This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Awesome
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Andrei Rianofski wrote:
Mr. Awesome give it a break PSN fucking blows full stop.Everybody knows it.A lot of us have PS3s and have played on PSN.Its sucks
Your making yourself look like an idiot trying to defend

I'm not defending. I'm simply stating that both blow.

And lets layoff the insults. We can argue without calling each other names.
Back to top Go down
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Mr. Awesome wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:
Mr. Awesome give it a break PSN fucking blows full stop.Everybody knows it.A lot of us have PS3s and have played on PSN.Its sucks

Ok bad on me for insulting you
But my view is that PSN blows in comparison to Xbox live
I played both
PSN is a sack of shit
Back to top Go down
Mr. Awesome
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Andrei Rianofski wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:

I played both
PSN is a sack of shit

Thank you for the apology.

Perhaps it is so. I just dl the occasional demos and sometimes play KZ2 or GTAIV online. I prefer SP.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:44 pm

I get disconnected from PSN 2 minutes after I quit a game. Every single time. XBL disconnects me sometimes, but it's not an issue because it logs me back in a few seconds later. I have to manually do it on PS3.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Off topic: Psn isn't really to par with Xbox Live. Some of the features which Live has had which PSN doesn't like cross game chat hasn't even been on. Not even to this date with PSN. There's the updates and install which takes forever on PSN and remember the update which bricked PS3 consoles aswell. Not to metion recntly the silly maintenance which was JUST for syncing trophies is crazy.

The fanboy comments on YT are funny. They think just cause someone who has a Wii and says PS1classics count are owning MLD. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Andrei Rianofski wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:

I played both
PSN is a sack of shit
For a free service, it's pretty great.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Mr. Awesome wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
then your connection is not good, psn dc way more,go see multiple sites and you will see them say the same thing. they cheat on psn all the time,they glitch in uncharted and resistance. and about mgo i mean that it did not use your psn name you had to make a separate one. nothing is unified,since no oen talks i feel like im playing bots. downloads are tremendously slow compared to live,profiles load slow,etc

Or it could mean that both blow.

I see people cheat on Halo and CoD as well. It's not just localized to PS3 owners.

MGO forces you to make a username so you can have more than one account. I don't see a point to this but it made them money so it's not my problem.

ps3 online sucks,face it.you make a new account but i thought sony said only 1 universal name? i know people cheat on cod,n[not halo btw] but you can report them,that's my point,you cant on psn.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:34 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:

I played both
PSN is a sack of shit
For a free service, it's pretty great.

its free for a reason,it sucks. i have it btw,i am not just making things up. i mention it because they had a gen and a half to make actual good online and still didn't.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Awesome
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:06 am

Haters gonna hate. PSN isn't bad. It just isn't great.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:22 am

I really don't understand all the hate on PSN.
I have only ever been disconnected on one game, Bad Company 2, and I know that's a problem with the game itself and not PSN, because a friend of mine has the exact same problem with that game.

I have never experienced any lag on the PS3 (Unless I was downloading torrents at the same time, my own fault), whereas I have experienced a lot of lag on Xbox Live.

Cheaters? Maybe I haven't played enough games on the PSN, but I have never encountered any cheating, other than people quitting, which is nothing compared to some of the cheating I've seen on Xbox Live, probably because you can mod a 360 and use cheats, but it's impossible to mod a PS3 for anything useful.

Of course Xbox Live has some great features that the PSN doesn't, but I still think the PSN is great (especially due to the fact it's free).
Back to top Go down
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:39 am

GGM wrote:
I really don't understand all the hate on PSN.
I have only ever been disconnected on one game, Bad Company 2, and I know that's a problem with the game itself and not PSN, because a friend of mine has the exact same problem with that game.

I have never experienced any lag on the PS3 (Unless I was downloading torrents at the same time, my own fault), whereas I have experienced a lot of lag on Xbox Live. .

Either you don't play on PSN very often or you're just extremely lucky. I don't know anyone who hasn't had a few laggy games or been disconnected. It's not necessarily the networks fault...it could be the host or players have bad connections. I can go weeks without any problems, but the lag troll never stays away for too long.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Ozsem wrote:
Off topic: Psn isn't really to par with Xbox Live. Some of the features which Live has had which PSN doesn't like cross game chat hasn't even been on. Not even to this date with PSN. There's the updates and install which takes forever on PSN and remember the update which bricked PS3 consoles aswell. Not to metion recntly the silly maintenance which was JUST for syncing trophies is crazy.

The fanboy comments on YT are funny. They think just cause someone who has a Wii and says PS1classics count are owning MLD. Laughing

MLD could just buy a pre-owned Wii just for the sake of countering his arguement LOL. I still think Shokio is full of himself..
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Invincible wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

General MLD might not have the best arguements ever as to why one console is better than the other but god damnet the Wii sucks...I mean seriously come on.

That's just your opinion. Wii has almost outsold 360 and PS3 put together so it can't suck that much. And the fact that MS and Sony are both trying to chip away at their market share really says something.

There is almost nothing about the Wii that is next gen/current gen (whatever you want to call it now). And again, I don't support MLD's sales arguements because Sales =/= quality.

"And the fact that MS and Sony are both trying to chip away at their market share really says something."

Yea, it says where the money is at. Doesn't mean the Wii is actually a decent console. If people want to buy last gen hardware with a minor facelift then I'm not going to stop them, that doesn't damn well mean it's the best damn console.

Still, just your opinion. Wii has sold the most hardware, software and has the two highest rated exclusives this generation. That means it's at the very least a decent console.

Yea, those 2 exclusives are proof that Nintendo is running out of ideas. They have ran the Mario series into the ground. They are good games. But that doesn't mean the console defines quality as a whole. Again, step off the sales arguement and open your eyes. The best selling games on the Wii are casual games (usually bundled with the console), I don't think Wii Sports defines quality either.

The Wii has little 3rd party support, borderline last gen hardware, very little media functionality, mostly gimmicky games targetted towards the casual audience, shit online support, etc.

Opinions are opinions I supose. I played Super Mario Galaxy, it's a fun game.....but I'm not really fond of all the other Wii games. The reason I'm so harsh on the Wii is because I actually bought one and I feel a little cheated since Nintendo did a 180 on the hardcore audience. If the Shokio dude truely thinks the Wii is a quality console that's fine, but don't compare to a console that is better in almost every aspected (the X360).
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:45 pm

PSN is great for a free service. If they made a mandatory pay to play then yeah it would be pathetic. but i have comcast with 50mbps connection and have both the 360 and ps3. They both play well i never get laggy games. I'll always be host if games do lag. As far for cheaters. modded lobbies is all i know of. other than that. if they don't have an advantage over me. i'm all good with both services.
Back to top Go down
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:42 pm

"PSN is great for a free service"for free it is good
In comparison to Xbox live its shit
All that needs to be said
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Yeah, and PS2 and Xbox games count also, hell lets just throw in previous console sales and say they count to this gen. Razz
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:49 pm

It's a known fact that Shokio is the voice double for Tay Zonday.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:44 pm

i will respond to this and 7ths vid monday

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
MasterDebator

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:08 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Yeah, and PS2 and Xbox games count also, hell lets just throw in previous console sales and say they count to this gen. Razz

I hope you're being sarcastic. PS1 game ports are on the PS3, PS2 and Xbox games aren't on their current gen counterparts. Also, the people saying PSN sucks are just being outrageous fanboys. The marketplace has a huge selection of games like the Xbox, and it might just be you, but on my PS3 I've never once dropped from a game of Bad Company 2, Demon's Souls, or BlazBlue (the only games I play online). I've never dropped from a game on my Xbox either.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:29 am

MasterDebator wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I hope you're being sarcastic. PS1 game ports are on the PS3, PS2 and Xbox games aren't on their current gen counterparts. Also, the people saying PSN sucks are just being outrageous fanboys. The marketplace has a huge selection of games like the Xbox, and it might just be you, but on my PS3 I've never once dropped from a game of Bad Company 2, Demon's Souls, or BlazBlue (the only games I play online). I've never dropped from a game on my Xbox either.

*faceplam*

MLD has explained time and time again. PS1 games should not be counted in the PS3 library because they are exactly the same as their PS1 counterpart!! There is no update at all for these games. There is nothing at all that differentiates it from the original. And FYI, all 360 have backwards compatibility to a large section of the original XBOX Library while PS3's now have no backwards compability.

And when we say that PSN sucks, it sucks compared to XBL. The games library on XBL is vastly superior to PSN and metacritic and the general gaming community backs me up. Also all of the smaller features that is also beneficial to XBL such as Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, ESPN, Zune Video Marketplace, 1080p Instant on streaming, party chat, cross game chat.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:20 am

Spartan v07 wrote:
they don't count in the console wars ,that's like saying ps2 and xbox games count just because the systems are backward compatible.
There's a bigger reason why they don't count, they weren't made
for the system! If they were rereleased even with no update and recieved reviews, then we would know if they are good games in the context of this generation and the way it's
running on a next-gen system, then yes! They would count. But in actual fact this is
just emulation. You can't bring psx classics into the psp vs ds
console war. New updated games only count. Why wouldn't we be in including xbox games otherwise?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:56 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
they don't count in the console wars ,that's like saying ps2 and xbox games count just because the systems are backward compatible.
for the system! If they were rereleased even with no update and recieved reviews, then we would know if they are good games in the context of this generation and the way it's
running on a next-gen system, then yes! They would count. But in actual fact this is
console war. New updated games only count. Why wouldn't we be in including xbox games otherwise?!
PS1 classics shouldn't count because their not even on the metacritic list, END OF STORY
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
txtman8094

PostSubject: of course you would   Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:13 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Zeph already thrown down alot of shokio's arguements and watching both zephs and shoks...Im definitly listening to zeph

Thats because you want to hear that the 360 is the best even though everybody is owning the 360 fan-base, Zephyrnix supports the 360 more so of course you would listen to him. Zepyrnix did not throw down a lot of Shokio's Arguments, Shokio pretty much owned him.
Back to top Go down
txtman8094

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:16 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
PS1 classics shouldn't count because their not even on the metacritic list, END OF STORY

So what your saying is if its not on the meta-critic list i doesn't count? Meta-critic is also a movie review site and its missing a lot of movie reviews, does that mean those movies don't count just because they're not on "the meta-critic list"
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:17 pm

txtman8094 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Zeph already thrown down alot of shokio's arguements and watching both zephs and shoks...Im definitly listening to zeph

Thats because you want to hear that the 360 is the best even though everybody is owning the 360 fan-base, Zephyrnix supports the 360 more so of course you would listen to him. Zepyrnix did not throw down a lot of Shokio's Arguments, Shokio pretty much owned him.

Hell no,I listen to what he says because he always provides links and proof to back up what he says.and if he is wrong,he will soon after make a vid clarifying that whoever user proved him wrong.Zeph isnt a fanboy and is pretty nuetral.Shokio's arguements were flawed,like alot of MLD's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars   

Back to top Go down

Shokio declares PS1 classics count in the console wars
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next