This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:45 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:40 am

Hopefully they'll give us a name for Project Natal, and it better not be a stupid name like "Playstation Move". Sony had a couple of cool names that they called it in the past, but no, they went with "Playstation Move". Other than that, I couldn't care less about Natal. Motion controls never interested me, and I don't see how Natal will work outside of casual games.

I bet Microsoft will call it the "Xbox Move More", or the "Xbox Look, No Hands!" Razz
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:04 am

jaykay wrote:
Hopefully they'll give us a name for Project Natal, and it better not be a stupid name like "Playstation Move". Sony had a couple of cool names that they called it in the past, but no, they went with "Playstation Move". Other than that, I couldn't care less about Natal. Motion controls never interested me, and I don't see how Natal will work outside of casual games.

I bet Microsoft will call it the "Xbox Move More", or the "Xbox Look, No Hands!" Razz

Microsoft do have a big dilemma on their hands about what to name Natal, because they have gained so much name recognition as Project Natal as they went on Late Night TV shows and everyone in the industry calls it Natal. Changing the name may pose a potential risk in terms of recognition and I think that they might actually stick with Natal, I think that its actually quite a good name.
Back to top Go down
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:07 am

ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:

Microsoft do have a big dilemma on their hands about what to name Natal, because they have gained so much name recognition as Project Natal as they went on Late Night TV shows and everyone in the industry calls it Natal. Changing the name may pose a potential risk in terms of recognition and I think that they might actually stick with Natal, I think that its actually quite a good name.
But on the other hand, it doesn't say what it actually does. Playstation Move is self-explanatory . . . sort of. At least it somewhat tells you what you're going to do with it . . . move it into the attic to collect dust. Razz
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:10 am

jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:

But on the other hand, it doesn't say what it actually does. Playstation Move is self-explanatory . . . sort of. At least it somewhat tells you what you're going to do with it . . . move it into the attic to collect dust. Razz

It doesn't have to describe what the product does. If you knew nothing about gaming at all, the XBOX or Wii doesn't really explain what they do.
Back to top Go down
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:29 am

ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:

It doesn't have to describe what the product does. If you knew nothing about gaming at all, the XBOX or Wii doesn't really explain what they do.
Not everything has to explain what it does, but some things should. It's more consumer-friendly. Obviously Gears of War doesn't have to be called "Roid Rage the Video Game", but for things aimed at a broader spectrum of consumer, the product should at least give a little insight into what the product does.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:43 am

jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:

Not everything has to explain what it does, but some things should. It's more consumer-friendly. Obviously Gears of War doesn't have to be called "Roid Rage the Video Game", but for things aimed at a broader spectrum of consumer, the product should at least give a little insight into what the product does.

Wii may not explain that it is a video game, but it gives you the sense that it is fun and for a group. Xbox sounds like something to be respected and Playstation sounds like a station made for play.

Things doen't have to say exactly what they are like Playstation, but they always have meaning.

Natal gives me the feeling of "nothing" and what I mean is nothing in my hands, but that also comes from knowing that it's a highly advanced motion tracking 3D camera system and not a controller.

Personally I'd like Natal to be named something a bit more fun sounding so it will appeal to all the Wii owners out there who want more then a Wii and know PS Move is a total rip off of Wii.

Maybe something like, "The Microsoft Activator".

Nah, just kidding. http://www.destructoid.com/sega-activator-the-crappiest-game-peripheral-26148.phtml

But seriously, maybe "The Xbox Active". It would appeal to all those soccer moms who want to get rid of their fat butts.

It just needs to sound fun and still sound like something positive when printed on the front of a an Xbox 360 game. It will sell like crazy to all those casuals that buy stuff that sounds fun while walking through Walmart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:17 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:

Wii may not explain that it is a video game, but it gives you the sense that it is fun and for a group. Xbox sounds like something to be respected and Playstation sounds like a station made for play.

Things doen't have to say exactly what they are like Playstation, but they always have meaning.

Natal gives me the feeling of "nothing" and what I mean is nothing in my hands, but that also comes from knowing that it's a highly advanced motion tracking 3D camera system and not a controller.

Personally I'd like Natal to be named something a bit more fun sounding so it will appeal to all the Wii owners out there who want more then a Wii and know PS Move is a total rip off of Wii.

Maybe something like, "The Microsoft Activator".

Nah, just kidding. http://www.destructoid.com/sega-activator-the-crappiest-game-peripheral-26148.phtml

But seriously, maybe "The Xbox Active". It would appeal to all those soccer moms who want to get rid of their fat butts.

It just needs to sound fun and still sound like something positive when printed on the front of a an Xbox 360 game. It will sell like crazy to all those casuals that buy stuff that sounds fun while walking through Walmart.
Right. If people see Project Natal on store shelves, they'll wonder why GameStop and Best Buy are selling fertility devices.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:29 am

Engage 360.
Wave 360.
Motion Camera thingy 360.... lol
X-360 Feel.
No-pad 360.
Jump 360. "Jump in"

I don't know. But I think that Engage is a good name, makes an excellent ad-campaign.

"Engage yourself!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:31 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
Engage 360.
Wave 360.
Motion Camera thingy 360.... lol
X-360 Feel.
No-pad 360.
Jump 360. "Jump in"

I don't know. But I think that Engage is a good name, makes an excellent ad-campaign.

"Engage yourself!"
X-360 Feel sounds a little too filthy.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:56 pm

This is a little earlier than expected. But the earlier the better I say, I hope we see some big games announced (Banjo-Fourie and perhaps even a sequel to Conker, that would be a dream come true).
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:47 pm

I like the name natal, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:44 am

jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:

XD thats what it will do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:31 pm

jaykay wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:

haha great joke XD

But yeah I agree with Ghost, they may as well stick with Natal. It's not a bad name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Kendo wrote:
This is a little earlier than expected. But the earlier the better I say, I hope we see some big games announced (Banjo-Fourie and perhaps even a sequel to Conker, that would be a dream come true).

Banjo Fourie?

But there's like.....welll like.....wut?
XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Ehh...Move interests me more then Natal. Idk why, more stuff I guess announced on Move that slightly interests me...but I will stick with my controller, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th   

Back to top Go down

Project Natal 'experience' to premiere at E3 on June 13th
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1