This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

"PC always gets superior multi-plats"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Venir wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
Venir wrote:

actually a few really good mods for HL2 are getting their own games including killing floor and natural selection 2.
Killing Floor was an UT2004 mod, Natural Selection was a HL1 mod Wink
The mod I've played the most is probably the original Counter-Strike which I played since beta 2.
well besides me being stupid about the game that the mods are for it still seems like mods help inspire new games and generally bring new gameplay that keeps old games from losing players

Any chance you can change your avatar? That dude from Konami looks like a fucking creep. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Venir
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:01 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Any chance you can change your avatar? That dude from Konami looks like a fucking creep. Laughing
sure but now i don't look berry excite
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Venir wrote:

well besides me being stupid about the game that the mods are for it still seems like mods help inspire new games and generally bring new gameplay that keeps old games from losing players
That's true (the part about mods, not you being stupid).
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:49 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
You really have to be a PC player to understand or someone who isnt a 13 year old console fanboy. Did you know Modern warfare 1 had a Zombie game mode? It was an online mod that used Home made maps in it. I played it.... It was so fucking good....

I think mods are coming to the consoles. Maybe, I don't know. There's Steamworks but I don't know if that will let you use mods.

Unreal 2004 for the Ps3 had mod support, I think.
Mods won't come to consoles any time soon, especially not the 360 (since Microsoft is very selective when it comes to licensing issues). Unreal Tournament 3 had mods on the PS3 version, but the mods were made by PC users (who viewed it as thankless work). Steamworks is just used to deliver patches to the games as far as I know.

But they are on the Ps3 version. bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

I don't what PC users making mods for consoles has to do with anything. Nobody develops games on a console. But the consoles still have games. Well, except for that one time. alien alien alien alien alien alien

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   

Back to top Go down

"PC always gets superior multi-plats"?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6