This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Crownjo
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Tue May 04, 2010 2:28 am

Doominator99 wrote:
mabey they will invent a disc called red-ray
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Tue May 04, 2010 5:00 am

Doominator99 wrote:
lulz
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Tue May 04, 2010 6:06 am

Doominator99 wrote:

lol, then it will be Red Vs Blu-Ray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Tue May 04, 2010 8:43 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

lol, then it will be Red Vs Blu-Ray.

haha. I see what you did.

Last edited by ghost23 on Sun May 09, 2010 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Sun May 09, 2010 4:00 pm

People on here are argueing about how Xbox uses DVD. Well in the end of the day you got to remember the Wii doesn't even use DVD.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Sun May 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
People on here are argueing about how Xbox uses DVD. Well in the end of the day you got to remember the Wii doesn't even use DVD.

You mean it won't play DVD movies. The games are on DVDs. It was the Gamecube that used MiniDVD.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Sun May 09, 2010 7:03 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

You mean it won't play DVD movies. The games are on DVDs. It was the Gamecube that used MiniDVD.

Aren't the disks actually just a custom Nintendo format and not technically DVDs even though they have about the same amount of memory storage capacity?
Back to top Go down
Andyjack7
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Sun May 09, 2010 8:00 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Aren't the disks actually just a custom Nintendo format and not technically DVDs even though they have about the same amount of memory storage capacity?

I think it is different, I know it is not just a dvd, if so then maybe some cut senses in games would look half good. But I think it is just wii's version of disk, just one they make perhaps or buy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingfreeks.com
Andyjack7
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Sun May 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Andyjack7 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I think it is different, I know it is not just a dvd, if so then maybe some cut senses in games would look half good. But I think it is just wii's version of disk, just one they make perhaps or buy.

I also really liked the mini Gamecube disks, small, and easy to keep up with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Sun May 09, 2010 8:07 pm

Andyjack7 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I am not sure if it is DVD since (correct me if I am wrong) you need an external attachment to play DVDs.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Sun May 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Andyjack7 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I am not sure if it is DVD since (correct me if I am wrong) you need an external attachment to play DVDs.

Quote :
For the Wii, Nintendo extended the technology to use a full size 12-cm, 4.7/8.54 GB DVD-based disc (RVL-006), enabling it to have the benefits of the Nintendo GameCube Game Disc, while having the standard capacity of a double-layer DVD-ROM. Although the Wii can utilize double-layer discs, all titles were single-layer prior to the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. With the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo has admitted that some Wii systems may have trouble reading dual-layer discs due to a dirty laser lens. Nintendo repaired systems with dual-layer problems, and later released a disc cleaning kit for users to purchase.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_optical_disc

That means that it is essentially a DVD. The only difference is you can't pop it into a PC DVD drive and rip data off it. However I know that some people have hacked the Wii firmware to allow them to play DVD movies with it, but Nintendo hasn't made that feature official becuase they don't want people to be able to use copied media. Wii uses DVD, it's just a Wii ONLY DVD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Sun May 09, 2010 10:02 pm

It will use DVD, I remember seeing an article about it and it quoted a Microsoft Exc that he said it would use DVD, but it might be a new type. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Sun May 09, 2010 10:21 pm

They should just make their own custom format and do what they've always done. Build a console simple and straight forward to work on instead of some unnecessarily complicated way of developing on it.

I think I read somewhere that Microsoft next console will probably have more hardware power than the PS3...well actually, the 360 is already more powerful; just has a smaller disk format.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Mon May 10, 2010 12:18 am

BlackStigma wrote:
They should just make their own custom format and do what they've always done. Build a console simple and straight forward to work on instead of some unnecessarily complicated way of developing on it.

I think I read somewhere that Microsoft next console will probably have more hardware power than the PS3...well actually, the 360 is already more powerful; just has a smaller disk format.

Of course it would be. MS will undoubtedly make sure it's more powerful than the soon to be released PS4.

As for disc format, I think MS will go with either Blu-Ray or an even larger format. But the system will play Blu-Ray movies, that is certain. What I think MS should do is support Blu-Ray as a movie format and let developers choose what format they want to use. If they make a game that doesn't need anything larger than a single layer DVD let them use it, if the game is 30gb let them use Blu-Ray.
Back to top Go down
Andyjack7
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Mon May 10, 2010 7:24 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Of course it would be. MS will undoubtedly make sure it's more powerful than the soon to be released PS4.

As for disc format, I think MS will go with either Blu-Ray or an even larger format. But the system will play Blu-Ray movies, that is certain. What I think MS should do is support Blu-Ray as a movie format and let developers choose what format they want to use. If they make a game that doesn't need anything larger than a single layer DVD let them use it, if the game is 30gb let them use Blu-Ray.

Wait a ps4?

I doubt there will be a ps4 any time soon or another xbox ( other then a slim 360 ). A ps4 would be a horrible mistake for sony. Everyone just bought the ps3, and not only that but with sony just no adding the wii...I mean ps move to their console, it would just seem senseless. I bet we have a good year or 2 before we ever hear about a next 360 or PS4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Mon May 10, 2010 7:58 am

Andyjack7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Wait a ps4?

I doubt there will be a ps4 any time soon or another xbox ( other then a slim 360 ). A ps4 would be a horrible mistake for sony. Everyone just bought the ps3, and not only that but with sony just no adding the wii...I mean ps move to their console, it would just seem senseless. I bet we have a good year or 2 before we ever hear about a next 360 or PS4

Yeah we got a while to wait for the next Xbox system, and even longer for the PS3. My bet is the PS3 will have at least a 10 year life span till the next Sony console. And the Xbox will at least go 2 more years.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Mon May 10, 2010 3:54 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Andyjack7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Wait a ps4?

Yeah we got a while to wait for the next Xbox system, and even longer for the PS3. My bet is the PS3 will have at least a 10 year life span till the next Sony console. And the Xbox will at least go 2 more years.

Sony can't wait 10 years guys. The PS3 came out 6 years after the PS2 and the PS2 is the most successful gaming system of all time. I'm sure you know the PS3 isn't doing very well compared to the PS2 so why would it last longer on the market? The PS3 will be lucky to last 5 years before Sony is forced to announce the PS4, but since MS had a year head start and will continue to be ahead, the next Xbox will both beat it to market and be more powerful. I don't doubt the Xbox 360 will be sold for about ten years, but that doesn't mean MS won't release it's successor earlier than that. The PS2 was sold and somewhat supported for 10 years but after 6 years Sony released it's successor. Expect the same this generation and next.
Back to top Go down
Andyjack7
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Mon May 10, 2010 10:30 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Andyjack7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Wait a ps4?

Yeah they are going to sqeez as much juice out of them as they possibly can before they launch a new console. ( Other then a slim 360). I would expect a slim 360, soon to, but no xbox 720 or ps4. The market is not ready for it yet, neither is half of the word. Some people are just now starting to buy consoles more. It would be a bad idea to push another new ( EXPENSIVE ) console.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Tue May 18, 2010 1:02 pm

TBH i dont care so much about graphics
but if the game is awsome and huge graphics can be meh and the game still be cool
but when oblivion and fallout 3 was released it was like looking into the game made by gods
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Mon May 31, 2010 7:51 am

sony owns alot of wat br is so i dont know if ms could but wat ever.

+ blueray has been able to do 10x 1080p(exparimental disc) so we will proble just get a upgreaded blue ray.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:58 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Andyjack7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Wait a ps4?

Sony can't wait 10 years guys. The PS3 came out 6 years after the PS2 and the PS2 is the most successful gaming system of all time. I'm sure you know the PS3 isn't doing very well compared to the PS2 so why would it last longer on the market? The PS3 will be lucky to last 5 years before Sony is forced to announce the PS4, but since MS had a year head start and will continue to be ahead, the next Xbox will both beat it to market and be more powerful. I don't doubt the Xbox 360 will be sold for about ten years, but that doesn't mean MS won't release it's successor earlier than that. The PS2 was sold and somewhat supported for 10 years but after 6 years Sony released it's successor. Expect the same this generation and next.

The PS3 isn't doing as bad as you seem to think. I mean with the sales gap getting smaller and with the PS3 slim, I wouldn't doubt it could go for 3 or 4 more years.
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:43 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Andyjack7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Wait a ps4?

The PS3 isn't doing as bad as you seem to think. I mean with the sales gap getting smaller and with the PS3 slim, I wouldn't doubt it could go for 3 or 4 more years.

the ps3 wii probley last 15 years. the new consules will probley come in 3 years, so the xbox will last 3 years LOL. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?   

Back to top Go down

Will The Next Xbox Use DVD?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3