This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Wed May 26, 2010 10:45 am

Obviously a PR move since I'm sure that EA has or propably will be supplying a 360 development kit to Insomniac anyway. Rubbing salt into the wounds of PS3 fanboys. lol
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/05/25/major-nelson-to-personally-deliver-xbox-360-dev-kit-to-insomniac/
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Wed May 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Usualy developers have to buy Dev Kits and they are expensive. This is MS showing that they are the best system to developer on and they care more than anyone about getting quality games for their fans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Thu May 27, 2010 3:56 am

Just proves one again that Microsoft cares about their 3rd party developers and are willing to offer help to make the best XBOX 360 game as possible for the 360 owners. Unlike Sony.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Thu May 27, 2010 5:57 am

I wonder what type of game it's going to be. I hope it's like Zelda.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Thu May 27, 2010 7:59 am

Cant wait to see what they make!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Thu May 27, 2010 6:14 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
I wonder what type of game it's going to be. I hope it's like Zelda.

Yeah, this gen needs more games like that.

I've noticed that games are becoming less and less imaginative. Now all it takes is a game that gives you some weapons and gore, to satisfy people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Thu May 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Microsoft are great 3rd partners. But microsoft needs more 1st party studios IMO.
Back to top Go down
SuckMyNutz

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Thu May 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Dont get your hopes up....look at Alan Wake, 6 years of development for flashlights
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Thu May 27, 2010 8:22 pm

SuckMyNutz wrote:
Dont get your hopes up....look at Alan Wake, 6 years of development for flashlights
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Thu May 27, 2010 11:05 pm

SuckMyNutz wrote:

Try, best use of light in any game yet.

Oh and Alan Wake came out a little more than 4 years after it was announced.

As for "hopes", it's PS3 fantards who better hope Insomniac doesn't get a taste for multiplatform money or Resistance 3 will be the last they make.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Fri May 28, 2010 12:41 am

SuckMyNutz wrote:
Neutral
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Rubbing salt into the wounds of PS3 fanboys.
wat
It's a multiplatform IP being done on the side. Who's really that bothered by this?
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:59 am

ghost23 wrote:
Just proves one again that Microsoft cares about their 3rd party developers and are willing to offer help to make the best XBOX 360 game as possible for the 360 owners. Unlike Sony.
I really can't word the amount of ignorant fanboyism in that single post.
Good one. They don't make them like you anymore.
Back to top Go down
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:05 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Usualy developers have to buy Dev Kits and they are expensive. This is MS showing that they are the best system to developer on and they care more than anyone about getting quality games for their fans.

No, this is indeed a PR move trying to show that Insomniac is indeed multi-platform. 360 fans seem to forget that even though Insomniac is multi-platform, they still are working exclusively with Sony for how many undisclosed games. Insom is not going multi because of Sony, they've been partners for over a decade. They are going multi because in this economic time, it's better money to develop for more than one company. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft throwing money at Insom for DLC or whatever else they have planned.
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:08 pm

KonaBro wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

No, this is indeed a PR move trying to show that Insomniac is indeed multi-platform. 360 fans seem to forget that even though Insomniac is multi-platform, they still are working exclusively with Sony for how many undisclosed games. Insom is not going multi because of Sony, they've been partners for over a decade. They are going multi because in this economic time, it's better money to develop for more than one company. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft throwing money at Insom for DLC or whatever else they have planned.
That and Insomniac is saying that they are putting out games yearly so this side venture allows for more time for their main projects (Resistance 3, etc)
Back to top Go down
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:19 pm

Wolfshiemhere wrote:
KonaBro wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

That and Insomniac is saying that they are putting out games yearly so this side venture allows for more time for their main projects (Resistance 3, etc)

Yeah I believe the NC studio will be handling the PS3 exclusive titles while the one in L.A. will handle the multis.
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:26 pm

KonaBro wrote:
Wolfshiemhere wrote:
KonaBro wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Yeah I believe the NC studio will be handling the PS3 exclusive titles while the one in L.A. will handle the multis.
Well time to learn how to that PS3 codes, I'm starting a co-op with the NC group in a year and a half.
Back to top Go down
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:32 pm

Wolfshiemhere wrote:
KonaBro wrote:
Wolfshiemhere wrote:
KonaBro wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Well time to learn how to that PS3 codes, I'm starting a co-op with the NC group in a year and a half.

Oh wow congrats! I'm going to Korea myself next week so I'll be at TGS aand will be providing feedback for another gaming website I frequent.
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:33 pm

KonaBro wrote:
Wolfshiemhere wrote:
KonaBro wrote:
Wolfshiemhere wrote:
KonaBro wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Oh wow congrats! I'm going to Korea myself next week so I'll be at TGS aand will be providing feedback for another gaming website I frequent.
Wow, that's ridiculously awesome. Just going to Korea/Japan itself is amazing. Tell me how it goes man.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:53 pm

so will they make a PS3 exclusive, then a multiplat, then a PS3 exclusive, then a multiplat, then a PS3 exclusive, then a multiplat, then a multiplat, then a PS3 exclusive, then a multiplat, then a PS3 exclusive, then a multiplat...
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
so will they make a PS3 exclusive, then a multiplat, then a PS3 exclusive, then a multiplat, then a PS3 exclusive, then a multiplat, then a multiplat, then a PS3 exclusive, then a multiplat, then a PS3 exclusive, then a multiplat...

Then a 360 exclusive Razz lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally   

Back to top Go down

Major Nelson will deliver a 360 development kit to Insomniac personally
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1