This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Should I get an Xbox ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Prestige

PostSubject: Should I get an Xbox ???   Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Hello reader,

I don't own a console of this generation. I'm thinking of buying an Xbox 360, because my pc doesn't run MW2 that well (its really laggy sometimes!). I will be paying half of the price, my parents the rest (if I keep my grades up next year, else I have to pay the other half myself).

Can you give me some reasons to buy one? I'm not sure if I should get the Xbox or PS3. Some of my friends have a xbox, some a ps3. I would appreciate it if you can tell me what the one console does better than the other, and what games are on the platforms

Thansk in advantage!

PS. Excuse my English I'm Dutch, but I'm trying my best!
Back to top Go down
RedlightDistrict

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:37 pm

You should buy it for the future. The Xbox 3 will come out in a year, the PS3 will hold out at least 3 years. And you will get Bluray and 3D, which is the future. At this moment, I would buy a PS3. But halo is a pretty cool guy, and he isnt afraid of killing aliens.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Seeing as your pc can't run MW2 that well then I'm guessing you can't run other modern games on it?

Well you could always upgrade your pc if you have the time or money. If not, I'd recommend 360 as it has a lot of pc ports and it's ideal if you don't want to upgrade your pc. And it has most games overall between ps3 and 360 (pc has more though lol).

Plus you get the best of "both worlds". You get ps3/360 games (eg: Red Dead Redemption), you get 360 exclusives (eg: Gears 2), you get pc/360 games (eg: Mass Effect 2) and general all system multiplats (Modern Warfare 2).

If you don't have a blu-ray player though and you're not willing to pay for online, you may as well go for ps3 as it's also a great system.

Good luck with your decision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:40 pm

RedlightDistrict wrote:
You should buy it for the future. The Xbox 3 will come out in a year, the PS3 will hold out at least 3 years. And you will get Bluray and 3D, which is the future. At this moment, I would buy a PS3. But halo is a pretty cool guy, and he isnt afraid of killing aliens.

lmao..... yes because Halo is the name of the protagonist......
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
The_Prestige2

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Why is my first account banned?
Thank you for your help demondragondude!
I'm still not sure if I will get myself an Xbox instead of a PS3. Are the alike if you look at the graphics and things like that? (online and such?)
And what about the games. I know a lot of games are on all the platforms (except for Wii lol!)
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:13 pm

So many trolls!! LMAO
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 pm

RedlightDistrict wrote:

My facial expressions when I read this:

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
RedlightDistrict wrote:

Uncle Ben? LOL
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:50 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
RedlightDistrict wrote:

Uncle Ben? LOL

Don't you love that expression, that picture is literally worth 5000 words, maybe even more, because instead of writing a whole paragraph to answer something, you can sometimes just put that picture on and they understand what you want to say
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:55 pm

demondragondude wrote:
RedlightDistrict wrote:

I was dumbfounded when I saw that.....
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:20 am

i got both and i say get 360 easily. better controller,online and multiplats are better on it.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:28 am

Its all a matter of opinion.

Online: PS3's is free, 360's is better but there is a fee.

Controller: Do you perfer the classic feel of the PS3's Controller or the comfort fit of the 360's controller.

Multimedia: PS3 has BluRay movies, an internet browser, 3D support, etc. The 360 has the Zune Marketplace, Windows Messenger, etc.

Games: PS3 has uncharted, God of war, infamous, heavy rain, etc. 360 has halo, gears, fable etc.

You can't go wrong with either console(I'd honestly recommentd buying both lol), but determine what your looking for in your console and what each one provides.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:28 pm

lololol why would u get an xbox waste of money dood

jk get one its fun (get one because the last sentence rhymes)

but seriously its got alot of good games and a good lineup with a good online service

*EDIT*

well it looks like u might be getting a ps3 just listen to me

look at what ur friends have, if more have 360 then get a 360 if more have a ps3 then get a ps3
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:41 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
RedlightDistrict wrote:

I was dumbfounded when I saw that.....

He was joking, it's kind of a meme, surprised you guys never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:10 am

RedlightDistrict wrote:

Yes, cause Microsoft redesign the XBOX 360 only to have a new console come out about 12 months later. Great logic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:21 am

ghost23 wrote:
RedlightDistrict wrote:

Yes, cause Microsoft redesign the XBOX 360 only to have a new console come out about 12 months later. Great logic.

Articles say that the 360 will have a long lifespan (at the time of the article, it said it probably wasn't at it's midpoint yet).
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:49 pm

RedlightDistrict wrote:
You should buy it for the future. The Xbox 3 will come out in a year, the PS3 will hold out at least 3 years. And you will get Bluray and 3D, which is the future.
Owning you is gonna be the easiest thing since coming up with my internet name. Take a look at the article below.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/106/1060765p1.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:12 am

Get both a 360 and PS3, can't afford both, then get a 360.

If money is a concern the 360 has a better backlog of titles than the PS3 whilst at the same time the 360 has a better number of A, AA and AAA titles available (many of them cheap too).

3rd party developers tend to release the better version of their games on the 360 and it has been the case since 2006 (when the PS3 released) and is still ongoing.

Where else can you get all of these titles; Halo Reach, Fable 3, Gears of War 3, Codename Kingdoms, COD Black OP's on any other platform but on the 360?

Sure Live gold costs $50 (more like $30 if you look online) a year but there's no other console which gives you cross game chat, party system, in game music (for all 360 games) and a robust online infrastructure anywhere near like XBOX Live, not on the PS3 or Wii.

If you like Blu-ray and have not purchased a $99 player already then look for alternative like .mkv movies that will play via your PC already which can be streamed from the PC to your 360 (in 1080p). The 360 has Zune Marketplace, Netflix, integrated; Last .Fm, Facebook and Twitter.

For anything you need on the PS3 outside of gaming the 360 has a fix, however i did advise the PS3 and 360 however if you're a core gamer the 360 has almost all you could need. Buy a PS3 down the road if you like when they're cheaper.

P.S: The 360 can do 3D also Smile Crysis 2 as a matter of fact was running in 3D at E3 (EA presentation) this year using the XBOX 360 console (stereoscopic 3D baby)!
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:27 pm

CoD: Black Ops is also on the PS3, PC, and Wii. Unless of course your talking about the map packs.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:42 pm

What I meant when I said:

Quote :
Where else can you get all of these titles; Halo Reach, Fable 3, Gears of War 3, Codename Kingdoms, COD Black OP's on any other platform but on the 360?

Was where can you get an experience with all those games on the one platform?
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:26 pm

If you have a PC capable of playing new games well, get PS3.
If not, get a 360.
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:05 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
RedlightDistrict wrote:
You should buy it for the future. The Xbox 3 will come out in a year, the PS3 will hold out at least 3 years. And you will get Bluray and 3D, which is the future.
Owning you is gonna be the easiest thing since coming up with my internet name. Take a look at the article below.

It does issue statements like "many, many, years from now" and "Microsoft won't be rushing to implement 3D technologies on a mainstream level anytime soon" that may seem to indicate the 360's longevity but it also contains quotes like "From the technical standpoint, we are fully 3D capable" and "If developers want to make more 3D games, they can." which seem to indicate that they aren't planning on implementing it on the 360. Sounds like if they get enough support for 3D they would develop it for the next system to me.

My opinion on your opinion on their opinion=FACT! Wink
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Jossa81 wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
RedlightDistrict wrote:

It does issue statements like "many, many, years from now" and "Microsoft won't be rushing to implement 3D technologies on a mainstream level anytime soon" that may seem to indicate the 360's longevity but it also contains quotes like "From the technical standpoint, we are fully 3D capable" and "If developers want to make more 3D games, they can." which seem to indicate that they aren't planning on implementing it on the 360. Sounds like if they get enough support for 3D they would develop it for the next system to me.

My opinion on your opinion on their opinion=FACT! Wink
What it means is the 360 is fully capable of doing 3D. Its just they wanna wait and see if 3D takes off. Hell the Avatar game proves the 360 is capable of 3D (along with other games like Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, and the upcoming Crysis 2).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I get an Xbox ???   

Back to top Go down

Should I get an Xbox ???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1