This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:12 am

That there actually WAS an exclusivity deal with Microsoft for Mass Effect 1 and 2.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/07/09/bioware-mass-effect-3-no-exclusivity-plans/

"Atwood contacted Joystiq back later on and clarified that there is exclusivity between Mass Effect 2 and Microsoft."

I have a feeling it wasn't timed either ( I mean come on, EA has had Bioware for how long now?? About 3 years....They would have ported ME1 and or ME2 to the PS3 by now).

There currently isn't one for ME3 though, or any other spin-off that could revolve around the Mass Effect universe. But I have a feeling atleast ME3 will be 360/PC only since the first 2 games are so tied to the full trilogy experience (kind of like Gears of War 3).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:56 am

Interesting, but I think that MS owns Mass Effect (Like how they own Halo but Bungie is still making Reach for MS only). So I am doubtful that they will go right for PS3.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:04 am

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Interesting, but I think that MS owns Mass Effect (Like how they own Halo but Bungie is still making Reach for MS only). So I am doubtful that they will go right for PS3.
I think its owned bye Bioware, because EA published ME2 not MSG.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:20 am

It would be stupid of Bioware to make ME3 for PS3 cause there would be no save game import and that is the biggest feature of the Mass Effect series.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:56 am

It will probably flop on the PS3.... You need the backstory in the game to know "wtf" happen in the 2 first games in the series.

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:10 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
It will probably flop on the PS3.... You need the backstory in the game to know "wtf" happen in the 2 first games in the series.

They could add a two hour long flashback at the beggining of the game where shepard remembers what happened in the past.

"Im commander shepard an this if my favorite flashback on the citadel, the citadel, the citadel..the citadel............"
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:37 am

Doominator99 wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

They could add a two hour long flashback at the beggining of the game where shepard remembers what happened in the past.

"Im commander shepard an this if my favorite flashback on the citadel, the citadel, the citadel..the citadel............"

Unfortunately they cant. They cant use anything from the first game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:

They have an exclusivity deal but they do not own Mass Effect. Bioware does. Kind of like how Gears of War is owned by Epic games but they have an exclusivity deal with MS.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:

They have an exclusivity deal but they do not own Mass Effect. Bioware does. Kind of like how Gears of War is owned by Epic games but they have an exclusivity deal with MS.

Well its technically EA's IP , and Im sure they will do everything in there power to get a PS3 version. Its all about teh $$$$$$ , unless MS throw a shitload of cash their way.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:21 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:

Well its technically EA's IP , and Im sure they will do everything in there power to get a PS3 version. Its all about teh $$$$$$ , unless MS throw a shitload of cash their way.

They would have ported it by now if the exclusivity deal was timed. What timed exclusivity deal lasts 3 years?? That's unheard of. I have no doubt that there will eventually be a Mass Effect spin-off on the PS3 but it looks like the main trilogy will stay exclusive in the X360/PC sense.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:30 pm

Oh, cool. I wish they'd make another exclusivity deal for the third just to prevent the ps3 fantrolls from saying "theyll port it to ps3!! They will!!"

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:43 pm

I doubt it will go to PS3,and if it does,it will flop.It will also show how greedy EA is,it would be a shame that EA could damage or partially ruin a great series such as Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:34 pm

How do you guys know they have an exclusive deal with MS?I never seen any but there must be one ,i also know bioware has a great relationship with MS still even after EA bought them,i remember reading it in an interview. Also i wonder why MS chose ME for an exclusive deal and not also Bioshock. I think MS can land an exclusive deal for Bioshock 3 ,a timed one or maybe even a full one since Bioshock 2 did really bad on PS3.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:24 pm

rather have mass effect than bioshock anyday, i read once MS wanted figurehead characters for the Xbox 360 like Sony has with Kratos, Drake, Sackboy so it looks like its:

master chief, marcus fenix and commander sheppard

Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:27 pm

HellJumper wrote:
I doubt it will go to PS3,and if it does,it will flop.It will also show how greedy EA is,it would be a shame that EA could damage or partially ruin a great series such as Mass Effect.

Porting it to more platforms wouldn't necessarily ruin the series, it would expand the fanbase and make it more popular. I'm just personally tired of the speculations and assumptions PS3 fanboys make. The only bad thing that would come out of Mass Effect going to the PS3 is the endless and moronic trolling PS3 fanboys would do...And the worst part is it probably won't sell half a million on the PS3.

Spartan v07 wrote:
How do you guys know they have an exclusive deal with MS?I never seen any but there must be one ,i also know bioware has a great relationship with MS still even after EA bought them,i remember reading it in an interview. Also i wonder why MS chose ME for an exclusive deal and not also Bioshock. I think MS can land an exclusive deal for Bioshock 3 ,a timed one or maybe even a full one since Bioshock 2 did really bad on PS3.

I know they have an exclusivity deal for Mass Effect 1 and 2 because (a) A Bioware developer said so and (b) they would have ported the Mass Effect series to the PS3 by now if there wasn't one.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:36 pm

No,it would do damage too the series.The games are not even CLOSE as good without playing the previous games.Mass Effect is very story driven and having one game out of a trilogy on one platform will do damage.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:53 pm

HellJumper wrote:
No,it would do damage too the series.The games are not even CLOSE as good without playing the previous games.Mass Effect is very story driven and having one game out of a trilogy on one platform will do damage.

Oh that's what you meant! I thought you meant ANY Mass Effect game (whether it was part of the trilogy or not, my bad)..Yea that WOULD ruin it for PS3 owners...but for those who play Mass Effect on the 360 or Microsoft Windows it wouldn't be a real issue.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:58 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Porting it to more platforms wouldn't necessarily ruin the series, it would expand the fanbase and make it more popular. I'm just personally tired of the speculations and assumptions PS3 fanboys make. The only bad thing that would come out of Mass Effect going to the PS3 is the endless and moronic trolling PS3 fanboys would do...And the worst part is it probably won't sell half a million on the PS3.

Spartan v07 wrote:

I know they have an exclusivity deal for Mass Effect 1 and 2 because (a) A Bioware developer said so and (b) they would have ported the Mass Effect series to the PS3 by now if there wasn't one.

can you post the link? also what makes you think it was not an timed exclusive deal? MS never did a permanent one which they should.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Spartan v07 wrote:

can you post the link? also what makes you think it was not an timed exclusive deal? MS never did a permanent one which they should.

Read the OP, a dude from Bioware told Joystick that there was an exclusivity deal with Mass Effect 2. And again, I explained why I doubt it's a timed exclusivity in the OP. EA has owned the Mass Effect franchise since 2007 when EA bought Bioware, they would have ported it to the PS3 if there wasn't some type of exclusivity deal. And if it was timed it would have been 1 or 2 years tops.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Spartan v07 wrote:

Read the OP, a dude from Bioware told Joystick that there was an exclusivity deal with Mass Effect 2. And again, I explained why I doubt it's a timed exclusivity in the OP. EA has owned the Mass Effect franchise since 2007 when EA bought Bioware, they would have ported it to the PS3 if there wasn't some type of exclusivity deal. And if it was timed it would have been 1 or 2 years tops.

the last quote seems to me like its timed.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:46 am

if the games were timed then PS3 owners would have to buy three games at once... not that they would buy anything but still
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:33 am

Spartan v07 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Spartan v07 wrote:

the last quote seems to me like its timed.

I really doubt it. No timed exclusivity deal lasts more than 3 years. Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 undoubtably have an exclusivity deal, but any other Mass Effect game has a possibility of making it to the PS3.

EDIT:

Their last quote was referring to whether or not Mass Effect 2 will be on X360 only (not PC) for atleast a short amount of time. Originally all they announced was a X360 version, but then months later they announced a Windows version set to launch with the X360 version. They weren't referring to Mass Effects exclusivity to Microsoft platforms.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

QFT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]   

Back to top Go down

Did anyone else know? [Regarding ME2's exclusivity]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1