This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
master chief shaymin
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-11-18

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:59 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
OMG people this argument is tearing us apart!!!! (inside joke) ok guys look whoever say consoles r the way to go needs a doctor FAST!!! A good pc is better than all 3 consoles put in 1 part.... now lets go back to 360 vs ps3 ok?

you suck

Console gaming > PC gaming.and if any PC retards want to complain,screw them lol

PC gamers are the worst, that is the main reason I dont play PC. Console gaming FTW! screw PC
1. what u just said was bleeding of fantard and all you did was prove my point. 2. you never say how pc gamers r the worst. 3. your comment is stupid at best and u never explain why you never play your pc which probably has bad specs.....

My PC isnt bad, its not Crysis maxed out type but it is good enough to play any game I want. And PC fanboys are the worst because of their PC elitism, just like Mac fanboys. And my comment was bleeding of fantard how....? Saying that PC fanboys are the worst is not a fanboy comment. And I do play my PC, for RTS's, the only game PC's are good for, that and MMO's.
"saying that PC fanboys are the worst IS NOT a fanboy
comment." FAIL


I just wanna ask why you would have a pic of your cousin on your avatar. And its not a fanboy comment, its truth. PC fanboy elitism is worse than PS3 fanboys. And if you arent here to root for the 360 why are you here? And its graphics, not graphix, as you posted in your last post.
its called did you really just correct me on graphics not graphix? FAIL and the of my cousin is called having a life with a family you would not know about it.....
Back to top Go down
master chief shaymin
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-11-18

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:02 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
OMG people this argument is tearing us apart!!!! (inside joke) ok guys look whoever say consoles r the way to go needs a doctor FAST!!! A good pc is better than all 3 consoles put in 1 part.... now lets go back to 360 vs ps3 ok?

you suck

Console gaming > PC gaming.and if any PC retards want to complain,screw them lol
thats really sad..... you sir, r u a console fanboy at the least......

Lol am I?Last time I checked I was a Halo fanboy.

No,your sir are a PC fanboy."oh my godz, he said the PC sucks!!!He must be a console fanboy!!!!!I must flame him because he disgraced PC!"

and can you please not us "r" and "u".Are you like 8 years olf or something?Well,judging by your avatar.......
lol ya, im 8 years olf FAIL and thats my cousin dick. Wait who the fuck ever said u were a halo fanboy? And you cant play crysis on max..... FAIL number 2 by the way i would rather be a fanboy of better graphix, better controls, better online, lower failure rate, and better games that the 360.
And you sir, make us PC gamers look real bad. We play PC games because we enjoy games like Half-Life, Crysis, Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, etc. We don't worship our PC and have sex with them like it's our made-up girlfriend. Plus, I have friends that our both PC and console gamers. They're both are awesome and do have drawbacks.
lol have all 3 consoles and a high end gaming pc, i just hate some of these people who ONLY own consoles and are fanboys, talking shit about pcs and have no idea what they are saying.

Again, if you are here to defend the PC, not the 360, this is not the forum for you. Go to some PC elitism forum.
ok so in your own words you mock me and say "OH HE LIKES CONSOLES BETTER THAN PC HE MUST BE FANBOY!!!" but now your like "OH HE DEFENDS THE PC HE MUST BE A PC ELITIST!!!!" FAIL
Back to top Go down
master chief shaymin
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-11-18

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:05 pm

HellJumper wrote:
lol your making yourself look like a complete and udder fool shaymin.Like Zienformer said,you are making PC gamers look bad.If all PC gamers are like you,then console gaming is definitly better....

"oh my godz,he only own a console,he must be a console fanboy!!" lol dude,I own a PC and I play many PC games.

"you suck

Console gaming > PC gaming.and if any PC retards want to complain,screw them lol"

ya, i make myself look like a fanboy........
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:04 pm

master chief shaymin wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
lol your making yourself look like a complete and udder fool shaymin.Like Zienformer said,you are making PC gamers look bad.If all PC gamers are like you,then console gaming is definitly better....

"oh my godz,he only own a console,he must be a console fanboy!!" lol dude,I own a PC and I play many PC games.

"you suck

Console gaming > PC gaming.and if any PC retards want to complain,screw them lol"

ya, i make myself look like a fanboy........

Dont take the "screw them" seriously.That is why I put a "lol" on it.Oh but thats right,your so young that you cant take a joke.

So I cant say Console gaming is better than PC gaming?Scince when did they make that a rule on here?Oh but no,if you see someone say console gaming is better than PC gaming,it automatically makes them a fanboy who never plays PC.lol your a retard
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:31 pm

master chief shaymin wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
OMG people this argument is tearing us apart!!!! (inside joke) ok guys look whoever say consoles r the way to go needs a doctor FAST!!! A good pc is better than all 3 consoles put in 1 part.... now lets go back to 360 vs ps3 ok?

you suck

Console gaming > PC gaming.and if any PC retards want to complain,screw them lol
thats really sad..... you sir, r u a console fanboy at the least......

Lol am I?Last time I checked I was a Halo fanboy.

No,your sir are a PC fanboy."oh my godz, he said the PC sucks!!!He must be a console fanboy!!!!!I must flame him because he disgraced PC!"

and can you please not us "r" and "u".Are you like 8 years olf or something?Well,judging by your avatar.......
lol ya, im 8 years olf FAIL and thats my cousin dick. Wait who the fuck ever said u were a halo fanboy? And you cant play crysis on max..... FAIL number 2 by the way i would rather be a fanboy of better graphix, better controls, better online, lower failure rate, and better games that the 360.
And you sir, make us PC gamers look real bad. We play PC games because we enjoy games like Half-Life, Crysis, Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, etc. We don't worship our PC and have sex with them like it's our made-up girlfriend. Plus, I have friends that our both PC and console gamers. They're both are awesome and do have drawbacks.
lol have all 3 consoles and a high end gaming pc, i just hate some of these people who ONLY own consoles and are fanboys, talking shit about pcs and have no idea what they are saying.

Again, if you are here to defend the PC, not the 360, this is not the forum for you. Go to some PC elitism forum.
ok so in your own words you mock me and say "OH HE LIKES CONSOLES BETTER THAN PC HE MUST BE FANBOY!!!" but now your like "OH HE DEFENDS THE PC HE MUST BE A PC ELITIST!!!!" FAIL

All I am saying is this isnt the place for you to defend the PC. It is called the XBOX republic (emphasis on the XBOX) for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:33 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
master chief shaymin wrote:
OMG people this argument is tearing us apart!!!! (inside joke) ok guys look whoever say consoles r the way to go needs a doctor FAST!!! A good pc is better than all 3 consoles put in 1 part.... now lets go back to 360 vs ps3 ok?

you suck

Console gaming > PC gaming.and if any PC retards want to complain,screw them lol
thats really sad..... you sir, r u a console fanboy at the least......

Lol am I?Last time I checked I was a Halo fanboy.

No,your sir are a PC fanboy."oh my godz, he said the PC sucks!!!He must be a console fanboy!!!!!I must flame him because he disgraced PC!"

and can you please not us "r" and "u".Are you like 8 years olf or something?Well,judging by your avatar.......
lol ya, im 8 years olf FAIL and thats my cousin dick. Wait who the fuck ever said u were a halo fanboy? And you cant play crysis on max..... FAIL number 2 by the way i would rather be a fanboy of better graphix, better controls, better online, lower failure rate, and better games that the 360.
And you sir, make us PC gamers look real bad. We play PC games because we enjoy games like Half-Life, Crysis, Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, etc. We don't worship our PC and have sex with them like it's our made-up girlfriend. Plus, I have friends that our both PC and console gamers. They're both are awesome and do have drawbacks.
lol have all 3 consoles and a high end gaming pc, i just hate some of these people who ONLY own consoles and are fanboys, talking shit about pcs and have no idea what they are saying.

Again, if you are here to defend the PC, not the 360, this is not the forum for you. Go to some PC elitism forum.
ok so in your own words you mock me and say "OH HE LIKES CONSOLES BETTER THAN PC HE MUST BE FANBOY!!!" but now your like "OH HE DEFENDS THE PC HE MUST BE A PC ELITIST!!!!" FAIL

All I am saying is this isnt the place for you to defend the PC. It is called the XBOX republic (emphasis on the XBOX) for a reason.

Hehehe He cant defend PC until augest now.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:54 am

HellJumper wrote:
Hehehe He cant defend PC until augest now.

THANK GOD! That kid was just retarded.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:06 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Hehehe He cant defend PC until augest now.

THANK GOD! That kid was just retarded.

lol you should've seen some of his early posts. I think they've been deleted but they were hilarious.

One of them said "have we won the console war?" as the title and then all it said was "I think we have but keep making videos".

XD
I was just thinking "okay....your point is..?"

LOL

But anyway, I think he's young so I can't blame him really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Mass Effect 1- 360 91/100 PC 89/100 *Metacritic*

Mass Effect 2 - 360 96/100 PC 94/100 *Metacritic*

Splinter Cell: Conviction - 360 85/100 PC 82/100 *Metacritic*

Gears of War - 360 94/100 PC 87/100 *Metacritic*

Left 4 Dead 1-2 - 360 89/100 PC 89/100 *Metacritic*

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 - 360 94/100 PC 92/100

Modern Warfare 2 - 360 94/100 PC 86/100

Dead Space - 360 89/100 PC 86/100

If there is one type of gamer I detest its the PC gamer. Every comment I get is from them on YT "we getz teh better versionz".

*Should have replaced PC gamer with PC fanboy* My bad Wink

The reviewers for both versions of the games aren't the same.

Gears of War 1 for PC got 36 reviewers.
Gears of War 1 for 360 got 88 reviewers.

OXM for example will give a review for a 360 game but not for PC.

I know,about OXM etc, but the one with higher reviews has more of a chance of getting low scores.

The only game where the two versions were even remotely SIMILAR in that list is MW2, because they lost the ability to use servers, and create mods. And yet the PC version is still superior with the graphics.

Epic Bump. Just goes to show how many people still care about PC gaming.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:47 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
- Mods keep a game fresh.
- 100 frames per second is way better then 30 frames per second.
- WAY better deals on games.
etc...

BBC made a video about console elitists.


Actually that video is just about PC elitism. Not console elitists.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 298
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Guys, the reason the PC versions gets lower scores are simple.
PC gamers expect their games to have features that are not available on consoles. It's not that the console version is better, but the fact that the PC version is a carbon copy of the console version.

Let's take MW2 for example. It got great scores in console mags, while PC mags gave it lower scores because it lacked features most PC gamers expect.

In short: Console versions of multiplats are not automatically better just because they get higher ratings.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 213
Join date : 2010-08-09
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:36 am

I believe that PC ports are only superior sometimes. Like for instance Modern warfare 1 was amazing on my computer. People made their own maps, up to 64 people could be in a game at a time, dedicated servers, it was awesome! I remember there was one server that I frequented were you could actually fly the planes that dropped bombs and have dogfights. There was also a COD4 zombie mod that was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:50 am

NightFang91 wrote:
Guys, the reason the PC versions gets lower scores are simple.
PC gamers expect their games to have features that are not available on consoles. It's not that the console version is better, but the fact that the PC version is a carbon copy of the console version.

Let's take MW2 for example. It got great scores in console mags, while PC mags gave it lower scores because it lacked features most PC gamers expect.

In short: Console versions of multiplats are not automatically better just because they get higher ratings.

So all those games that OP listed are no different on the PC?

Or it could be( I don't know if this is right or not since I'm not that good with math) that there were less PC reviewers for those games.

Either way it doesn't really help PC gaming that most games are just carbon copies of the console versions. Or that there's significantly less people who care about PC gaming to review their games.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 213
Join date : 2010-08-09
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:52 am

Pickles wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
Guys, the reason the PC versions gets lower scores are simple.
PC gamers expect their games to have features that are not available on consoles. It's not that the console version is better, but the fact that the PC version is a carbon copy of the console version.

Let's take MW2 for example. It got great scores in console mags, while PC mags gave it lower scores because it lacked features most PC gamers expect.

In short: Console versions of multiplats are not automatically better just because they get higher ratings.

So all those games that OP listed are no different on the PC?

Or it could be( I don't know if this is right or not since I'm not that good with math) that there were less PC reviewers for those games.

Either way it doesn't really help PC gaming that most games are just carbon copies of the console versions. Or that there's significantly less people who care about PC gaming to review their games.

They are not all carbon copies, see my post above.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Pickles wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
Guys, the reason the PC versions gets lower scores are simple.
PC gamers expect their games to have features that are not available on consoles. It's not that the console version is better, but the fact that the PC version is a carbon copy of the console version.

Let's take MW2 for example. It got great scores in console mags, while PC mags gave it lower scores because it lacked features most PC gamers expect.

In short: Console versions of multiplats are not automatically better just because they get higher ratings.

So all those games that OP listed are no different on the PC?

Or it could be( I don't know if this is right or not since I'm not that good with math) that there were less PC reviewers for those games.

Either way it doesn't really help PC gaming that most games are just carbon copies of the console versions. Or that there's significantly less people who care about PC gaming to review their games.

They are not all carbon copies, see my post above.

Well I should have said most then lol.
Back to top Go down
Carlego
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:20 am

EDIT: Auuh wrong thread
Back to top Go down
Yeezy
Seaman Recruit
avatar

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:59 pm

actually, PC versions are the best, almost every time

why the lower points?

because PC gamers have actual expectations.

while some shitty casual PS3 puzzle can easily get 10/10 reviews
you wont see these on PC
Back to top Go down
MrDeadpool

avatar

Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-08-20
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Straight ports are always prone to get a bit buggy and that pretty much affects the score.
But in most causes patches are made to fix those little problems.
Back to top Go down
HALO_REACHAROUND



Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 pm

There is more reviews for console systems and specific console systems then there are for PC games, hence more reviews adds to the chance of getting a higher score.

Regardess PC has mods which extend and improve the game play on a lot of titles.
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2010-04-28

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:00 pm

Cant we just leave the PC out of this
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Refering to metascore is a pretty dumb way of looking at things. According to gamerankings/metacritique, GTA4/OoT must be the best games ever and you should never play anything else.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Yeezy wrote:
actually, PC versions are the best, almost every time

why the lower points?

because PC gamers have actual expectations.

while some shitty casual PS3 puzzle can easily get 10/10 reviews
you wont see these on PC

because PC rarely gets anything that's not a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Xiammes wrote:
Refering to metascore is a pretty dumb way of looking at things. According to gamerankings/metacritique, GTA4/OoT must be the best games ever and you should never play anything else.

They don't tell you not to play anything else.
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Refering to metascore is a pretty dumb way of looking at things. According to gamerankings/metacritique, GTA4/OoT must be the best games ever and you should never play anything else.

They don't tell you not to play anything else.

Isn't double posting against the rules? I was just going by the generally attitude on this thread, "the console version has higher scores so that must mean the pc version is inferior."
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
avatar

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Refering to metascore is a pretty dumb way of looking at things. According to gamerankings/metacritique, GTA4/OoT must be the best games ever and you should never play anything else.

They don't tell you not to play anything else.

Isn't double posting against the rules? I was just going by the generally attitude on this thread, "the console version has higher scores so that must mean the pc version is inferior."

I'm not sure Very Happy

Depends the way you look at it.

It's either because more people care about the console versions= more reviewers.

Or its because sometimes the console version is superior to the PC version. GTA IV was shipped with bugs and some people couldn't even get theirs to work on their PC. Then the low sales of MW1 led to Infinity Ward making MW2 front and center for the console versions stripping away some of the features PC gamers are used to.

Also Resident Evil 4.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   

Back to top Go down
 
"PC always gets superior multi-plats"?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» PS3 WFC Multi-Player help!
» 'Ard Boyz 2500pt Belial Multi-wing list
» All I want is a multi melta
» Single cell to multi-cellullar organism
» Here's Just How Sweet GTA 5's Multi-Monitor Support Is

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: