This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

OMG PORTAL 2 GONNA BE BETTER ON PS3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: OMG PORTAL 2 GONNA BE BETTER ON PS3   Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Diplo wrote:
it will still be better on PC then on either console.

how
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: OMG PORTAL 2 GONNA BE BETTER ON PS3   Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Pickles wrote:
Diplo wrote:

how
I don't know which is stupider, his posting THE most obvious statement possible, or you not realizing how obvious it is.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: OMG PORTAL 2 GONNA BE BETTER ON PS3   Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:10 am

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Diplo wrote:

how
I don't know which is stupider, his posting THE most obvious statement possible, or you not realizing how obvious it is.

wut do u mean
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: OMG PORTAL 2 GONNA BE BETTER ON PS3   Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:03 am

BlackStigma wrote:
So the PS3 version is better than the 360 version because Valve is too lazy to do updates on multiple services, i see...
No, Microsoft won't allow them to give away the free content they want, nor will they allow them to update/patch the games as much as they want. You can only give away certain amounts of content on XBL, and if you want to do more after meeting the "free quota", the developers have to pay out of pocket for each update/patch/free content. They're also are constrained to a time window, which is why some games like Left 4 Dead 2 would have an important patch on PC day 1, but it takes around a month to arrive on Xbox360. Valve is a very supportive of their games, and services like XBL do not allow them to fully support their releases. PC = Free DLC, Xbox360 = Payed DLC, in Valve's case.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: OMG PORTAL 2 GONNA BE BETTER ON PS3   Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:11 am

Jamin wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
So the PS3 version is better than the 360 version because Valve is too lazy to do updates on multiple services, i see...
No, Microsoft won't allow them to give away the free content they want, nor will they allow them to update/patch the games as much as they want. You can only give away certain amounts of content on XBL, and if you want to do more after meeting the "free quota", the developers have to pay out of pocket for each update/patch/free content. They're also are constrained to a time window, which is why some games like Left 4 Dead 2 would have an important patch on PC day 1, but it takes around a month to arrive on Xbox360. Valve is a very supportive of their games, and services like XBL do not allow them to fully support their releases. PC = Free DLC, Xbox360 = Payed DLC, in Valve's case.

How many free updates could they give? I mean maybe instead of a patch or install every 5 days they could make 1 large one every few months or so.

About that paid DLC...
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net/xbox-360-news-f11/super-meat-boy-creators-say-fck-you-to-the-dlc-system-with-teh-internets-t6001.htm
These guys figured out how to do it, couldn't Valve do the same/.
Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: OMG PORTAL 2 GONNA BE BETTER ON PS3   Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:10 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Jamin wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

How many free updates could they give? I mean maybe instead of a patch or install every 5 days they could make 1 large one every few months or so.

About that paid DLC...
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net/xbox-360-news-f11/super-meat-boy-creators-say-fck-you-to-the-dlc-system-with-teh-internets-t6001.htm
These guys figured out how to do it, couldn't Valve do the same/.
There is a difference between Super Meat Boy, and games like TF2 & L4D. Super Meat Boy has a level editor in it, and I'm pretty sure these free levels are just something similar to TXT files being read from the server and the game rebuilding it. If they want to add new audio or other aspects, they can release it in their REAL DLC packs on XBL. Its a nice system they have, but other developers can't utilize this, especially games like L4D.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: OMG PORTAL 2 GONNA BE BETTER ON PS3   Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:43 pm

Well I think most console owners should buy Portal 2 on PS3 now because of this (if they do not have a gaming PC). As for me I just got Left 4 Dead. Wink, but my Xbox is fucking up on me... multiple times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG PORTAL 2 GONNA BE BETTER ON PS3   

Back to top Go down

OMG PORTAL 2 GONNA BE BETTER ON PS3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2