This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

"PC always gets superior multi-plats"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Refering to metascore is a pretty dumb way of looking at things. According to gamerankings/metacritique, GTA4/OoT must be the best games ever and you should never play anything else.

They don't tell you not to play anything else.

Isn't double posting against the rules? I was just going by the generally attitude on this thread, "the console version has higher scores so that must mean the pc version is inferior."

I'm not sure Very Happy

Depends the way you look at it.

It's either because more people care about the console versions= more reviewers.

Or its because sometimes the console version is superior to the PC version. GTA IV was shipped with bugs and some people couldn't even get theirs to work on their PC. Then the low sales of MW1 led to Infinity Ward making MW2 front and center for the console versions stripping away some of the features PC gamers are used to.

Also Resident Evil 4.

Resident Evil 4 got patched I heard. PC gaming is for ultimate customization for the ultimate experiance.
Let it be noted that you can't get a good $300 pc while you can get a good $300 console, you just have spend a little extra more.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:22 pm

Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Refering to metascore is a pretty dumb way of looking at things. According to gamerankings/metacritique, GTA4/OoT must be the best games ever and you should never play anything else.

Isn't double posting against the rules? I was just going by the generally attitude on this thread, "the console version has higher scores so that must mean the pc version is inferior."

I'm not sure Very Happy

It's either because more people care about the console versions= more reviewers.

Or its because sometimes the console version is superior to the PC version. GTA IV was shipped with bugs and some people couldn't even get theirs to work on their PC. Then the low sales of MW1 led to Infinity Ward making MW2 front and center for the console versions stripping away some of the features PC gamers are used to.

Also Resident Evil 4.

Resident Evil 4 got patched I heard. PC gaming is for ultimate customization for the ultimate experiance.
Let it be noted that you can't get a good $300 pc while you can get a good $300 console, you just have spend a little extra more.

Resident Evil 4 got patched by the PC community.

It's kinda like getting a scratched game and then you have to fix it to get it to work. Not cool IMO.

To me, PC gaming isn't as great as many people exaggerate it.

Most of their games are just sequels and there's too many graphic whore developers for their to actually be an innovative PC game.

Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

I'm not sure Very Happy

Also Resident Evil 4.

It's kinda like getting a scratched game and then you have to fix it to get it to work. Not cool IMO.

Most of their games are just sequels and there's too many graphic whore developers for their to actually be an innovative PC game.

I think its great the PC community does it. It allows for them to get experiance if they go into the game making business. I think some companys make bad pc ports on purpose for this various reason. Pc gaming gets pretty much every game 360 gets, It has the greatest libary of games out their.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:06 am

Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

I'm not sure Very Happy

Also Resident Evil 4.

I think its great the PC community does it. It allows for them to get experiance if they go into the game making business. I think some companys make bad pc ports on purpose for this various reason. Pc gaming gets pretty much every game 360 gets, It has the greatest libary of games out their.

I think it's strange. If I buy a game I expect it to function properly.

The reason developers make bad pc ports because they can use early buyers as beta testers.

PC gaming doesn't really get that much games from the 360 anymore. Except for Lionhead Studios, there's not gonna be anymore 360 games that are also gonna be on the PC.

PC having the greatest library is just an opinion. That said, I think the Ps2 had the greatest library of games.
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:20 am

Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

I'm not sure Very Happy

Also Resident Evil 4.

The reason developers make bad pc ports because they can use early buyers as beta testers.

PC gaming doesn't really get that much games from the 360 anymore. Except for Lionhead Studios, there's not gonna be anymore 360 games that are also gonna be on the PC.

PC having the greatest library is just an opinion. That said, I think the Ps2 had the greatest library of games.

PC libary is huge, you can emulate last generation games on it(I count it) It has most of the games this gen except for a few exclusives and DLC its a undenyable factor, 20 years of gaming can be played on pc.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:59 am

Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

I'm not sure Very Happy

Also Resident Evil 4.

PC libary is huge, you can emulate last generation games on it(I count it) It has most of the games this gen except for a few exclusives and DLC its a undenyable factor, 20 years of gaming can be played on pc.

But then those emulators can't guarantee that your last gen games will work on your PC simply because those games were designed for the consoles. There's a ton of games that won't work on emulators so it leaves much to be desired.

Also the PC has to rely on emulators because it doesn't have that much exclusives of its own.

Right now, PC only has multiplats or sequels.

The 360 has had more new IP than the PC.

Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:11 am

Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

I'm not sure Very Happy

Also Resident Evil 4.

But then those emulators can't guarantee that your last gen games will work on your PC simply because those games were designed for the consoles. There's a ton of games that won't work on emulators so it leaves much to be desired.

Also the PC has to rely on emulators because it doesn't have that much exclusives of its own.

PC gaming is plagued by pirating, thats why it isn't get that many new IP's and its understandable. Their are amazing pc exclusives, your just not looking hardenough, Minecraft is a great example of this.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:03 am

PC fanboys are elitist scumbags. They talk down about other gamers while living in their parents basement and have no friends other then the other dorks they play WoW with.
Back to top Go down
XxAssass1nsCr33dxX

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Invincible wrote:
PC fanboys are elitist scumbags. They talk down about other gamers while living in their parents basement and have no friends other then the other dorks they play WoW with.

That there was just one big opinion and generalization
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Pickles wrote:

Laughing You list the new IPs on Xbox360, and then I'll list the new IPs on PC.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Jamin wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Laughing You list the new IPs on Xbox360, and then I'll list the new IPs on PC.

You go first Very Happy

And I'm talking about games this gen.

Last edited by Pickles on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:26 pm

XxAssass1nsCr33dxX wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Well it's not like there's anything good about fanboys.

From my experience, PC elitists seem to think that they're better people than console players because they can play Crysis.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:28 pm

Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

I'm not sure Very Happy

Also Resident Evil 4.

PC gaming is plagued by pirating, thats why it isn't get that many new IP's and its understandable. Their are amazing pc exclusives, your just not looking hardenough, Minecraft is a great example of this.

Minecraft is a goddamn browser game.
Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:01 am

Pickles wrote:

You go first Very Happy

Well, I have over 50 new IPs on the PC this generation, which is why I wanted you to go first.
Pickles wrote:

From my experience, PC elitists seem to think that they're better people than console players because they can play Crysis.
PC gamers only SEEM like they are elitist because console gamers dont understand the difference in experience that the PC enables a gamer to have. I mean for god's sake, look at your earlier post, "The 360 has had more new IP than the PC." That's pretty damn ignorant, well, probably not ignorance, but a lack of knowledge about PC gaming in general.
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:23 am

Jamin wrote:
Pickles wrote:

You go first Very Happy

Well, I have over 50 new IPs on the PC this generation, which is why I wanted you to go first.
Pickles wrote:

PC gamers only SEEM like they are elitist because console gamers dont understand the difference in experience that the PC enables a gamer to have. I mean for god's sake, look at your earlier post, "The 360 has had more new IP than the PC." That's pretty damn ignorant, well, probably not ignorance, but a lack of knowledge about PC gaming in general.

Pretty much this, it was ignorance.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignorance

Ignorance is not a negitive word, its just used in negitive connotations.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:11 am

Jamin wrote:
Pickles wrote:

You go first Very Happy

Pickles wrote:

elephant
They better not be indie games.

Go ahead list them.
elephant

Also I never said PC gamers were elitist. I said PC elitists are elitist. Pc gamers are happy with their platform. PC elitists feel insecure so they have to act arrogant.

Last edited by Pickles on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:39 am

Xiammes wrote:

Pretty much this, it was ignorance.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignorance

Ignorance is not a negitive word, its just used in negitive connotations.
Yeah, the word is usually used in a negative way, and people read it as such. "Lack of Knowledge" sounds better, because it reads to them that they merely need to study up on something. XD
Back to top Go down
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:07 am

XxAssass1nsCr33dxX wrote:
Invincible wrote:

I don't care. I've never met a PC fanboy IRL who didn't annoy the shit out of me with their elitist attitude towards console gamers. I've never met one who has a social life either.

Just want to clarify I'm talking about fanboys and not PC gamers.
Back to top Go down
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Pickles wrote:

elephant
They better not be indie games.

Go ahead list them.
elephant

Also I never said PC gamers were elitist. I said PC elitists are elitist. Pc gamers are happy with their platform. PC elitists feel insecure so they have to act arrogant.
1. 1701 A.D.
2. Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943
3. Aion
4. ArmA II
5. Audiosurf
6. Battlefield Heroes
7. Blackwell, The
8. Ceville
9. Champions Online
10. Company of Heroes
11. Crazy machines
12. Crysis
13. Dark Fall
14. Dawn of Discovery
15. DCS: Black Shark
16. Demigod
17. Din's Curse
18. East India Company
19. Elemental: War of Magic
20. Empire: Total War
21. Eve Online
22. Grand Ages: Rome
23. GTR Evolution
24. Heroes of Newerth
25. Hunter, The
26. Jack Keane
27. Killing Floor
28. King Arthur - The Role-playing War-game
29. King’s Bounty
30. League of Legends
31. Machinarium
32. Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim
33. Men of War
34. Mount and Blade
35. Mourning
36. Mytheon
37. Napoleon: Total War
38. Order of War
39. Path, The
40. Penumbra
41. Plain Sight
42. RACE On
43. Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War
44. Runes of Magic
45. Shattered Horizon
46. Sins of a Solar Empire
47. Society
48. Solar: Campaigns
49. Spore
50. Still Life
51. Torchlight
52. Whispered World, The
53. Wings of Prey
54. Witcher, The
55. X3
56. Zombie Driver

There are more than what's listed. And you call PC "elitist" arrogant, yet you downplay a platform that you know nothing about. XD

Last edited by Jamin on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Jamin, I'm guessing you're including multiplats too? Because games like Zeno Clash are on XBOX live. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:22 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin, I'm guessing you're including multiplats too? Because games like Zeno Clash are on XBOX live. Laughing
I meant to delete that one. I saw it had three games, and one was on XBL. Not sure what the difference between them are. XD
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
I meant to delete that one. I saw it had three games, and one was on XBL. Not sure what the difference between them are. XD

Ah okay. Razz

Well I'm not gonna get involved with this. I just don't see the point in putting so much effort into the console war XD Making lists takes time that could be spent better.

But you've sure done your research, will be entertaining to see how this debate continues.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Most PC ports are far superior to the console versions. Its a fact. But Modern Warfare 2 was an abomination, fuck that. More people play MW1 on the PC then 2
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:35 pm

Reviewers don't take mods into their reviews, which is one of the main reasons the PC ports are superior.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:08 pm

TRF wrote:
Reviewers don't take mods into their reviews, which is one of the main reasons the PC ports are superior.
Can you give some examples?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "PC always gets superior multi-plats"?   

Back to top Go down

"PC always gets superior multi-plats"?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next