This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:08 pm

PSN:

Qore - $25
PS+(includes Qore) - $50
MLB.TV - $120
Pulse - Free
Agency - $13/mo
DC universe - $13/mo
FF XIV - $13/mo
Home - Free

Final: $25-$628/year

XBL:
Gold - $50
Inside XB - Free
Automatic updates(for PS3 you need PS+) - Free
ESPN - Free
Change Gamertag - $10
Crossgame Chat - Free
Party Chat - Free

Final: $50-$60/year(depending on how many times you want to change your GT, lol)

Have any other features I should label? Please tell me.

Last edited by Freemon34-YT on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:33 pm

So if you dont have PS + you wont get any new updates???
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:35 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
So if you dont have PS + you wont get any new updates???
you won't be able to have your update download on standby like the 360 and wii.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:54 pm

Sorry I don't quite get what you're trying to say :/
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:56 pm

demondragondude wrote:

Despite the fact that PSN has Free online play, it has a LOT of hidden costs.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:57 pm

Oh right! I see what you mean xD I was confused
at first somehow..

Nice topic! Well I can't think of what to add yet except if there
are future mmos for 360 they need to be taken into account.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Despite the fact that PSN has Free online play, it has a LOT of hidden costs.
Yeah I get that now. Sorry i'm a little slow today.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:02 pm

demondragondude wrote:
at first somehow..

I can't think of any MMO's coming to the 360, aside from Huxley and that was cancelled for the 360.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:39 pm

demondragondude wrote:
at first somehow..

Yeah I didnt get it at first either XD but now I do. Nice topic, thats very true. I never noticed before.
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:00 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
at first somehow..

Yeah I didnt get it at first either XD but now I do. Nice topic, thats very true. I never noticed before.
lol same haha.but then i realized it.still nice topic but i think ps + might get better after some months
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:19 am

I guess you could add stuff like avatar costumes but i dunno, this is about monthly fees right? (in that case u may as well take away gamertag changing because that's like buying something, to me at least. Though on the other hand if it's free on ps3 it should be mentioned that it's not on 360. I dunno :S
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:22 am

Freemon34-YT wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
at first somehow..

I can't think of any MMO's coming to the 360, aside from Huxley and that was cancelled for the 360.

Actually there was gonna be conan hyborian adventures: cancelled.
Apb: cancelled
Huxley: disappeared off the face of the earth
The secret world: still coming!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:29 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
at first somehow..

lol same haha.but then i realized it.still nice topic but i think ps + might get better after some months

It will probably start getting more features like Live has, but it will take some time.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:42 pm

demondragondude wrote:
I guess you could add stuff like avatar costumes but i dunno, this is about monthly fees right? (in that case u may as well take away gamertag changing because that's like buying something, to me at least. Though on the other hand if it's free on ps3 it should be mentioned that it's not on 360. I dunno :S

Once you get a PSNid your stuck with it. But yeah I see your point, I'll get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
toxin666

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:51 pm

I really don't understand why you're putting MMOs on that list. They're games, not features of the PSN. It seems like you purposely found ways to make the PSN seem more expensive.

And you don't seem to understand the automatic update feature available to PSN+ subscribers. It's not that as soon as you sign in the update starts to download and install, like with the 360. What happens is, the console automatically turns on and starts to download the update, so you don't have to.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:05 pm

toxin666 wrote:
I really don't understand why you're putting MMOs on that list. They're games, not features of the PSN. It seems like you purposely found ways to make the PSN seem more expensive.

And you don't seem to understand the automatic update feature available to PSN+ subscribers. It's not that as soon as you sign in the update starts to download and install, like with the 360. What happens is, the console automatically turns on and starts to download the update, so you don't have to.

MMO's are additional subscription costs to the service where if a gamer wants to use them, they're gonna have to pay. And with the updates, I know that the PS3 will turn on and automatically do it, but you need to pay that $50 a year or you'll have to wait up to an hour for the firmware to finish downloading and installing, while if you have a 360, it'll do it when you turn it on and the firmware is quicker to download too, and if you own a Wii, the firmware will download in standby mode and you won't have to turn on the console at all.
Back to top Go down
toxin666

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
MMO's are additional subscription costs to the service where if a gamer wants to use them, they're gonna have to pay. And with the updates, I know that the PS3 will turn on and automatically do it, but you need to pay that $50 a year or you'll have to wait up to an hour for the firmware to finish downloading and installing, while if you have a 360, it'll do it when you turn it on and the firmware is quicker to download too, and if you own a Wii, the firmware will download in standby mode and you won't have to turn on the console at all.
But they have nothing to do with PSN. Yes, you do have to pay to be able to play them, but it's not an added cost for the PSN. That's like saying paying for a WoW subscription is part of paying for your internet.

Also, "up to an hour" my ass. It's never taken more than fifteen minutes for me.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:35 pm

toxin666 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
But they have nothing to do with PSN. Yes, you do have to pay to be able to play them, but it's not an added cost for the PSN. That's like saying paying for a WoW subscription is part of paying for your internet.

Also, "up to an hour" my ass. It's never taken more than fifteen minutes for me.

I included with the cost of PS+ which is a premimum service with PSN. And also 1 hour is a good time for me because mine usually take 1 - 1.5 hours. the shortest ever for me was 20 minutes and that was for 3.01, which wasn't a major update at all.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:16 pm

toxin666 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

Read the whole thing. He says the price can range up to whatever depending if you play mmos. He showed the minimum cost as well, did you not realise that?
He also included name changing for XBL which you don't need, it's additional IF you want to, just like mmos.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:21 pm

I play xbox 360, ps3 and WoW. Most expensive in order is WoW, Xbow then PS3. Although I just purchesed plus. Good service. It has potential. I really like the free games once a week.
Back to top Go down
realgurlgamer

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:51 am

toxin666 wrote:

troll alert!!!!
Back to top Go down
GZDoomguy

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Most of that's subjective, you should olny include costs that are mandatory
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:32 pm

GZDoomguy wrote:
Then both are free because you don't need online.
Back to top Go down
Derpface
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
GZDoomguy wrote:
dont need but xbawks costs money to play online

argument invalid
Back to top Go down
MastarCheifz
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
GZDoomguy wrote:

You just proved why your thread is pointless
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   

Back to top Go down

XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next