This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeezy
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:33 am

W
T
F

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ms-killed-pc-xbox-cross-platform-play

Something isnt right...

"I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their 'console' controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse."

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE
Pro console gamers got tactics, they know how to play the game, and how to own anyone
while mediocre PC gamers are ... just holding W and M1 and DURR IM SHOTING THINGS DERR

I mean...
Something isnt right with this article

Maybe they should hold a public tournament... best console gamers vs any pc gamer
Im sure there would be some suprises

Discuss
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 am

I loved to see how a PC gamer would do when it comes to sports games.......oh wait.
Back to top Go down
Yeezy
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:22 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
I loved to see how a PC gamer would do when it comes to sports games.......oh wait.

yeah
they can only play FPS and RTS games...
everything else is XBOX territory

and since RTS games suck, they only got ONE genre

sucks for them
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:27 am

Yeezy wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

yeah

sucks for them

RTS and FPS genre is better on PC, every other genre is better on consoles. Regardless of slighty better graphics.
Back to top Go down
Yeezy
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:46 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Yeezy wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

yeah

sucks for them

RTS and FPS genre is better on PC, every other genre is better on consoles. Regardless of slighty better graphics.

FPS is better on PC?
so, tell me
What exclusives do they have?

I'm waiting.
Back to top Go down
Yeezy
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:01 am

still nothing?
see?

PC gaming is dead
Back to top Go down
tree_sitty_fan_97

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:20 am

Yeezy wrote:
still nothing?
see?

PC gaming is dead

maybe nobody is responding because we're on fucking xbox republic

and how do you figure? because there's no FPS exclusives? (wait i forgot crysis, apb and pretty much any Valve game is an exclusive because they're terrible on consoles)

you know there's other genres, right?

flower

Last edited by tree_sitty_fan_97 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tree_sitty_fan_97

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:28 am

by the way, they played gears of war and UT3.

UT3 is a twitch shooter, meaning it requires good reaction time.

you can't have comparably good reaction time on consoles, because analog sticks are nowhere near as precise or swift as a mouse is.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:56 am

Yeezy wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Yeezy wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

yeah

sucks for them

FPS is better on PC?
so, tell me
What exclusives do they have?

I'm waiting.

I can see you have never played Counter Strike. And RTS's are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Llort

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Yeezy wrote:
still nothing?
see?

PC gaming is dead
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

P.c. Gaming is sure dead. ANOTHER VICTORY FOR THE XBROS
Back to top Go down
Yeezy
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Llort wrote:
Yeezy wrote:
still nothing?
see?

PC gaming is dead
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

P.c. Gaming is sure dead. ANOTHER VICTORY FOR THE XBROS

MW2?
Console version is superior with better, larger community and more maps

Counter-Strike?
Old game with shitty graphics, dated gameplay and small community

TF2?
REALLY?
That looks like a cartoon game for kids

meh
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Where the hell do you guys come from all of the sudden?No one recently has joined and bam,4 of you new users just pop out of no where.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:33 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Where the hell do you guys come from all of the sudden?No one recently has joined and bam,4 of you new users just pop out of no where.....

Trolls probably had accounts here for a while. Thats why we should ban inactive unused accounts.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:22 pm

I think the article is being biased. I remember watching a couple of documentary videos of Shadowrun and according to the watchers of the testers, the console players were dominating the PC players and they had to fix things up. The testers were teams from the best of Halo 2 and Counter-Strike. Also it really depends on the game. I feel a lot more comfortable playing the Halo games on consoles than I do on PC.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:12 am

PC gamers have a precise mouse and "hax" Razz

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Yeezy
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:20 am

GeneralMLD wrote:

yeah, thats another flaw of PC gaming
you can modify any game

the servers are filled with russian cheaters
I cant see how can they enjoy multiplayer
Back to top Go down
matrixrory
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:46 am

Yeezy wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

you can modify any game

have you seen what they can do on l4d?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/matrixrory
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:25 am

Yeezy wrote:
still nothing?
see?

PC gaming is dead

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:06 am

GeneralMLD wrote:

We have Dr. Hax to deal with them

Back to top Go down
Yeezy
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:49 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Yeezy wrote:
still nothing?
see?

PC gaming is dead

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

Stalker is a buggy piece of shit
if you cant play a game after 100 patch releases... you know it sucks
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:50 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

We have Dr. Hax to deal with them

ROFL!
Garry's Mod is still out there. Its great for makin movies such as The Gmod Idiot.

On topic, PC gaming is not dead. Games like TF2, Counter Strike, and L4D are still being played. Mods are good...such as the prop mod or the randomizer mod in TF2. There are new maps in these games.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:55 am

Yeezy wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Yeezy wrote:
still nothing?
see?

PC gaming is dead

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

Stalker is a buggy piece of shit
if you cant play a game after 100 patch releases... you know it sucks

Sounds like you need a better PC mate, haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:54 am

Yeezy wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

you can modify any game

the servers are filled with russian cheaters
I cant see how can they enjoy multiplayer

Are you kidding? Mods in games like L4D and Counter Strike are the reason people are still playing them. Especially in Counter Strike, that game is made around mods, well actually the game is a Half Life mod Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Mouse and keyboard feels natural for PC made FPS games. But for console shooters such as Halo and Gears of War it just feels more natural playing it with a controller. IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Mouse and keyboard feels natural for PC made FPS games. But for console shooters such as Halo and Gears of War it just feels more natural playing it with a controller. IMO.

Exactly. Games like TF2 that were ported to consoles feel wierd with controllers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "   

Back to top Go down

MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next