This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Xbox 360 new firmware online

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1397
Join date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:07 am

The firmware that allows the use of USB memory sticks is up and running.
LoL isn't kinda odd that the new firmware released a couple days ago on the PS3 takes the supports of Other OS aways while this one actually give us the support of USB? LoLoLoL

Either way if you are not interested on the USB made by M$ that comes out in May, you need to configure it on your console: You’ll need to head to the memory area in system settings, select your USB Device, and choose from Configure Now (Format and Configure the Full Device), or Customize (you can choose how much memory you want configured for Xbox360 from the free space on the device.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/majornelson/sets/72157623576662307/

Don't also forget it needs to be min of 1GB and max 16 GB.

Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1397
Join date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:09 am

This is a great deal, cuz now people can buy the Arcade version and just use the flash sticks has memory. This is the kind of thing that can raise up sales...kinda odd M$ didn't it deliver it earlier.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 29
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:10 am

Little Master Chief USB's XD
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:12 am

I just used a External Hard Drive to play games and it wasn't as bad as Microsoft said it was. It was probably just a marketing tactic to make you buy flash drives.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:04 pm

It's so easy to set up an external drive you'd be a fool to pay for a official USB drive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5


Posts : 1292
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:52 am

Yea I paid $39.99 for a 64MB 360 Mem Card and now an 8GB USB for $15 is my new mem card.....thanks MS.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 257
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:15 am

Love the Master Chief flash drive. Does this mean that I can use third-party flash drives with the 360 as long as I configure them to work with the 360?
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:20 am

jaykay wrote:
Love the Master Chief flash drive. Does this mean that I can use third-party flash drives with the 360 as long as I configure them to work with the 360?

You can use just about any external storage device. That includes flash drives or hard drives.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1397
Join date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:53 am

ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:
Love the Master Chief flash drive. Does this mean that I can use third-party flash drives with the 360 as long as I configure them to work with the 360?

You can use just about any external storage device. That includes flash drives or hard drives.

Yes but don't forget, it needs a minimum of 1 GB and it can't get over 32 GB total slots. M$ did this cuz they still want to hold some marketshare on they're overpriced hard drives. They're still douchebags i know, but still, is better than nothing i guess.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 257
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 pm

ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:
Love the Master Chief flash drive. Does this mean that I can use third-party flash drives with the 360 as long as I configure them to work with the 360?

You can use just about any external storage device. That includes flash drives or hard drives.
That's awesome. It sucks that I already overpaid for a memory card, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:31 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:
Love the Master Chief flash drive. Does this mean that I can use third-party flash drives with the 360 as long as I configure them to work with the 360?

You can use just about any external storage device. That includes flash drives or hard drives.

Yes but don't forget, it needs a minimum of 1 GB and it can't get over 32 GB total slots. M$ did this cuz they still want to hold some marketshare on they're overpriced hard drives. They're still douchebags i know, but still, is better than nothing i guess.

Actually you cant go over 16GB for each hard drive. Microsoft said that if you want 32GB, you're gonna have to conect two 16GB devices simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1397
Join date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:50 pm

ghost23 wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
jaykay wrote:
Love the Master Chief flash drive. Does this mean that I can use third-party flash drives with the 360 as long as I configure them to work with the 360?

You can use just about any external storage device. That includes flash drives or hard drives.

Yes but don't forget, it needs a minimum of 1 GB and it can't get over 32 GB total slots. M$ did this cuz they still want to hold some marketshare on they're overpriced hard drives. They're still douchebags i know, but still, is better than nothing i guess.

Actually you cant go over 16GB for each hard drive. Microsoft said that if you want 32GB, you're gonna have to conect two 16GB devices simultaneously.

Thats what i said: 32 GB total slots , i mean both of them lol.... bounce
Back to top Go down
CompromisedxInsanity

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 28
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:36 pm

So I could use my Micro 2GB Cruzer to save game files!?
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 pm

CompromisedxInsanity wrote:
So I could use my Micro 2GB Cruzer to save game files!?

Yes you can.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:34 am

I didnt expect a Halo usb.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 249
Join date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 am

ghost23 wrote:
I just used a External Hard Drive to play games and it wasn't as bad as Microsoft said it was. It was probably just a marketing tactic to make you buy flash drives.

A 2.5" HDD in an enclosure will actually out perform many USB sticks on the market when using it on the 360 (via the new USB firmware).
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 456
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 27
Location : Lawlalwaw

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:58 am

daveMastaKill wrote:
The firmware that allows the use of USB memory sticks is up and running.
LoL isn't kinda odd that the new firmware released a couple days ago on the PS3 takes the supports of Other OS aways while this one actually give us the support of USB? LoLoLoL

Either way if you are not interested on the USB made by M$ that comes out in May, you need to configure it on your console: You’ll need to head to the memory area in system settings, select your USB Device, and choose from Configure Now (Format and Configure the Full Device), or Customize (you can choose how much memory you want configured for Xbox360 from the free space on the device.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/majornelson/sets/72157623576662307/

Don't also forget it needs to be min of 1GB and max 16 GB.

is that an epic masterchief usb????!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5


Posts : 1292
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   Sun May 02, 2010 10:36 pm

I sold my 64MB 360 Mem Card for $3.50 to Gamestop (Paid $40 for it), but now I use an 8GB USB Drive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 new firmware online   

Back to top Go down
 
Xbox 360 new firmware online
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 40K Online, Tau Tactica, Spacemap
» Warhammer online infos + RVR screen
» CHLOEROCKS NOW ONLINE!
» warhammer online limited edition
» Minecraft is coming too Xbox Live Arcade.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: