This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GZDoomguy

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Okay, let me rephrase that
You should olny include costs that are mandatory for all the features it's supposed to have
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:49 pm

GZDoomguy wrote:
You should olny include costs that are mandatory for all the features it's supposed to have
then everything should be included.
Back to top Go down
MastarCheifz
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
GZDoomguy wrote:

You are a dense little 14 year old aren't you? You don't need to pay the monthly fees for games you don't play. Just like you don't have to change your fucking gamertag each month.
Back to top Go down
Goobsen

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:51 pm

hey you forgot somthing
playing games online
PSN- free
Back to top Go down
naka

Freemon34-YT wrote:
GZDoomguy wrote:

Age 14

You're frontal lobes are not yet fully developed little boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:09 pm

naka wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
GZDoomguy wrote:

Age 14

Says the troll.
Back to top Go down
FuIlMetalKendo

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:12 pm

my mom pays for mine so its free for me ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/FURNIGGER

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 am

FuIlMetalKendo wrote:

Holy crap, is this all the same guy pretending to be Kendo? If so thats just sad...
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 am

Not sure if you get ESPN in UK on 360, we get Sky but you have to pay for it if you dont already have a subscription to sky.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:19 pm

spartan225 wrote:
Not sure if you get ESPN in UK on 360, we get Sky but you have to pay for it if you dont already have a subscription to sky.
I wouldn't include Sky because its like netflix where its really just a merge of 2 different services.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:52 am

I know I'm late to the punch, but I saw this awhile ago before I was unbanned and I so desperately wanted to respond. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? This is possibly the worst comparison I've seen. Scratch MMOs off the list because they're games. The money goes to the developer, mostly. It's not a service offered by Sony. Also, MLB.tv is a merge of two different services, which, according to you, doesn't count. You fail to mention that PSN users can play online for free while Silver members can't (since you consider both to be bare minimum). You can utilize a majority of PSN's features without paying. Xbox LIVE Silver members, however, are left with little to nothing. They basically get limited cross-game chat (XCG with one other person) and that's really it.

PSN:
-Minimum (free)
-PS Plus ($50/yr.)

Price range: $0-$50

Xbox LIVE:
-Gold membership ($50/yr.)

Price range: $50

It's worth noting that all of the costs related to PSN are optional and Gold is pretty much mandatory if you want to use the service, since Xbox LIVE Silver is really no Xbox LIVE at all.

I apologize if I'm late to this.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:30 am

Price is one thing XBL will never have over PSN. Fact. End of Topic.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:37 am

naka wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
GZDoomguy wrote:

Age 14

You mean frontal lobe, right?

OH WAI-
Back to top Go down
Angelus the Wraith
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:46 am

Freemon34-YT wrote:
spartan225 wrote:
I wouldn't include Sky because its like netflix where its really just a merge of 2 different services.

How's that different from MMOs?
Back to top Go down
LittleBigGeek
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:02 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
FuIlMetalKendo wrote:

Holy crap, is this all the same guy pretending to be Kendo? If so thats just sad...

It sounds like something kendo would say tho lol
Back to top Go down
master_kush69

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Freemon wrote:
PSN:

Qore - $25
PS+(includes Qore) - $50
MLB.TV - $120
Pulse - Free
Agency - $13/mo
DC universe - $13/mo
FF XIV - $13/mo
Home - Free

Final: $25-$628/year

XBL:
Gold - $50
Inside XB - Free
Automatic updates(for PS3 you need PS+) - Free
ESPN - Free
Change Gamertag - $10
Crossgame Chat - Free
Party Chat - Free

Final: $50-$60/year(depending on how many times you want to change your GT, lol)

Have any other features I should label? Please tell me.
I don't agree with the comparison between the two.
You can't compare stuff like MLB.tv to anything on the XBL list - I feel like you just searched for random things to add to the price tag for the PS3.
You have to atleast be fair in your comparisons, and this list is far from fair.
The final price for PS3 would be 0 - 628$ a year, considering you don't have to pay for online.
Extra features does add the the price at half or the same of the xbox gold price.
Also, you can't add the price of MMO's to the list. That just isn't fair, considering no one is forcing them to play those games, and they aren't features. They're games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?   

Back to top Go down

XBL can be cheaper than PSN without buying DLC and Dowloadable games?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2