This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I don't like PC Gaming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: I don't like PC Gaming   Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:41 pm

I'm not just here to defend the 360 against Pcs, I'm here to defend all CONSOLES in general

There was a PC elitist that came here that talked about how the PC RAEPS consoles.

I've always thought of PC gaming as nerdy. All PC elitists talk about benchmarks, specs, and hardware. Which I'm sure goes real well when you talk about that stuff with the ladies.

People actually spend money for a minor graphical difference on their Pcs. These Pc Elitists like to brag about how PCs are already next-gen in terms of graphics and power.

This is what they get when they upgrade.

Also PC gamings has always been missing something that I've had since the beginning with my ps1.

Split-screen multiplayer. That means playing with real-life friends on your sofa. You can play with your friends, high-five, and hug till the break of dawn.

You don't have that with PCs. PC Elitists have suffered the absence of real-life interaction and return have suffered the consequences.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:46 pm

pc is the god of gaming how dare you criticize my beloved master!!!!!!!,lol jk
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:59 pm

If shaymin was here(hes in bania right now) he would throw a fit at you
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 pm

God fucking damnit I love split-screen multiplayer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Gameplay > Graphics. I will take the ability to sit on the couch next to a buddy of mine playing Halo MP over a minor graphical upgrade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:17 pm

HellJumper wrote:
If shaymin was here(hes in bania right now) he would throw a fit at you

Thank god he is gone, that 8 year old brat didnt know anything.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:21 pm

Also a large majority of PC gaming is played on monitors while console gaming is primarily played on HDTV's. I'd much prefer playing on HDTV with 5.1 surround blasting through my living room than a computer monitor and headphones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:26 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Also a large majority of PC gaming is played on monitors while console gaming is primarily played on HDTV's. I'd much prefer playing on HDTV with 5.1 surround blasting through my living room than a computer monitor and headphones.

QFT!!!
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:29 pm

ghost23 wrote:

Also a TV has room for split-screen? Amirite gaiz?

*gets shot*
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Ah yes, "PC gaming", we have dismissed that claim.

Last edited by Alan1994 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ROFLCOPTER.)
Back to top Go down
djsonic99
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:34 pm

its cool you dont like pc gaming, i have a pretty awesome rig and its still not my favorite. but you dont have to diss people that prefer it. since you like stereotypes so much you would fail to realize that one has been given on us gamers as well. casual people can easily question a gamers productiveness as video games are primarily used to kill time/bordom. (in other words gamers are fat lazy people with no real life skills that have nothing better to do with their time.) im also aware that video games are a purely selfish hobbie
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:54 am

pc isnt that bad guys it still has the better graphics,the most games,mmorpgs and best online
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:08 am

xjosh360s wrote:
pc isnt that bad guys it still has the better graphics,the most games,mmorpgs and best online

I wouldn't say the most games. Consoles are the only place to play games like: Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Alan Wake, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, Red Dead etc.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:46 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Gameplay > Graphics. I will take the ability to sit on the couch next to a buddy of mine playing Halo MP over a minor graphical upgrade.

Agree 100% about split screen. Seen as I play alot sports games it makes all that much fun playing with a buddie.

Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:10 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Agree 100% about split screen. Seen as I play alot sports games it makes all that much fun playing with a buddie.

You know that you can play splitscreen multiplayer on a PC aswell....

However its a lot easier to do on a console.. But most new games lack the splitscreen due to graphics have been optimized for singleplayer view..
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:42 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

However its a lot easier to do on a console.. But most new games lack the splitscreen due to graphics have been optimized for singleplayer view..

It's just not the same experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:12 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Yeah but its just not the same as sitting on a couch with 3 of your buddies playing on a 52 inch HDTV
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:51 pm

djsonic99 wrote:
its cool you dont like pc gaming, i have a pretty awesome rig and its still not my favorite. but you dont have to diss people that prefer it. since you like stereotypes so much you would fail to realize that one has been given on us gamers as well. casual people can easily question a gamers productiveness as video games are primarily used to kill time/bordom. (in other words gamers are fat lazy people with no real life skills that have nothing better to do with their time.) im also aware that video games are a purely selfish hobbie

It wasn't aimed at PC gamers, just the elitists who spend 75% of their time exaggerating everything about PC gaming.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:54 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Yeah but its just not the same as sitting on a couch with 3 of your buddies playing on a 52 inch HDTV

This. You can't all huddle around a PC without getting uncomfortable.

Also I think people are ditching split-screen multiplayer because they get more money out of it. Every system before this gen had split-screen. They get more money if people buy 4 copies of the game instead of just 3 extra controllers.
Back to top Go down
nalin41
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:13 pm

im a huge PC gamer and the reason why i like it is because of the extra content like mods and free content asswell, of course the graphics and audio too. But i tend to be more relaxed when console gaming cause u can sit back on the couch with a cold beer chilling with ur friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:22 pm

Pickles wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

This. You can't all huddle around a PC without getting uncomfortable.

Also I think people are ditching split-screen multiplayer because they get more money out of it. Every system before this gen had split-screen. They get more money if people buy 4 copies of the game instead of just 3 extra controllers.

True. That sucks that money is becoming the biggest motive behind gaming, I know it was always a factor but making a great game used to be the biggest motive for devs...
Back to top Go down
GZDoomguy

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:48 pm

PC gaming is technically superior in every aspect but I would agree that consoles are where the social experience is
Back to top Go down
MastarCheifz
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Enjoy your casual shitfests in consoles, going to go play Starcraft 2.
Back to top Go down
P. Star

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:53 pm

PCs are a PieCe of shit
Back to top Go down
DominicxD
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:53 pm

PC is shit because it dont have halo now piss off fanboy s!1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't like PC Gaming