This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

bungie signs with activision

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
popjack88
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:47 pm

Activision of all people Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
gigabite07
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 am

bungie, you now has a free pass to kiss my ass.will you kindly assume the posiiton as i pull my pants down
Back to top Go down
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:03 am

andes755 wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
Why not Microsoft?

Why Activision?

Biggest DICK MOVE EVAR!!!
because of there size maybe
win
Back to top Go down
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:06 am

popjack88 wrote:
Activision of all people Crying or Very sad
i know i dont want to pay $100 for map packs
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:29 am

I expect Bungie to close down or be completely demolished within 5 years, just like Infinity Ward. Such a pity.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:08 am

Guitar Halo 1
Guitar Halo 2
Guitar Halo 3

4,5,6,7,8,9,10, etc.........
Back to top Go down
Xmarksthespot
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:14 am

Wow, bungie must be complete idiots!
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:33 am

Am I the only person who is looking forward to some new IP's from Bungie out of all this? I'd rather have fresh new game from Bungie (Multiplat or not) than another Halo title from 343 Industries.

Some people on this thread are been slightly hypocritical in the sense that you can't wait for Halo Reach yet you damn the developers for signing on with Activision? I'm not been funny but Infinity Ward was owned by Activision, thats why they got fucked over. Bungie isn't stupid, Activision will only have publishing rights to whatever games they make.

At the end of the day Bungie have given us many quality Halo games and I am the first to admit that I think Halo is slightly overrated however I respect the developer for what they have done for the original xbox and the 360 over the years and we still can still look forward to another game off them later this year also.

It's just a shame so many of you guys who I know for fact like Halo more than I do are now making comments about Bungie which seem to neglect the fact that they created one of the most successful game franchises ever. Afterall Microsoft may own the rights to Halo but Bungie created it, just incase some of you choose to forget that now they are not exclusive to Microsoft anymore.

Last edited by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:45 am

I hope there will be more Halo games as it has a great universe and it would be a shame if it would just stop there just hope 343 can do as well as Bungie can
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:07 am

stalker,it aint hypocritcal.People here are saying its a stupid DECISION,not the devs themselves
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:03 am

HellJumper wrote:
stalker,it aint hypocritcal.People here are saying its a stupid DECISION,not the devs themselves

Exactly. Activision has burnt two franchises to the ground (Guitar Hero and CoD). I don't like Bungie signing with Activision because it runs the risk of them getting screwed over again and again.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:43 am

HellJumper wrote:
I’m not disputing the fact that people will be pissed off about it pal, my comment was aimed at the people who made statements like: Bungie’s dead, I’ll never buy a Bungie game if it’s published by Activision, Bungie doesn’t exist anymore, Bungie can kiss my ass.

There just is no need for comments like that considering what they have done for the console which we all obviously support on this forum. It makes those people sound like they only liked Bungie because they were exclusive to us and not because of the great games they produced.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:02 am

ghost23 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Exactly. Activision has burnt two franchises to the ground (Guitar Hero and CoD). I don't like Bungie signing with Activision because it runs the risk of them getting screwed over again and again.
Whats the difference between Infinity Ward and Red Octane and the difference between Bungie?

Infinity Ward and Red Octane are/were OWNED by Activision whereas Bungie is only using Activision to publish there forth coming games, Bungie arn't nieve enough to relinquish their status as an independant company to a company who have screwed over the creators of another famous FPS series.

Example: Jason West and Vince Zampella were sacked from Infinity Ward by Activision because Robert Kotick was their boss, Robert Kotick couldn't sack Jason Jones and Alex Seropian because Activision does not own Bungie.

Bungie have actually been quite clever because under Bungie's agreement with Activision, a new IP developed by Bungie will be owned by Bungie, not the publisher, a rare agreement in the video game industry.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:16 am

Most people are saying it was a bad decision........
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Ah so they are just partners. Activision has'nt bought them.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:51 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Most people are saying it was a bad decision........

At least they are being careful, they own the rights to their games, not activision, so a situation like the one with Infinity Ward or some sort of rip-off is almost impossible since Bungie has rights to their games, activision will only distribute it.

I was telling stalker that most people think that it was a bad descision,not what you thought i meant
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:10 pm

if bungie had joined infinty ward it would have been legend. wait for it..... Dary
legendary!
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:32 pm

well 343 has all the important ppl from bungie
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Like Zephy said, all Activision got were the leftovers, All the important people are with 343 industries. Bungie owes it's success to Microsoft, and now Bungie has been split, they'll never make another game as good as Halo.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:26 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Like Zephy said, all Activision got were the leftovers, All the important people are with 343 industries. Bungie owes it's success to Microsoft, and now Bungie has been split, they'll never make another game as good as Halo.
u never no they could make a halo killer because who better than bungie to do it themselfs
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:22 pm

joe11 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
u never no they could make a halo killer because who better than bungie to do it themselfs

Leftovers, Bungie lost like 1/3 of it's staff, and those aren't exactly replaceable people, in the mean time, 343 industries could make another Halo game that itself could topple Halo Reach in the future.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:07 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
joe11 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Leftovers, Bungie lost like 1/3 of it's staff, and those aren't exactly replaceable people, in the mean time, 343 industries could make another Halo game that itself could topple Halo Reach in the future.

I seriously doubt Reach will be as good as CE,2 and 3. No master chief and the multiplayer doesn't see as good the the others,you cant jump high and a few other changes.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:09 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

what you mean?no one left bungie.if you mean frank that left in 2007 he's only 1 person and maybe a few others.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:11 pm

btw i am tremendously mad and sad at this. I don't even care much about the 1 ip for that pos publisher activision but because bungie said they won't ever make a Halo game. That hurts a lot as a big halo/bungie fan. I don't want 343 to do it,i dont trust them,i trust bungie. the original is always the best,just see other franchises that got ruined because of the new developer. Call me in denial but i still have a feeling Bungie will make the next mast chief Halo game next gen.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
btw i am tremendously mad and sad at this. I don't even care much about the 1 ip for that pos publisher activision but because bungie said they won't ever make a Halo game. That hurts a lot as a big halo/bungie fan. I don't want 343 to do it,i dont trust them,i trust bungie. the original is always the best,just see other franchises that got ruined because of the new developer. Call me in denial but i still have a feeling Bungie will make the next mast chief Halo game next gen.

343 Industries is composed of ex-Bungie staff, like 1/3 of it. Important people. How can they not make a new Halo game?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bungie signs with activision   

Back to top Go down

bungie signs with activision
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next