This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:16 pm

HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
I read the article. I totally understand where he's coming from. Well, I do have a different mindset than him. This was a really good read though. Reach looks really fun, and I'm patiently waiting for it, and I know reach isn't anything groundbreaking like the first two games, that doesn't mean it can't be a very enjoyable game to play. I'm sure Bungie will make sure everything is well polished.

You suck and your stupid and fail like this author
Lol, just cause he agrees with the points? Plus, he said he's excited for it.
And for you're last reply, I don't think its good story telling if the ending of the story is known...
It's like play Alan Wake or Heavy Rain knowing the ending. Pointless.
The game will be amazing, no doubt about it. This is just one of the few negatives.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:18 pm

HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
I read the article. I totally understand where he's coming from. Well, I do have a different mindset than him. This was a really good read though. Reach looks really fun, and I'm patiently waiting for it, and I know reach isn't anything groundbreaking like the first two games, that doesn't mean it can't be a very enjoyable game to play. I'm sure Bungie will make sure everything is well polished.

He just said it was fun and he was looking forward to it lol. You need to stop warshipping Master Chief, he's just a fictional character.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:59 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

And for you're last reply, I don't think its good story telling if the ending of the story is known...
The game will be amazing, no doubt about it. This is just one of the few negatives.

Well me and many others love knowing that the game will end in tragedy,it is a good storytelling method.And dont compare games like Heavy Rain and Alan Wake to Halo

@stigma
He said Halo Reach isnt gonna be groundbreaking like the first too.*gasp* not acceptable Razz

and yes,I do worship MasterCheif and Halo is gods gift to gamers so be quite Razz
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:06 pm

HellJumper wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

Well me and many others love knowing that the game will end in tragedy,it is a good storytelling method.And dont compare games like Heavy Rain and Alan Wake to Halo

@stigma
He said Halo Reach isnt gonna be groundbreaking like the first too.*gasp* not acceptable Razz

and yes,I do worship MasterCheif and Halo is gods gift to gamers so be quite Razz

Can we compare it to KZ and Resistance. LMAO.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:12 pm

HellJumper wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

@stigma

You can't say it's good storytelling just cause you like it. The Universal Logic is that the ending should not be known until experienced.
And I wasn't comparing Alan Wake and Heavy Rain to Halo. I was saying imagine such story influenced games have an ending already known to the world.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:37 pm

that guy is an idiot.

simple.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:03 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

@stigma

You can't say it's good storytelling just cause you like it. The Universal Logic is that the ending should not be known until experienced.
And I wasn't comparing Alan Wake and Heavy Rain to Halo. I was saying imagine such story influenced games have an ending already known to the world.

*facepalm* no,its not just me that likes it.One of the things that are being praised about Reach is about what I told you.It is a good storytelling method in a situation like Halo Reach.Not all stories have to have an unknown ending to be good,I just dont see why you cant understand that.Plus there are many games out there with unkown endings that can easily be predicted by the player.Like Halo 3 for example,The player knows that he will finish the fight.Or God of War 3,the player knows that Kratos will kill Zeus at the end ect.Its all the same as knowing Halo Reach will end with Reach being destroyed

Tell me the Halo Reach story.Please do.And dont just say "reach will be glassed" because thats pretty obvious and no where near detailed enough.Please tell me,oh thats right you cant.Im sorry,I didnt know lol
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:11 pm

HellJumper wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

@stigma

*facepalm* no,its not just me that likes it.One of the things that are being praised about Reach is about what I told you.It is a good storytelling method in a situation like Halo Reach.Not all stories have to have an unknown ending to be good,I just dont see why you cant understand that.Plus there are many games out there with unkown endings that can easily be predicted by the player.Like Halo 3 for example,The player knows that he will finish the fight.Or God of War 3,the player knows that Kratos will kill Zeus at the end ect.Its all the same as knowing Halo Reach will end with Reach being destroyed

Tell me the Halo Reach story.Please do.And dont just say "reach will be glassed" because thats pretty obvious and no where near detailed enough.Please tell me,oh thats right you cant.Im sorry,I didnt know lol
It's good story telling because you liked it. Right.. Well, playing through the story to figure out the ending is the point! Yes there might be other stuff. Like I said before thats true. But, the main ending is already known. About GOW3 and Halo 3, I never said those games has god storytelling, now did I?
And I can't tell you the whole story because I don't know. But Reach getting blast is a MAJOR part to know.
It's obvious you're a Halo fanboy, so this argument would be endless if we were to continue.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:27 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

@stigma

It's good story telling because you liked it. Right.. Well, playing through the story to figure out the ending is the point! Yes there might be other stuff. Like I said before thats true. But, the main ending is already known. About GOW3 and Halo 3, I never said those games has god storytelling, now did I?
And I can't tell you the whole story because I don't know. But Reach getting blast is a MAJOR part to know.
It's obvious you're a Halo fanboy, so this argument would be endless if we were to continue.

*faceplam*
I can obviously tell that you are not highly educated in literature and storytelling. Have you ever heard of a storytelling technique called Anomalous Suspense? It a technique used when author tells you the ending but its how the characters get their and the suspense of their journey that tells an amazing storyline. Sometimes just the traditional build up to an ending gets a bit old, you need to mix things up a bit.
And also, Reach getting destroyed is only a small subset of this storyline, there is still the story of Noble Team and what will happen to them. Halo Reach really is the story of Noble Team and how 6 Spartans fight for the survival of the human race against impossible odds against an ever growing covenant invasion.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:35 pm

ghost23 wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

@stigma

*faceplam*
I can obviously tell that you are not highly educated in literature and storytelling. Have you ever heard of a storytelling technique called Anomalous Suspense? It a technique used when author tells you the ending but its how the characters get their and the suspense of their journey that tells an amazing storyline. Sometimes just the traditional build up to an ending gets a bit old, you need to mix things up a bit.
And also, Reach getting destroyed is only a small subset of this storyline, there is still the story of Noble Team and what will happen to them. Halo Reach really is the story of Noble Team and how 6 Spartans fight for the survival of the human race against impossible odds against an ever growing covenant invasion.
You're right. I guess it depends on the person.
Though, I didn't start the argument. I said that I don't like how you know the ending. Then HJ disagreed with that.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:42 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

@stigma

Dude,GOW 2 and Halo 3 were just two examples.The same goes for many big games out there.No,Reach getting glassed isnt the Halo Reach story,the Halo Reach story is about how Noble team defended Reach from a huge Covenant invasion force and stuff like that.Like Ghost said,its a strong sotrytelling method.The technique he gave is what ive been trying to tell you,but you never seem to understand "oh but no,its better that we have an unkown ending".

Yes,I am a Halo fanboy,but that doesnt make what I say false.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:34 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
that guy is an idiot.

simple.
QFT!
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:06 am

HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

Just because someone has a different mindset than you, you have to completely jump to conclusion that somebody is bashing your favorite entertainment source. He wasn't saying anything bad about the series, he actually enjoyed the first two games. Also it is true when a game is very big, it means it's a fun game or shall I say, it has defining quality that developers strive to take and revision the same experience, but crafted in a different perspective. However, there is one fact, not everyone will love (popular) games like Halo since some people think differently. Some will think it's overrated, it's bad, it's good, it's fun, it's okay, or it's the best thing ever. As long, they have their reasons, you can't do anything, but just accept that one's thoughts. The man clearly shows some nice statements and I can't think of anything to criticize him (since he is not me), but just accept what he has to say. If you're about to argue with him over the web, it's pointless really. When someone think about this is this, they're likely not going to change.

I basically think Reach is like a retelling of Halo: Ce (my favorite halo game). I also know that abilities in FPS games were done before and a lot of times, but judging on the multiplayer beta, I think Halo is doing great with it. Same with the load-outs too and Firefight. He may not have the same thoughts as me, but he is showing some reasons.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:20 am

[quote="DarkSwarm85"]
Pickles wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
They bring up a good point though. Why does Reach look just like Earth?

Because people actually live there. Notice how the only other planet humans can live on looks like earth. Gliese 581 C

That's concept art. We don't really know what Gliese looks like up close.

But it's what the guys in labcoats think it looks like. People can't live on a planet that looks like Mars.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:48 am

wow that guy was just sharing his opinion and you guys are calling him an idiot and saying he fails. What happened to you halo guys... you used to be cool Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:07 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

Just because someone has a different mindset than you, you have to completely jump to conclusion that somebody is bashing your favorite entertainment source. He wasn't saying anything bad about the series, he actually enjoyed the first two games. Also it is true when a game is very big, it means it's a fun game or shall I say, it has defining quality that developers strive to take and revision the same experience, but crafted in a different perspective. However, there is one fact, not everyone will love (popular) games like Halo since some people think differently. Some will think it's overrated, it's bad, it's good, it's fun, it's okay, or it's the best thing ever. As long, they have their reasons, you can't do anything, but just accept that one's thoughts. The man clearly shows some nice statements and I can't think of anything to criticize him (since he is not me), but just accept what he has to say. If you're about to argue with him over the web, it's pointless really. When someone think about this is this, they're likely not going to change.

I basically think Reach is like a retelling of Halo: Ce (my favorite halo game). I also know that abilities in FPS games were done before and a lot of times, but judging on the multiplayer beta, I think Halo is doing great with it. Same with the load-outs too and Firefight. He may not have the same thoughts as me, but he is showing some reasons.

*facepalm* wow you really dont know trolling when you see it.Do you always take things so seriously?How long have to been on this forum anyways?You wouldnt like youtube

But back to the point,ive honestly seen BETTER arguements about how Halo is bad from rabid PS3 fanboys than the guy in the article.I know its his oppinion but it is honestly a failed oppinion.Its logic if failed,oppinion or not.

But seriously,when you see someone trolling the worst thing you do is make a big explanation.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
wow that guy was just sharing his opinion and you guys are calling him an idiot and saying he fails. What happened to you halo guys... you used to be cool Crying or Very sad

Yeah...I know. Welcome to the internet.

I didn't make fun of the author though.

This seems to happen all over the internet. Everybody likes to pass off their opinions as facts. The author of the article and most of the posters of this thread are guilty of this.

It's kinda why the internet sucks horse cock sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Pickles wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

This seems to happen all over the internet. Everybody likes to pass off their opinions as facts. The author of the article and most of the posters of this thread are guilty of this.

Uh dude,you do the same things.Every does,its hard to not on the internet.Many things on the internet are treated as debates.Hell,the entire console section on this forum is like that
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:21 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

Uh dude,you do the same things.Every does,its hard to not on the internet.Many things on the internet are treated as debates.Hell,the entire console section on this forum is like that

The internet is pure evil...EVIL!
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:17 pm

I just don't see why someone is an idiot simply for not sharing your opinion on something. It's just that, an opinion.

Instead of saying:
"lol what an idiot LMAO"
"QFT!!"
etc

try using:
"I respect his opinion but I don't agree because..."
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:57 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
I just don't see why someone is an idiot simply for not sharing your opinion on something. It's just that, an opinion.

Instead of saying:
"lol what an idiot LMAO"
"QFT!!"
etc

try using:

Did you just not read my recent posts?Try doing that before you reply
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:17 pm

those 5 reasons are bullshit..
i dont care but one of the reasons was "reach being similar to earth"
okay....what does have to do with anything? this guy couldnt possibly picked the most retarded reasons why people shouldnt be excited for reach..
Back to top Go down
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:12 pm

HellJumper wrote:

Did you just not read my recent posts?Try doing that before you reply
I did. Why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:26 pm

NightFang91 wrote:

Instead of saying:
"lol what an idiot LMAO"
"QFT!!"
etc

try using:

The silent protagonist is a great story telling method, gameplay has actually improved from the last 2 games (alot too might I add), ofcourse Reach and Earth are going to look similar, thats the only way they can colonize. They need water and other resources. Need I go on?
Back to top Go down
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:07 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

The silent protagonist is a great story telling method, gameplay has actually improved from the last 2 games (alot too might I add), ofcourse Reach and Earth are going to look similar, thats the only way they can colonize. They need water and other resources. Need I go on?
I agree with you, Reach is looking great. I don't agree with the blog post at all.
I was just asking for some more fleshed out arguments than "lol what an idiot", and you (among others) delivered Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   

Back to top Go down

5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next