This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Sun May 02, 2010 10:26 pm

Microsoft created 2 new MSGS Studios (FireBird & Spawnpoint) and one of them is in charge of helping MSGS studios create the best games possible (visually) and they are also working on a game of their own (hopefully another AAA 360 Exclusive showpiece franchise on the level of Halo & Gears Smile
Back to top Go down
Andyjack7
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Tue May 04, 2010 6:39 am

I cannot wait till alan wake!!!!!! It looks incredible. This is a game to rub in the PS3 fanboys faces, and say ha ha, the 360 dose look great....I have got to work on my posting skillz :shock
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingfreeks.com
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Tue May 04, 2010 10:18 am

Xbox 360 is more powerful than the PS3 @ producing raw visuals.
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Fri May 21, 2010 8:18 am

Umm, Alan Wake is 540P
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Fri May 21, 2010 8:27 am

Frank2368 wrote:
Umm, Alan Wake is 540P

Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Fri May 21, 2010 8:30 am

ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
Umm, Alan Wake is 540P

What! It's true
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Fri May 21, 2010 9:00 am

Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
Umm, Alan Wake is 540P

What! It's true

This topic has been discussed thoroughly. I'm not an expert at this stuff, but from my understanding part of its 720 and part of it is 540. However its not completely 540 and its done in a way that wonder hinder the visual excellence of the game, unlike Red Dead on PS3 which is obviously sub-hd.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Sat May 22, 2010 4:08 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
Umm, Alan Wake is 540P

What! It's true

This topic has been discussed thoroughly. I'm not an expert at this stuff, but from my understanding part of its 720 and part of it is 540. However its not completely 540 and its done in a way that wonder hinder the visual excellence of the game, unlike Red Dead on PS3 which is obviously sub-hd.

And yet its still better than Alan Wake
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Wed May 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Multiplatform engines really dont push any console. As far as PS3 kicking 360's ass in graphics I would say thats a gross exaggeration as there are only a handful of PS3 exclusives that are actually pushing some boundries. And some PS3 exclusives are actually pretty ugly like R2 and MAG for example.

ok, id just like to point out that the engen for the game was for pc only at one time, then they redesined it for pc and 360. so its not a exclusive engine.

re2 to was not ugly, not good but not ugly. and mag is very ugly, but then agin it has pritty big maps. so who knows.

but i cant realy think of any other fist party game that is ugly.(dont say socom, a psp dev made it lol fail)

any way AW dose look very good, and i am having fun with it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Sat May 29, 2010 1:47 pm

XboxKing wrote:
"Resistance 2" always felt a bit incomplete to me. And when you look up close to your HDTV, the graphics look like "Resistance: Retribution" for the PSP.

its probably because insomiac never concentrated on one game at a time. thay were always making resistance and ratchet and clank at the same time
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Mon May 31, 2010 7:22 am

Doominator99 wrote:
XboxKing wrote:
"Resistance 2" always felt a bit incomplete to me. And when you look up close to your HDTV, the graphics look like "Resistance: Retribution" for the PSP.

its probably because insomiac never concentrated on one game at a time. thay were always making resistance and ratchet and clank at the same time

lol maybe yo should back up LOL.

actioly they make every game one at a time. there dev time is very quick. but there changing it this time around. so there puting more time into it. (the mutiplat game is being develuped by a diffrent studio in NC so it wount interfer with resistents)
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Mon May 31, 2010 3:12 pm

masterking wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
XboxKing wrote:

actioly they make every game one at a time. there dev time is very quick. but there changing it this time around. so there puting more time into it. (the mutiplat game is being develuped by a diffrent studio in NC so it wount interfer with resistents)

so they only spent one year on each game?!? WHAAAAAAAA affraid
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Mon May 31, 2010 8:45 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
masterking wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
XboxKing wrote:

more like 13 mounths. they start pre preduction, when the last game is about a mounth form release.

they have always worked like that. i want to see what happans now, since they are going to take more time on the next one.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:35 am

masterking wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
masterking wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
XboxKing wrote:

more like 13 mounths. they start pre preduction, when the last game is about a mounth form release.

they have always worked like that. i want to see what happans now, since they are going to take more time on the next one.

WOW insomiac are very good if they can make great games like resistance in such a short time. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:08 pm

masterking wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
masterking wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
XboxKing wrote:

They have teams working on each game. 1 works on Resistance, 1 works on Rachet.
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:18 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
masterking wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
masterking wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
XboxKing wrote:

They have teams working on each game. 1 works on Resistance, 1 works on Rachet.

nope, they only have one team ^^. trust me i know alot of them over there. they do however have a team in NC, that works on there graphics engen, there the team making the mutilplat game.
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
masterking wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
masterking wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
XboxKing wrote:

WOW insomiac are very good if they can make great games like resistance in such a short time. cheers

YES YES THEY ARE! lol! cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:08 pm

igame wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
Umm, Alan Wake is 540P

What! It's true

They are different genres. Besides we are talking about graphics. Alan Wake looks alot better than Red Dead.
Back to top Go down
igame

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
igame wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
Umm, Alan Wake is 540P

What! It's true

They are different genres. Besides we are talking about graphics. Alan Wake looks alot better than Red Dead.

We are talking about graphics? i could of sworn Frank2368 and ghost23 were talking about resolution.
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:33 pm

igame wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
igame wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
Umm, Alan Wake is 540P

What! It's true

We are talking about graphics? i could of sworn Frank2368 and ghost23 were talking about resolution.

LOL FAIL
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:36 am

igame wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
igame wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
Umm, Alan Wake is 540P

What! It's true

respect this guy he has 8 plat trophies
Back to top Go down
igame

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Madtoker wrote:
igame wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
igame wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
Umm, Alan Wake is 540P

What! It's true

respect this guy he has 8 plat trophies

Its actually 10 now Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)   

Back to top Go down

Multiplatform Engines Don't Do The Xbox 360 Justice (Alan Wake Raising The Visuals Bar Of This Generation)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2