This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:07 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
You guys think each Halo should be totally different? No. They keep Halo relatively, it's that reason why people keep coming back. But each is updated with new mechanics that keep it fresh. Its in a series, each one isn;t going to be totally different.

QFT!!!
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:54 am

NightFang91 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

About the ending. How can I feel anything for a character that I know will die? And if other spartans did survive the events of Reach then where the hell are they? We dont see or even hear about them once.

How can you feel for Romeo and Juliet when you know they'll die? What about Hamlet? What about Jack Dawson in Titanic?
What about Hitler in Der Untergang (The Downfall)? You know he'll commit suicide.

American Beauty's Opening Monologue includes the line "in less than a year I will be dead."

Oh, I really wonder if Jesse James lives in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford!

"Have you seen the The Passion yet? Here's a spoiler for you: Jesus dies."
—Gabe from Penny Arcade
Im not fucking talking about movies dipshit
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:57 am

spartan225 wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

About the ending. How can I feel anything for a character that I know will die? And if other spartans did survive the events of Reach then where the hell are they? We dont see or even hear about them once.

How can you feel for Romeo and Juliet when you know they'll die? What about Hamlet? What about Jack Dawson in Titanic?
What about Hitler in Der Untergang (The Downfall)? You know he'll commit suicide.

American Beauty's Opening Monologue includes the line "in less than a year I will be dead."

Oh, I really wonder if Jesse James lives in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford!

—Gabe from Penny Arcade

Movies,videogames,books,they ALL have stories.So it doesnt matter if shes talknig about a movie,it all has to do with stories which video games also have(cant beleive it takes you this long to realize that).Her point is legimit,and your just acting and sounding like a moron
Back to top Go down
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:01 pm

HellJumper wrote:
spartan225 wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

—Gabe from Penny Arcade

Movies,videogames,books,they ALL have stories.So it doesnt matter if shes talknig about a movie,it all has to do with stories which video games also have(cant beleive it takes you this long to realize that).Her point is legimit,and your just acting and sounding like a moron
I really dont care about her point, I really dont.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:10 pm

spartan225 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
spartan225 wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

—Gabe from Penny Arcade

Because you know shes correct and that she has proven you wrong.Dude,there is nothing wrong with accepting that someone has beaten you in an arguement or a debate,but just dont act like an asshole about it
Back to top Go down
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:16 pm

HellJumper wrote:
spartan225 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
spartan225 wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

—Gabe from Penny Arcade

Because you know shes correct and that she has proven you wrong.Dude,there is nothing wrong with accepting that someone has beaten you in an arguement or a debate,but just dont act like an asshole about it
You know what I am an asshole, I am a moron and im totally wrong about anything halo related because im a moron whos opinion means fuck all to the rest of the gaming world. You win bravo. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:33 pm

spartan225 wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:

How can you feel for Romeo and Juliet when you know they'll die? What about Hamlet?
Romeo & Juliet... Hamlet.. movies... Hahaha, oh wow, you truly are an expert on dramatic storytelling!

It doesn't matter whether it's a movie, a book or a video game, the methods of storytelling is still the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:46 pm

spartan225 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
spartan225 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
spartan225 wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

—Gabe from Penny Arcade

You know what I am an asshole, I am a moron and im totally wrong about anything halo related because im a moron whos opinion means fuck all to the rest of the gaming world. You win bravo. Thumbs up!

There is nothing wrong with admiting you were wrong, you dont have to be an ass just because you were wrong. Seriously, its pathetic.
Back to top Go down
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:10 am

I'm not excited about it because I already played this game on PC when it was called Unreal Tournament/Tribes XD

It's a prequel story, so you already know how it ends, especially if you've read the books, which I'm told it stays close to plotwise. The graphics do appear to be improved somewhat but not at a level that puts it over any of the other big exclusive graphics powerhouses coming out for both systems over the next 12 months. The best I can say about it is it looks better than Halo 3, which graphically isn't saying much.

To me, it once again looks like most of the emphasis insofar as innovation and updates was put into the multiplayer, and anyone who knows me knows that I couldn't give two shits about the multiplayer on any game, PS3 exclusives included. I want to be immersed in a story. I have no interest in spending hours running around shooting at people I know to boost a kill/death ratio. It's totally repetitive, especially when you consider the fact that when you do so, you're essentially doing the exact same thing that we've been doing on PC shooters for a decade. You can add new maps, new modes, but you're still just running around pwning your friends or strangers in what boils down to little more than a 21st century virtual take on laser tag/paintball/midway shooting galleries. It's dull as shit. I got so burned out on that kind of play that by the time Unreal Tournament 2004 came along, I just set it aside and went back to Morrowind.

Am I denying that it will be a huge hit? No, because unfortunately for the gaming industry the US market is overrun with fragheads who jump at the chance to spend 60 dollars on game after game just so they can jump from title to title doing the EXACT SAME THING.

And that's not just 360. They're on PS3 too, albeit to a smaller degree. But it cracks me up to go onto both PSN and XBL (I haven't had to pay for CBL in almost a year because people mail me free month codes on a regular basis, I just never use it) and look at peoples achievements/trophies and laugh at the fact that they have little to no campaign achivements, all they have are the multiplayer shit. Because developers see that as well, so of course they're just gonna keep funneling more and more development time into the multiplayer aspect because they'll look at the sales on games like MW2 and Halo Reach and think this is what the majority of gamers want.

But you'll also notice that the audience for shooters hasn't really grown since 2005. That's because its actually a niche market. The same audience that bought 11 million copies of Halo 3 are the same gamers who bought MW2, BFBC2, and so on. But these developers don't seem to be looking at that. They just look at the sales tally, and see that Gears or Halo outsold Alan Wake by a huge margin, so you'll see more and more shooters and fewer and fewer Alan Wakes. This is why I laugh when MLD puts such an emphasis on sales numbers. Because the same sales numbers that are keeping the console market alive are also stagnating it.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Awesome
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:13 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
You guys think each Halo should be totally different? No. They keep Halo relatively, it's that reason why people keep coming back. But each is updated with new mechanics that keep it fresh. Its in a series, each one isn;t going to be totally different.

The problem is that Halo is like every other FPS. It doesn't separate itself from the other games.

HellJumper wrote:
Oh,you expect each game to be totally different and change what even made Halo?Wow,Halo fans certainly would despise you.If you think that way about MGS and other big series their fans would also despise you

For the most part MGS stays the same however the locations differ. I don't feel like I'm revisiting the past when I play those games.

HellJumper wrote:
These things that Halo Reach and the Halo games do is add new features that keeps the games fresh but at the same time keep what even MADE Halo a good franchise.They are doing what they SHOULD be doing.The day the developers make Halo what you want it to be is the day Halo will die.So you know what,Screw you for wanting Halo to die.

I chortled.

Seriously, what are these new innovative features that were added throughout the series? I can only find one; dual wielding.

Oh, and thanks for unbanning me. It is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:26 pm

You know what,why bother argueing with a blind Halo hater

Oh yes,sorry about you being banned.Us mods banned everyone that recently joined the forum at once.Because of 4chan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Mr. Awesome wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

The problem is that Halo is like every other FPS. It doesn't separate itself from the other games.

Well thats if you dont follow the Halo story. I love the story, and I havent read any of the books so I really want to know about Reach. But yes, that is a problem with FPS's today, they dont stand out from the pack.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:37 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Well thats if you dont follow the Halo story. I love the story, and I havent read any of the books so I really want to know about Reach. But yes, that is a problem with FPS's today, they dont stand out from the pack.

Actually,if you look at many PS out there,alot of em have similer gameplay as COD.I havnt seen another shooter out their with similer online as Halo.I also havnt seen any that even feel the same as Halo.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Awesome
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:07 pm

HellJumper wrote:
You know what,why bother argueing with a blind Halo hater

Oh yes,sorry about you being banned.Us mods banned everyone that recently joined the forum at once.Because of 4chan

I'm not really a Halo hater. I'm just a FPS hater. CoD will be the end of all gaming.

4chan can't raid anymore. They lack the ability to act as one unit.

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

We just need someone to develop a FPS so innovative and awesome that it blows the competition away. Republic Commando did a nice job of changing the gameplay but it couldn't catch gamers' attentions. CoD/Halo could catch people's attention but couldn't distinguish themselves from each other. My idea: Halo Commando. You play as a Marine who leads a squad of four marines on a Halo. With the use of tactics and teamwork, you work your way through the installation, defending the structure from the Covenant/Flood.

That's what I want my Halo to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:58 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Actually,if you look at many PS out there,alot of em have similer gameplay as COD.I havnt seen another shooter out their with similer online as Halo.I also havnt seen any that even feel the same as Halo.

That is true, Halo does have unique gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Carlego
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:04 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

That is true, Halo does have unique gameplay.

What? Halo is still similar to other FPS shooters. It's unique how? Low gravity? Healthpacks? I know a game
with both of those: TF2 and UT3

I'm not against you, but Halo isn't that innovative, but it's still fun with the map editing.

Pretty much the only reason I'm getting reach.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:40 am

Ughhh here we go again

Im not gonig to bother arguing for the most part but seriously.....

You people expect each Halo game to revlolutionize the most popular and milked genre out there!!!Halo CE and Halo 2 certainly were innovative,but what Halo game are we on now?We are on the 6th game in the series for crying out loud.How the hell do you expect it to change and revolutionize the genre?Halo Reach has added a helluva lot of awesome and great things.Tell me a shooter that has Forge world please.You dont think Forge World is innovative?Well it certainly is

And guys,You can expect Bungie to change what made Halo wonderful in the first place.

With this post,the thread is locked.This thread is getting no where
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach   

Back to top Go down

5 Reasons Not To Be Excited By Halo Reach
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4