This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Carlego
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:40 am

ColorfulNose wrote:
Carlego wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Melonbro wrote:
Also, just because the dev didn't model the tile as sharply doesn't mean it can't be done.

So is it just a coincidence that pretty much all PS3 games dont have good up close detail? And the devs are just lazy?

Jesus Christ can you be more like ColorfulNose and give it up? Both consoles have great graphics, and they're pretty equal.
It's impossible to be like me! I'm too awesome! Twisted Evil

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:40 am

Carlego wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
Carlego wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Melonbro wrote:
Also, just because the dev didn't model the tile as sharply doesn't mean it can't be done.

So is it just a coincidence that pretty much all PS3 games dont have good up close detail? And the devs are just lazy?

Jesus Christ can you be more like ColorfulNose and give it up? Both consoles have great graphics, and they're pretty equal.

Spoiler:

I hate you... Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:41 am

ColorfulNose wrote:
Carlego wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Melonbro wrote:

Yeah right!!! Im more awesomer!
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:42 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
Carlego wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Melonbro wrote:

I hate you too! Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:45 am

ColorfulNose wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
Carlego wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Melonbro wrote:

I hate you too! Mad

BAH!!!! your in denial Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Carlego
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:48 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
Carlego wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Melonbro wrote:

I hate you too! Mad

BAH!!!! your in denial Twisted Evil

But I am the superior.
You can't be better than me.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:06 am

Carlego wrote:
But I am the superior.
You can't be better than me.
Spoiler:

That's lovely
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:15 am

What about The PC?

Crysis came out in 2007 and it doesnt even look like something from this gen. It looks next gen. I guess thats understandable though. You can upgrade PC's but its hella expensive.

Crysis came out in 2007 and it doesnt even look like something from this gen. It looks next gen. I guess thats understandable though. You can upgrade PC's but its hella expensive.
Back to top Go down
Carlego
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:28 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
What about The PC?

Yeah, Crysis was amazing. I paid 1000 total and I can play on max settings with decent FPS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:28 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
What about The PC?

Xbox Republic, not PC Republic. If you do want to make a thread about PC games, I suggest you go to the PC section or a PC forum.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:31 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
What about The PC?

Xbox Republic, not PC Republic. If you do want to make a thread about PC games, I suggest you go to the PC section or a PC forum.

Sorry...
Back to top Go down
Carlego
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:32 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
What about The PC?

look at the name of the thread.

"Time to shut up everyone who thinks ps3 has amazing graphics."

His post does that.
Just because it's not in the system wars doesn't mean it doesn't count.

EDIT: Sorry if I seem pissed off at you, but I thought your
response seemed kind of rude.sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:53 am

Carlego wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
What about The PC?

look at the name of the thread.

"Time to shut up everyone who thinks ps3 has amazing graphics."

His post does that.
Just because it's not in the system wars doesn't mean it doesn't count.

EDIT: Sorry if I seem pissed off at you, but I thought your
response seemed kind of rude.sorry.

Sorry if I came as rude, it just recently we have had a lot of people coming here and saying a lot of PC bullshit and crap like that. And I was in a different thread to be honest Razz haha so partly my fail
Back to top Go down
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:48 am

A couple of comments here.

One, there's a video up on Lensoftruth that compares Gears to to Killzone 2 that gives KZ2 the win and explains why in great detail. Its been there for over a year. And we all know that Lensoftruth is an unbiased site so let's not even try to go there.

2. I have platted both Uncharted 1 and 2 and the screens that were taken with a camera where he's staring at rocks look like they were taken from Uncharted 1 based on the hair differences and the textures in view. PLus it would appear that when he took those pics the game had some Unreal Engine 3 like failure to load the textures, so you're not seeing the real detail of that area. I could easily put it Mass Effect, wait for a level to load, then snap a pic in the first 4 or 5 seconds that the scene loads and get the exact same effect. This also lends credence to the likelihood of those pics being taken from Uncharted 1, as occasional texture glitches was somewhat common in the first title. Not so much with the second.

3. Some of the screenshots like like they were taken from a multiplayer add-on map that came out a while back. The multiplayer levels do not have the the clarity and detail of the campaign levels for reasons that should be obvious to anyone.

4. One of the pictures of Killzone 2 looks like it was altered with a pixelator. I've logged a lot of hours on the campaign mode of that game, and have never seen that kind of pixelization on a wall texture XD

I was never overly impressed with the graphics of MGS4 because its another "shades of brown and grey" title and I didn't even play it until a year and a half after it came out. At the time it was released, it was quite impressive visually. Now, not as much, but some of the effects are still rather eye catching.

As for Prefect Dark Zero this was actually one of my problems with the game. It seemed like they put more emphasis on background texture than they did the actual character models, animation, etc. But for a launch title it does have nice looking environments.

As I told MLD, the long and short of it is that sometimes a PS3 multiplat wins, sometimes a 360 multiplat wins. But unless you walk through a game with your face to the wall, its something you will never notice when in motion, and that goes for ANY game on 360 or PS3.

As for Gears 3, well... its easy to have great textures when you're working from such a limited color palette. Naughty Dog's been awful quiet lately haven't they. I'm expecting an announcement next E3 for a fall 2011 release of Uncharted 3. Considering the graphics bump that 2 had over 1, 3 is gonna be something to see, up close or at a distance Smile

Now, did anyone else notice that just before Insomniac announced they'd be making multiplats for 360, the president of the company stated in an interview that they'd no longer be putting an emphasis on making their games 60 FPS like with the Ratchet and Clank series on PS3? XD
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:27 am

7th wrote:

One, there's a video up on Lensoftruth that compares Gears to to Killzone 2 that gives KZ2 the win and explains why in great detail. Its been there for over a year. And we all know that Lensoftruth is an unbiased site so let's not even try to go there.

2. I have platted both Uncharted 1 and 2 and the screens that were taken with a camera where he's staring at rocks look like they were taken from Uncharted 1 based on the hair differences and the textures in view. PLus it would appear that when he took those pics the game had some Unreal Engine 3 like failure to load the textures, so you're not seeing the real detail of that area. I could easily put it Mass Effect, wait for a level to load, then snap a pic in the first 4 or 5 seconds that the scene loads and get the exact same effect. This also lends credence to the likelihood of those pics being taken from Uncharted 1, as occasional texture glitches was somewhat common in the first title. Not so much with the second.

3. Some of the screenshots like like they were taken from a multiplayer add-on map that came out a while back. The multiplayer levels do not have the the clarity and detail of the campaign levels for reasons that should be obvious to anyone.

4. One of the pictures of Killzone 2 looks like it was altered with a pixelator. I've logged a lot of hours on the campaign mode of that game, and have never seen that kind of pixelization on a wall texture XD

I was never overly impressed with the graphics of MGS4 because its another "shades of brown and grey" title and I didn't even play it until a year and a half after it came out. At the time it was released, it was quite impressive visually. Now, not as much, but some of the effects are still rather eye catching.

As for Prefect Dark Zero this was actually one of my problems with the game. It seemed like they put more emphasis on background texture than they did the actual character models, animation, etc. But for a launch title it does have nice looking environments.

As I told MLD, the long and short of it is that sometimes a PS3 multiplat wins, sometimes a 360 multiplat wins. But unless you walk through a game with your face to the wall, its something you will never notice when in motion, and that goes for ANY game on 360 or PS3.

As for Gears 3, well... its easy to have great textures when you're working from such a limited color palette. Naughty Dog's been awful quiet lately haven't they. I'm expecting an announcement next E3 for a fall 2011 release of Uncharted 3. Considering the graphics bump that 2 had over 1, 3 is gonna be something to see, up close or at a distance Smile

Now, did anyone else notice that just before Insomniac announced they'd be making multiplats for 360, the president of the company stated in an interview that they'd no longer be putting an emphasis on making their games 60 FPS like with the Ratchet and Clank series on PS3? XD

enjoyed your latest video 7th Smile
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:55 am

7th wrote:

Fair enough, but I'm not letting some website tell me that I'm wrong.

I got these screens from a post on another forum. The guy said himself he got the screens from Uncharted 2.
And when I played Uncharted 2 I noticed myself the textures weren't that good for the most part. A few things look nice but aim a lot and you'll see most things look worse than most placeholders.
You surely own UC2, aim at it's brick walls, aim at objects in the environment. Do the same in Gears Of War and you'll see Gears has the better textures and bumper effects.

Errm, I can't say for sure whether they are or not but Gears Of War has the same visuals, multiplayer or not.

lol yeah it does look awful, perhaps it's a just a bad picture or an exception.
But look at the other pics I showed of KZ2, lots of flat ground, lack of bumper maps, jaggies and very bland textures.
Like this:

Very flat wall and imagine zooming into that. It would look pretty bad.

Yeah well I just had to mention it though because ps3 fanboys did seem to boast about how amazing the graphics are, I'm justshowing it's mainly the character models that look good. 360 could run the game any day.

Of course, the character models and animation weren't the best (I like the weapon animation though) but still, it's a showcase of what Xbox 360 is capable of and I've yet to see textures as good as those on ps3 and as consistant too!

LOL very true. I wasn't directing this post at the gamers though, just the fanboys who claim Xbox 360 is weaker or can't handle visuals like ps3.

lol well hopefully Gears Of War 3 will rectify that. From what I've seen it has much more colour. UC3 could be impressive, yes. I doubt either system is maxed out. Hopefully there wont just be screens from a distance like there mainly seems to be for most ps3 games. :/
I'm looking forward to doing a Crysis 2 vs UC3 vs Gears Of War 3 vs Halo Reach vs Deus Ex vs Killzone 3 comparison Razz

lol you think that would have anything to do with it?
No offense to R&C but somehow I don't believe that's a really hardware pushing game....

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Melonbro
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:46 pm

demondragondude wrote:

Wait, you're fucking me right?

Gears of War is pretty much the standard for "brown and bloom" shooters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Melonbro wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

I think he is straight so no Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Melonbro
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:36 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Melonbro wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

If he was fucking me he wouldn't be gay.

It makes no difference if i was a girl or a guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Melonbro wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Melonbro wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

your a girl? lol sorry didnt know
Back to top Go down
Melonbro
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:45 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Melonbro wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Melonbro wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

your a girl? lol sorry didnt know

It's fine,
Back to top Go down
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:39 pm

optimusprime wrote:
7th wrote:

enjoyed your latest video 7th Smile

Glad I could provide you with entertainment value LOL
Back to top Go down
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:46 pm

demondragondude wrote:
7th wrote:

lol you think that would have anything to do with it?
No offense to R&C but somehow I don't believe that's a really hardware pushing game....

Well, I will say you don't see THAT many platformers on 360 that run at 60fps, and those that do don't compare to R&CF 1 or 2 graphicswise. Probably the closest to R&C's style is Banjo Kazooie, and well... it runs at 30 FPS XD

R&C obviously doesn't appear to be as visually impressive as, say, Gears or Uncharted. But its the closest any console game has come to the "looks like a Pixar movie" claim that Sony made with the PS2 ten years ago XD[/quote]

And to be fair I'll also say that, technically speaking, since Pixar movies themselves aren't 60 fps, if Insomniac could increase the detail of their models and environments by lowering the frame rate then it would actually take them closer to that Pixar goal.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:30 am

7th wrote:

Actually if you read past the PR Insomniac is basically pointing to poor sales of Ratchet & Clank as the reason for it not being worth their efforts to push their games to 60fps anymore. Propably part of the reason for the decision to start making multiplatform games. Nice try though.
http://www.destructoid.com/ratchet-and-clank-might-be-insomniac-s-last-60-fps-game-153621.phtml
http://www.insomniacgames.com/blogcast/blog/mike_acton/1503082
Back to top Go down
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:44 am

Master_Chief wrote:
7th wrote:

Actually if you read past the PR Insomniac is basically pointing to poor sales of Ratchet & Clank as the reason for it not being worth their efforts to push their games to 60fps anymore. Propably part of the reason for the decision to start making multiplatform games. Nice try though.
http://www.destructoid.com/ratchet-and-clank-might-be-insomniac-s-last-60-fps-game-153621.phtml

Uh fraid not. The original post mentions nothing about poor sales of Insomniac titles, only that they held research that determined having 60FPS games didn't factor into how successful the game sold. Once again, you fail. LOL

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics    

Back to top Go down

Time To Shut Up The Fanboys Who Claim Ps3 Has Amazing Graphics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next