertainment, artistic communication and even the making of serious points.

You don’t have to like every approach to gaming. You don’t even have to play them all. You just have to appreciate what they’re doing and why they’re doing them. That’s when you become really passionate about the medium, and that, as far as I’m concerned, is when you become a hardcore fan of video games. And it’s also why the non-savvy housewife who’ll happily try out any Wii game put in front of her is way more hardcore than Little Jimmy Killzone will ever be.

Part of the idea was that games in and of themselves are not hardcore; it is the player who might be, and again, the specific types of games he or she plays never grant him/her such a label. But it looks like no one here is having any of that.


Last edited by Surfaced on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Surfaced wrote:


Anyway this seems to be the message I'm getting from Xbox 360 Republic. I offered a definition of hardcore as theorized by GamesRadar that I expected might be an agreeable one, but it looks like no one is having any of that.

Yes, kids play M rated games. Grown men also play Mario games or Little Big Planet.

There are no clear cut definitions for a "hardcore" game. But many argue it should be M rated and must have a competitive multiplayer that keeps you coming back.

In my experience its the kids below age 18 who cant buy M rated titles themselves complain that E rated games are just as mature........

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:48 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Alice wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Alice wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
all i gotta say is that xbox is most certainly for "hardcore" gamers. it has casual appeal, more then ps3, but doesnt take away from the fact that most 360/PS3 multiplats sell better on 360.

360/PS3 games are the the vast majority of both consoles libraries. And gamers simply buy more for 360.


Okay, that's great. So, you essentially read none of my post aside from that image (which was intended solely for visual aid), replied based on it alone, and disregarded points that directly conflicted with your "bible". Almost sounds like something we're familiar with in everyday life; I think I know how this will end. Ignoring counterpoints in an argument usually indicates a weakness in the opposing argument. Which could be something to consider if a thread is about how to "own" any PS3 fanboy, especially when it's created by preachers of "logic" and "reason".

Scm wrote:
Surfaced wrote:
words words words
I think you might be reading to deep into it.

Excess is relative. Though by the attention spans I've seen accounted for thus far, it would seem that you are entirely correct.

Oh I read it.

360 is for people who want to be hardcore.
PS3 is for people who want to play different kind of games.

What is that........360 is for wannabee hardcore gamers. Cmon. PS3 has a wider variety of games.........when thats just propaganda because 360 has plenty of variety, more games per genre due to the A, AA, AAA lead, its just its shooters take the spotlight.
What's considered being a "hardcore" gamer? Playing fps games like halo and gears? lol

Actually ya...........games with a heavily competitive online can be arguably "hardcore games".

And sorry but a "M" rated game is more likely to be for a more older audience then a "E" game.
Oh then thank you for clearing that up. 360 is for people who want to be hardcore, ps3 is for those who want to play a variety of games including hardcore. Cool

Again, what makes you say "want" to be hardcore? 360 has arguably more games that you would consider to be "hardcore" then PS3. And the 360/PS3 hardcore games tend to sell better on 360.

So that makes 360 the #1 hardcore console this gen and the PS3 is well.........played by people who are pretending it has as much hardcore relevance as the PS2. And on top of that 360 also has more casual appeal. It seems 360 is the variety console, with PS3, again, being the one that fell from the top, just aint what it used to be.
Again? Sorry it's the first time you asked. I pretty much repeated what you stated previously, you could check your post. In all honesty the only "hardcore" games on the xbox are Gears and Halo Wrong, they are the spotlight games. Clearly you dont do your homework to see what else there is . Halo is the leading game on the console if you want to admit it or not, im not saying that halos bad. But it's pretty much the only exclusive hardcore game you guys have, it seems gears has died down to me ??? Both games sold 5 million + and Gears 3 should do the same, thats a hell more popular then Uncharted 2 or KZ2 numbers. But yes thats just to me doesn't mean its true. Call of duty? Thats multiplat. I cannot think of any other exclusive hardcore games so please tell me the others because I know there is more Metacritic best 360 reviewed games of all time, do your own Homework . Now since you're stating the 360 hardcore games sell better than the ps3 could you prove it because I am not aware vgchartz. it aint perfect but its the best source we got. If it aint popular in japan, it sells better on 360. Sorry but the ps2 was hardcore in it's own right, it had a wide variety of games instead of mainly shooters again propaganda.......there is a HUGE difference between spotlight games and what 360 actually has. check 360s A, AA, AAA games youll find plenty variety . Just consoles weren't really used in competitions besides fighting games and a few shooters, computers dominated at the time. With the year start it's expected that the xbox 360 would have more sales actually with Japan and european brand support, and with RROD among other 360 flaws, it was expected PS3 would close the gap as early as early 2008 lol , which isn't xbox's fault it's actually good for them, isn't it true that the ps3 is catching up? We can only wait and see on the outcome. true......I personally believe the price drop, 360 slim, Halo Reach ad blitz, and the Natal ad blitz will all combine to make this just like the second half of 2008.........where 360 slaughtered ps3 in sales.
Back to top Go down
Surfaced

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:03 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:


In my experience its the kids below age 18 who cant buy M rated titles themselves complain that E rated games are just as mature........



The permitted age is 17 in the United States.

And that's some fascinating experience you've gained. I have no comment, as I've seen/heard nothing that I can relate to it.

Anyway, it seems we've hit a core of our dissonance. I believe a game's maturity (if it can be quantified) is not determined by a board's rating or the amount of content it contains that society considers to be explicit, and that certain games, in and of themselves, are not hardcore. Xbox 360 Republic would refute that idea, with the belief that a game's maturity can be practically quantified, that certain games are more hardcore than others, and that one's level of enjoyment/appreciation of said games in turn defines a gamer as hardcore or something less than it.

I doubt I can alter that mentality without time that I don't have.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:22 am

Surfaced wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:


In my experience its the kids below age 18 who cant buy M rated titles themselves complain that E rated games are just as mature........



The permitted age is 17 in the United States.

And that's some fascinating experience you've gained. I have no comment, as I've seen/heard nothing that I can relate to it. Really.........youve never seen a 13 year old (approx) Nintendo fanboy blindly say how Mario games are just as "hardcore" and "mature" as Gears of War for example? I sure have, and its funny to see kids say that a childrens franchise stacks up to a game like Gears of War in terms of maturity levels. Why cant people just admit that they play childrens games instead of trying to elevate it to maturity levels we all know it doesnt have.

Anyway, it seems we've hit a core of our dissonance. I believe a game's maturity (if it can be quantified) is not determined by a board's rating or the amount of content it contains that society considers to be explicit, and that certain games, in and of themselves, are not hardcore. See this is exactly what im talking about.........trying to say that childrens games are just has mature themed as games with themes and actions that are suited for those 18+. Xbox 360 Republic would refute that idea, with the belief that a game's maturity can be practically quantified it is, i think u gotta come to terms with that , that certain games are more hardcore than others, and that one's level of enjoyment/appreciation of said games in turn defines a gamer as hardcore or something less than it.

I doubt I can alter that mentality without time that I don't have.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:24 am

Regardless about the above arguments, theyve gotten way off track.

360 has more sales as of now.

360 has more A, AA, AAA games then PS3 as of now.

End of story.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:40 am

I'd tout sales too if my console was rushed out before it was ready in an effort to beat out the competition. I can also say how a game featuring a plumber has almost gotten the top spot for greatest game of all time when the 360's highest rated game is a multi-platform. Further more I can add to the last time the 360 getting GotY for an exclusive game was 2007 in Bioshock....which became a multi. ADDING ON, I can also say that many games that went multi-platform sold better on PS3 than 360.

The train keeps rolling......
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:44 am

KonaBro wrote:
I'd tout sales too if my console was rushed out before it was ready in an effort to beat out the competition. I can also say how a game featuring a plumber has almost gotten the top spot for greatest game of all time when the 360's highest rated game is a multi-platform. Further more I can add to the last time the 360 getting GotY for an exclusive game was 2007 in Bioshock....which became a multi. ADDING ON, I can also say that many games that went multi-platform sold better on PS3 than 360.

The train keeps rolling......

Is this some way to deflect just how far Sony has fallen from the top? You can say all these 360 flaws........but as long as they got the sales and the A, AA, AAA........PS3 and its fanboys lost.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class


Posts : 110
Join date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:45 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
but as long as they got the sales .
Sorry to butt in but are you saying the Dreamcast was a bad console?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:47 am

KonaBro wrote:
I'd tout sales too if my console was rushed out before it was ready in an effort to beat out the competition. I can also say how a game featuring a plumber has almost gotten the top spot for greatest game of all time when the 360's highest rated game is a multi-platform. Further more I can add to the last time the 360 getting GotY for an exclusive game was 2007 in Bioshock....which became a multi. ADDING ON, I can also say that many games that went multi-platform sold better on PS3 than 360.

The train keeps rolling......
I will admit he has a point. With a year lead xbox has 5 million sales over the ps3, 204 games above 80 on metacritic. Meanwhile ps3 has 168 games above 80.

But the hardware chart on vgchartz shows ps3 has sold 24 thousand more units so eventually ps3 will catch up depending on how the sales go from halo, natal, and gears. It's funny how halo and gears are always coming to the xbox's rescue.

only time will tell the outcome
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:47 am

Wolfshiemhere wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
but as long as they got the sales .
Sorry to butt in but are you saying the Dreamcast was a bad console?

You need sales to thrive.........Dreamcast didnt have sales.

Good or bad........is irrelevant if the market doesnt want to buy your product.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:47 am

Man if any console went against the Wii, they would be slaughtered by E rated games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy   

Back to top Go down
 
The Golden 2 Points: The Blueprint to Own ANY PS3 Fanboy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Thoughts on a mobile Tau list 1850 points
» Warmachine/Hordes Points Conversion
» [NEWS] Chicago Golden Demon Coverage!
» ~The hounds of Huron, 1500 points Astral Claws list~
» 1500 points 5th edition against Black Templars

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: