Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01
|Subject: Call of Duty: Black Ops - details overload Thu May 13, 2010 1:07 am|| |
I think it'll be great to have a COD that actually has fair multiplayer(maybe).
* Four-player co-op is confirmed.
* You'll play at least two characters in multiple international conflicts.
* American and Russian black operatives have been consulted. Given the above points, we reckon that means you might play on both sides of the conflict
* Exact setting dates haven't been revealed, but the game will play out over a long period of history.
* As black ops teams were privy to superior intelligence and had free access to any equipmenent they wanted, weapons and ammo will be more varied this time around. A military crossbow has been confirmed so far, but it's not just for sniping. CoD:BO (unfortunately aromatic acronym) allows on-the-fly ammo changes for some of its weapons, so the bow can also be fitted out with exploding arrows.
* There's also an AUG assault rifle that will take multiple attachments.
* The SR-71 Blackbird is the new AC-130. During one level, the recon plane is used to observe terrain from above, with the player directing the squad below with a pointer in order to help them avoid enemy Russian convoys. Immediately after this, you'll take control of the squad on the ground.
* Treyarch head Mark Lamia has said that the game is 'epic in scope', being focused around a story that 'has meaning and character and will be multi-threaded'. Perhaps more of an indication that Treyarch will be giving the Cold War an ambiguous, mutli-sided treatment?
* CoD: BO is using the same full-actor motion-capture technology as Avatar. That means that not just gestures, but whole performances are captured, right down to facial expressions and line delivery. Expect some serious emoting this time around.
* It looks like Treyarch is following Modern Warfare's lead in terms of big action movie set-pieces. Cliff-diving and rappelling through windows are already in.
Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Thu May 13, 2010 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put in at least part of the story, not just a link.)
Petty Officer 1st Class
Posts : 197
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 24
Location : sydney, Australia
|Subject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - details overload Thu May 13, 2010 8:28 am|| |
sounds good cant wait for e3
Chief Petty Officer
Posts : 371
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 30
Location : Chernobyl NPP, Ukraine
|Subject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - details overload Thu May 13, 2010 10:48 am|| |
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-01-30
|Subject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - details overload Sat May 15, 2010 12:23 am|| |
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Posts : 101
Join date : 2010-07-06
|Subject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - details overload Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:12 pm|| |
WILL NOT BUY UNLESS ZOMBIES MODE
Four Star General (Moderator)
Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.
|Subject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - details overload Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:25 pm|| |
Does sound good but I'm sick of cod, I wanna get bbc2 and reach
|Subject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - details overload Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:45 pm|| |
Not buying, even if there is Zombies. I will not support Activision.
|Subject: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - details overload || |