This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blaze

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:38 am

The PC? You. Yes you, you are typing on a computer that's connected to the internet. Which also, Hey you following me? okay? Good. Which also can, don't let this be a shock, Play games, Not only play games but play most of the 360's "Exclusives." Games such as Gears of War, and the Halo 1 and 2, you can do other things. Download applications, listen to music, download cars You can contest that the 360 version is "Superior", For what? I ask, many ask. Some say for it's controller. PC's can get there own controller's to you guys even with again, shocker custom control schemes that fit YOU. Do you know what I do? I go out. Buy myself some computer parts from the money I've been saving up from my new job. Put it all together, buy some games, I.E. Gears, Halo, L4D, TF2 and so on. Even if I need a system that my buddies can all play at once. We set up our LAN, or we use my PS3, which also plays movies of the now industry standard Blu-Rays.

So. Take my opinion or not, Thanks for reading.


Last edited by Blaze on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yusuke Urameshi
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 196
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:39 am

Blog it son!

Anyways I kinda agree that PC does get the better version of the games more then half the time.

Multiplatform gamer!
Back to top Go down
yes_I_am_a_dog

avatar

Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:41 am

Well if you have thumbs yes, however some of us aren't as blessed.

Heck, even using a controller on a console is difficult.(Except for that one time I stole the cats wiimote and had a go at the zelda, I had a jolly time until the cat found out, and let me tell you, he was NOT happy with the teethmarks,HOHOHOHO)
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:46 am

what doies this have to do with 360 vs ps3.

I dont care about your PC habits.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman


Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:32 am

I'm mainly PC myself. What I don't understand is why the PC is so often ignored. Sales don't mean shit to the consumer when you think about it. Everything about PC is superior, unless you get a terrible port (such as GTA4)

And games don't need to be major commercialized releases to be good. There are HUNDREDS of Indie games out there, many of them free, that are extremely fun to play. One example is a game called Savage 2. Go YouTube it and tell me that doesn't look fun. And it's also free.

Also, L4D on 360 = lol. The system requirements aren't high, you get mods and custom maps, and free DLC (The Passing is free on PC)

Not to bash on the 360, as this is a 360 forum. But the PC is overlooked and misunderstood way too often.
Back to top Go down
Media
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:34 am

Blaze wrote:
... download cars ...

I lol'ed, did anyone see this?
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 29
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:34 am

TheJester wrote:
I'm mainly PC myself. What I don't understand is why the PC is so often ignored. Sales don't mean shit to the consumer when you think about it. Everything about PC is superior, unless you get a terrible port (such as GTA4)

And games don't need to be major commercialized releases to be good. There are HUNDREDS of Indie games out there, many of them free, that are extremely fun to play. One example is a game called Savage 2. Go YouTube it and tell me that doesn't look fun. And it's also free.

Also, L4D on 360 = lol. The system requirements aren't high, you get mods and custom maps, and free DLC (The Passing is free on PC)

Not to bash on the 360, as this is a 360 forum. But the PC is overlooked and misunderstood way too often.

we respect the pc. we know the 360 version is inferior. but our argument is that inferior version > ps3 version that doesnt exist.

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman


Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:38 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
TheJester wrote:
I'm mainly PC myself. What I don't understand is why the PC is so often ignored. Sales don't mean shit to the consumer when you think about it. Everything about PC is superior, unless you get a terrible port (such as GTA4)

And games don't need to be major commercialized releases to be good. There are HUNDREDS of Indie games out there, many of them free, that are extremely fun to play. One example is a game called Savage 2. Go YouTube it and tell me that doesn't look fun. And it's also free.

Also, L4D on 360 = lol. The system requirements aren't high, you get mods and custom maps, and free DLC (The Passing is free on PC)

Not to bash on the 360, as this is a 360 forum. But the PC is overlooked and misunderstood way too often.

we respect the pc. we know the 360 version is inferior. but our argument is that inferior version > ps3 version that doesnt exist.

Yes, very true. Anyone who denies that is a fool. But there are games I don't think should be counted, like the first Supreme Commander. But, I digress, what you say is true.

I'm just happy that Black Ops is gonna have dedicated servers lol.

Also, MLD, what exactly happened? Did someone you know irl hack you in anger? Or some butthurt fanboy? Or do you honestly not know? I've been curious for a while lol
Back to top Go down
Media
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:45 am

have you been reading the forum in the past two hours?
Back to top Go down
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman


Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:46 am

Media wrote:
have you been reading the forum in the past two hours?

I'm talking about his YouTube account. Not the trolls from /v/
Back to top Go down
Media
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:47 am

oh, sorry then
Back to top Go down
Nikka
Seaman Recruit
avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:08 am

Wait wait wait wait wait. PCs can play games? Well, probably not in troo HD like Xbros can. Oh wait, it looks much better and has a much higher framerate? Well, it's expensive. Oh wait, Xbros have to pay $850 to get all the PC's features, which could also pay for a high-to-mid tier gaming computer?

Well, fuck PCs anyway mang
Back to top Go down
Media
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:11 am

Nikka wrote:
Wait wait wait wait wait. PCs can play games? Well, probably not in troo HD like Xbros can. Oh wait, it looks much better and has a much higher framerate? Well, it's expensive. Oh wait, Xbros have to pay $850 to get all the PC's features, which could also pay for a high-to-mid tier gaming computer?

Well, fuck PCs anyway mang

you made me laugh
Back to top Go down
Blaze

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:35 am

TheJester wrote:
I'm mainly PC myself. What I don't understand is why the PC is so often ignored. Sales don't mean shit to the consumer when you think about it. Everything about PC is superior, unless you get a terrible port (such as GTA4).
I totally agree with you. Hopefully with flagship companies like Valve and Blizzard(starting to tank i.e no chatrooms) will bring PC gaming back.
Back to top Go down
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman


Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:37 am

PC gaming may be dying in a sense, but it's still superior in all aspects.

And I don't blame Blizzard for all the bullshit happening with SC2. I blame Activision. Being involved with Activision is a deal with the devil.
Back to top Go down
Nikka
Seaman Recruit
avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:39 am

TheJester wrote:
PC gaming may be dying in a sense, but it's still superior in all aspects.

And I don't blame Blizzard for all the bullshit happening with SC2. I blame Activision. Being involved with Activision is a deal with the devil.

I don't really care whose fault it is. If they're going to make me pay $180 for a game and then charge me to play online, I will hate everyone involved.
Back to top Go down
Blaze

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:40 am

Even though all that is happening with blizzard. I'm still going to buy SC2, sure we don't get some features. But patches people. patches.

Do the thing TF2 has been doing for the past 2 years. Giving new content for free.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:29 am

Media wrote:
Blaze wrote:
... download cars ...

I lol'ed, did anyone see this?

Haha yeah same! XD

TheJester wrote:
PC gaming may be dying in a sense, but it's still superior in all aspects.

And I don't blame Blizzard for all the bullshit happening with SC2. I blame Activision. Being involved with Activision is a deal with the devil.

Yes, PC's definately the superior gaming system but the point is:

Not everyone wants to use their pc for gaming (prefer using it for work and such)
Not everyone is happy paying so much for a gaming pc and then having to upgrade graphics cards when necessary, only to realise that their older games don't work
Not everyone wants to install their games

PC isn't a console. It can play games well and often better than the consoles but the problem is that it does lack the accessibility and simplicity of a console.

I'm happy to include it in the console war but then both 360 and ps3 kinda get owned. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
masterchief1998
Seaman Recruit
avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:48 am

demondragondude wrote:
I'm happy to include it in the console war but then both 360 and ps3 kinda get owned. Razz
I'm not sure about this, but... Rolling Eyes
If we included PC to the console war, PS3 and Wii could still hold their own ground. Mostly because they have something that's their own lol!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:16 am

masterchief1998 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
I'm happy to include it in the console war but then both 360 and ps3 kinda get owned. Razz
I'm not sure about this, but... Rolling Eyes
If we included PC to the console war, PS3 and Wii could still hold their own ground. Mostly because they have something that's their own lol!

...How about no?

360 has not only 360 exclusives, but multiplats with pc too. If anything, it could hold it's ground even better than wii and ps3, as it loads of games from all areas;
Multiplats with ps3, eg: Red Dead Redemption
Exclusives, eg: Halo
and
Microsoft exclusives, eg: Mass Effect

So basically, the games 360 has which pc also has, cancels them out as competition because both systems have those games (eg: you can't say that 360's better because it has mw2, because ps3 has it too).

Ps3 on the other hand, it hasn't got Left 4 Dead or Mass Effect or whatever other 360/pc exclusives there are. So if in a war against pc...it won't stand a chance.
360 has those games so those games aren't relevant in that particular console war.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman


Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:34 am

If you have a gaming PC, you have no reason to get a 360 unless you REALLY want its exclusives. The PC and PS3 complement each other very well.

The PC also almost always has the better version of each game it "shares" with the 360 (L4D was practically made to be played on PC. It WAS developed by Valve, after all)

In my case, I started off with a gaming PC. I had no reason to get a 360 as my next platform, so I went with a PS3. If the PC didn't share so many games with the 360, I might have gotten that instead depending on which games wouldn't be. That is why PC and PS3 complement each other so well. Because they each have great exclusives, and the PC has the superior version of most multiplat games. Games like RDR just get on PS3. PC + PS3 is the best dual-platform combination this gen. The nice thing about PC games is that they cost $10 less (except with Activision games) less than console releases. Plus you got the mods and free DLC. In the end, PC is often most cost-effective, especially with Steam having so many amazing deals.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:46 am

I have no idea sbotu you guys but id rather game on 360 then have to pay alot of extra money to game on PC.Not to mention PC is a helluva lot more of a hassle to play games on

When you get a game for 360,slip your disk in and the game will start.No installs at all.

PC gaming costs so damn much
Back to top Go down
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman


Posts : 41
Join date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:53 am

As I said previously, PC gaming is widely misunderstood. In the long run, you could easily be paying more for the 360 than you would gaming on a PC. A decent gaming PC is only ~$500 nowadays, and with no one really pushing PC's limits anymore, that same PC won't need to be upgraded for a WHILE. A 360 or PS3 + a good HDTV is also more expensive than a PC that'll run anything (again, only ~$500 nowadays) with a decent monitor (add around $100)

I understand that a HDTV can be used for more than just gaming, but so could a PC. I understand how consoles have much better ease of access, but it really isn't complicated to install games.

Each to their own, though.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 am

HellJumper wrote:
I have no idea sbotu you guys but id rather game on 360 then have to pay alot of extra money to game on PC.Not to mention PC is a helluva lot more of a hassle to play games on

When you get a game for 360,slip your disk in and the game will start.No installs at all.

PC gaming costs so damn much
I just love it when people talk as if they have an idea wtf they are talking about. Especially when they make completely no sense at all. If 100-200 dollars is an alot of games, then you need to wait until you could actually get a job. You install a game which takes like 5 minutes then you could play any game you have installed without swapping disk or anything like that. Just open your video game folder and you have every game you own at your disposal.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 456
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 27
Location : Lawlalwaw

PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:22 am

obviously the pc is better at alot of things but whats the one thing that the 360, wii, and ps3 all focus on? gaming.

Pc is probaly the weakest link if you ask me since the 360 can play the mutliplats AND exclusives
ps3 has games
and the wii has motion controls.which pc doesnt
and also a gaming pc can be very expensive yet a more powerful (as in specs) machine can be bought for 299 nowadays
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...   

Back to top Go down
 
Sure, xbox 360, ps3, wii. What about...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Minecraft is coming too Xbox Live Arcade.
» List of PSN / Xbox Live / Steam / Origin accounts
» Xbox Live.....Battlefield 3? O.o
» xbox 360 microsoft wheel
» Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: