This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:26 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
XboxxBeastXX wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:
XboxxBeastXX wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

and the online player count, and the replayability

demondragondude wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

And the gameplay?!

and the story, and the setting, and the characters

Lol. Halo and story don't belong together. Ive read STD pamphlets with more story structure then that pile of shit.

Fuck off you 4 chan retard.Take your epic raid elsewhere faggot

Not even. Halo has no story. It was a generic fps at BEST. There are soooo many more Shooters with actual story in them. And better gameplay.

saying AAA franchise sucks makes u looose all credibility.

No story? tell that to the 6 novels, graphic novels and fucking excyclopedia. The story is so vast you cant even begin to imagine.

He came, he saw, he PWNED!

Nice one, Mld.
Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Halo has the title for a long time,i remember perfect had it and then 1 year later halo took it and it has held it till this day. no title has taken the title away. btw i think you should add one more important criteria,it has to do something for the fps genre,this one is really important and probably the main reason Halo is still king of fps games.
Back to top Go down
Bubz0rz
Seaman Recruit


Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Haha nice idea, Mld!

Add #6 as well:

Must have a story of the same standard

and #7

Must have the same immense multiplayer

and #8

Must have the same amount of weapons, all unique

and #9

Must be less linear and about as open

and #10

Must have the same amount of vehicles

and #11

Must have either a mode similar to forge or the theatre


PWNAGE!!!


XD

I see, so it has to be Halo, just... Not Halo?
Back to top Go down
MastarCheifz
Seaman Recruit


Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Bad Company 2 Already killed Halo
Back to top Go down
Ermac

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Oh I got a few

- Needs to have a community of 15 year olds or under (I hate playing against old people lol)
- Needs to have aliens with 4 jaws, like elites
- Needs to have power armour
- Needs to have matchmaking
- Can't be on PC or PS3
- has to have a main character named after a military rank
- Has to have an option for pink armour colors
Back to top Go down
PubertyRocks



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Ermac wrote:
Oh I got a few

- Needs to have a community of 15 year olds or under (I hate playing against old people lol)
- Needs to have aliens with 4 jaws, like elites
- Needs to have power armour
- Needs to have matchmaking
- Can't be on PC or PS3
- has to have a main character named after a military rank
- Has to have an option for pink armour colors

You forgot kewl ninja armor xD
Back to top Go down
DominicxD
Seaman Recruit
avatar

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Ermac wrote:
Oh I got a few

- Needs to have a community of 15 year olds or under (I hate playing against old people lol)
- Needs to have aliens with 4 jaws, like elites
- Needs to have power armour
- Needs to have matchmaking
- Can't be on PC or PS3
- has to have a main character named after a military rank
- Has to have an option for pink armour colors
so mass effect then
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:38 pm

Ermac wrote:
Oh I got a few

- Needs to have a community of 15 year olds or under (I hate playing against old people lol)
- Needs to have aliens with 4 jaws, like elites
- Needs to have power armour
- Needs to have matchmaking
- Can't be on PC or PS3
- has to have a main character named after a military rank
- Has to have an option for pink armour colors

Stealth troll. Lol
Back to top Go down
Wii60
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice


Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:40 pm

phail on the more online players and the sales. more people know about halo so obviously it sells more all that matters is if its better but you know no game will outsell halo so you do this because you know no game can win under this criteria

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Wii60 wrote:
phail on the more online players and the sales. more people know about halo so obviously it sells more all that matters is if its better but you know no game will outsell halo so you do this because you know no game can win under this criteria


You fail because there is not tangible way of measuring quality as it is all opinionated. The only thing that we can really measure is sales and online players.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:33 am

Ermac wrote:
Oh I got a few

- Needs to have a community of 15 year olds or under (I hate playing against old people lol)
- Needs to have aliens with 4 jaws, like elites
- Needs to have power armour
- Needs to have matchmaking
- Can't be on PC or PS3
- has to have a main character named after a military rank
- Has to have an option for pink armour colors

There are plenty of adults who play Halo
The Elites are some of the best looking aliens in videogames
If your talking about MJOLNIR, yes its damn awesome.
Yep it needs to have the best matchmaking in gaming
Halo CE and 2 are on PC
His name is John, Master Chief is what they call him.
There are various armour colours.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 pm

The thing is you won't find an exclusive casual FPS on PS3.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
The thing is you won't find an exclusive casual FPS on PS3.

Funny thing is, barely anyone plays PS3's exclusives online anymore. Halo Reach itself has more online players than all PS3 exclusives online games combined.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:55 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
The thing is you won't find an exclusive casual FPS on PS3.

Funny thing is, barely anyone plays PS3's exclusives online anymore. Halo Reach itself has more online players than all PS3 exclusives online games combined.

The game caters to casual gamers so of course it will sell more cause casual gamers are the main gamers of the market.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:57 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Funny thing is, barely anyone plays PS3's exclusives online anymore. Halo Reach itself has more online players than all PS3 exclusives online games combined.

And don't claim something unless it's true. That statement is completely false.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:49 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
The thing is you won't find an exclusive casual FPS on PS3.

Funny thing is, barely anyone plays PS3's exclusives online anymore. Halo Reach itself has more online players than all PS3 exclusives online games combined.

The game caters to casual gamers so of course it will sell more cause casual gamers are the main gamers of the market.

Um no. Halo caters to everyone as it has the extremely rare ability to be accessible to core and casual (just like COD has become). Thats really the beauty of it, when you make a game that is MLG quality and takes skill to truly be good, yet also appeals to the easy going types as well. Halo sells for the story but especially the addictive multiplayer.

To say that as an excuse is no excuse for how poor PS3 exclusive fps's fare in comparison. It may not have more players then all ps3 exclusives combined, but they sure as hell make the online servers of ps3 exclusive fps's look like ghost towns lol.

in all seriousness, this gen, you play COD and you play Halo for fps. Everything else is a waste of time and fades after the first couple months.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class


Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : TX

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:26 pm

It'd be nice if FPS' in general just went away. Way too god damn many of them.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:44 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
The thing is you won't find an exclusive casual FPS on PS3.

Funny thing is, barely anyone plays PS3's exclusives online anymore. Halo Reach itself has more online players than all PS3 exclusives online games combined.

The game caters to casual gamers so of course it will sell more cause casual gamers are the main gamers of the market.

Um no. Halo caters to everyone as it has the extremely rare ability to be accessible to core and casual (just like COD has become). Thats really the beauty of it, when you make a game that is MLG quality and takes skill to truly be good, yet also appeals to the easy going types as well. Halo sells for the story but especially the addictive multiplayer.

To say that as an excuse is no excuse for how poor PS3 exclusive fps's fare in comparison. It may not have more players then all ps3 exclusives combined, but they sure as hell make the online servers of ps3 exclusive fps's look like ghost towns lol.

in all seriousness, this gen, you play COD and you play Halo for fps. Everything else is a waste of time and fades after the first couple months.

LMAO. "when you make a game that is MLG quality" My stool is MLG quality. MLG players suck at gaming. I've been invited to join and I said "**** off you ******* losers!" cause I own them to easily. Halo really doesn't take that much skill, Battlefield (Original) and Bad Company require more skill than Halo TBAH here. CODBO is the best COD this gen and Halo Reach is the best Halo this gen (In content, least amount of glitches and overall quality) And LEARN THE DEFINITION OF GHOST TOWN BEFORE YOU USE THE PHRASE! Damn, you fanboys drive me crazy. You know what game has addictive multiplayer? Battlefield Vietnam and BF2.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-01-16
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
The thing is you won't find an exclusive casual FPS on PS3.

Funny thing is, barely anyone plays PS3's exclusives online anymore. Halo Reach itself has more online players than all PS3 exclusives online games combined.

The game caters to casual gamers so of course it will sell more cause casual gamers are the main gamers of the market.

Um no. Halo caters to everyone as it has the extremely rare ability to be accessible to core and casual (just like COD has become). Thats really the beauty of it, when you make a game that is MLG quality and takes skill to truly be good, yet also appeals to the easy going types as well. Halo sells for the story but especially the addictive multiplayer.

To say that as an excuse is no excuse for how poor PS3 exclusive fps's fare in comparison. It may not have more players then all ps3 exclusives combined, but they sure as hell make the online servers of ps3 exclusive fps's look like ghost towns lol.

in all seriousness, this gen, you play COD and you play Halo for fps. Everything else is a waste of time and fades after the first couple months.

LMAO. "when you make a game that is MLG quality" My stool is MLG quality. MLG players suck at gaming. I've been invited to join and I said "**** off you ******* losers!" cause I own them to easily. Halo really doesn't take that much skill, Battlefield (Original) and Bad Company require more skill than Halo TBAH here. CODBO is the best COD this gen and Halo Reach is the best Halo this gen (In content, least amount of glitches and overall quality) And LEARN THE DEFINITION OF GHOST TOWN BEFORE YOU USE THE PHRASE! Damn, you fanboys drive me crazy. You know what game has addictive multiplayer? Battlefield Vietnam and BF2.

I wouldn't say MLG players suck, I'd say that they're not very adaptable... they play a handful of games excessively that when you drop them into a new environment they'll sink...

MLG games are usually shitty noob games though. Hell, hopscotch can be played competitively if you add in handstands and flips.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-01-20
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:30 am

cigar wrote:
I wouldn't say MLG players suck, I'd say that they're not very adaptable... they play a handful of games excessively that when you drop them into a new environment they'll sink...

MLG games are usually shitty noob games though. Hell, hopscotch can be played competitively if you add in handstands and flips.

Well they are easy to kill for me in really any game and they try to invite me cause they don't want to face me I just think that's pretty pathetic.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:11 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
cigar wrote:
I wouldn't say MLG players suck, I'd say that they're not very adaptable... they play a handful of games excessively that when you drop them into a new environment they'll sink...

MLG games are usually shitty noob games though. Hell, hopscotch can be played competitively if you add in handstands and flips.

Well they are easy to kill for me in really any game and they try to invite me cause they don't want to face me I just think that's pretty pathetic.

LOL alright mate. All hail the fucking king of gaming right here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   

Back to top Go down
 
Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» New Halo toys - at the right bloody scale?!
» Halo reach fanart for startrek
» Halo vs Call of Duty!
» lol, best Halo screenshot ever!
» halo meets FORZA4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: