This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Okay, so with all the extra power PC has, how come I can't tell a difference in the graphics?
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

The PS3's best looking exclusives are incredibly linear and use alot of smoke and mirrors to look good in motion.
That's true for pretty much all good looking video games.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:25 pm

Invincible wrote:
Okay, so with all the extra power PC has, how come I can't tell a difference in the graphics?

There are far less developers now-a-days that want to even bother developing with the PC's capabilities in mind. We are argueing about technical prowess, not which platform has the better looking games. Even then, have you seen Crysis in max settings? It blows away any console game this gen. Like I said though, if you want to compare capablities you compare specs, not games.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Invincible wrote:
Because you have to take your Sony goggles off first. Stop drinking the Sony koolaid its making you go blind. And making ridiculous arguments/statements to get a reaction = trolling.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:32 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

The PS3's best looking exclusives are incredibly linear and use alot of smoke and mirrors to look good in motion.
That's true for pretty much all good looking video games.

Well the best looking Xbox game is Alan Wake. And it's lighting effects and environments are all done in real-time. It's fairly linear in a cinematic sense but most of the levels are very small-scale sandboxes players can explore.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:34 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Because you have to take your Sony goggles off first. Stop drinking the Sony koolaid its making you go blind. And making ridiculous arguments/statements to get a reaction = trolling.

I'm up for an arguement but I agree this is kinda ridiculous. But it kinda shows how uneducated PS3 fans are when it comes to hardware even though they constantly brag for the wrong reasons.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:38 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

Well the best looking Xbox game is Alan Wake. And it's lighting effects and environments are all done in real-time. It's fairly linear in a cinematic sense but most of the levels are very small-scale sandboxes players can explore.
But that's how video game graphics work. They fake stuff to make it look good, adaptive level of detail and all that jizz.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:42 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

But that's how video game graphics work. They fake stuff to make it look good, adaptive level of detail and all that jizz.

No that's what I'm referring to as smoke and mirrors. Color palletes, HDR lighting, volumetric lighting, texture quality and bumper maps, shader operations, anti-aliasing...that's all done in realtime via hardware.

"cheap" non-realtime graphical effects would be like cooked lighting or pre-scripted explosions on the background of a firefight.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

No that's what I'm referring to as smoke and mirrors. Color palletes, HDR lighting, volumetric lighting, texture quality and bumper maps, shader operations, anti-aliasing...that's all done in realtime via hardware.

"cheap" non-realtime graphical effects would be like cooked lighting or pre-scripted explosions on the background of a firefight.
I misunderstood you then. My apologies.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:46 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I misunderstood you then. My apologies.

Hey, no problem.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Your generalizing the whole of the fanbase. Dude, only like 3 people said the GT5 can outdo the PC graphics. The rest of the people there laughed at those guys. Are they deemed as ignorant? I think not.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:29 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:
Your generalizing the whole of the fanbase. Dude, only like 3 people said the GT5 can outdo the PC graphics. The rest of the people there laughed at those guys. Are they deemed as ignorant? I think not.
Did I say they were? No I didnt. PS3 fanboys are not "the whole fanbase." Theres a difference between a PS3 fan and a PS3 fanboy. I'm referring to the 3 PS3 fanboys in that thread.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
Did I say they were? No I didnt. PS3 fanboys are not "the whole fanbase." Theres a difference between a PS3 fan and a PS3 fanboy. I'm referring to the 3 PS3 fanboys in that thread.
Well, the title is deceiving. My mistake.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:41 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:
Well, the title is deceiving. My mistake.
No problem. I edited the op to clarify but I saw nothing "decieving" in the title.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:13 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:

It's not just the GT5 thing (in a matter of fact it's the first time I heard someone suggest that). It's the constant "(insert PS3 exclusive) can't be done on the X360" horseshit, even though people who actually know what they are talking about (like in the beyond3d forum) know that it's alot more complicated than that.

We all stereotype and after reading my previous comment I do come off as offensive to some. But I've grown bitter of the N4G-like behavior from 90% of the damned fanbase.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:

It's not just the GT5 thing (in a matter of fact it's the first time I heard someone suggest that). It's the constant "(insert PS3 exclusive) can't be done on the X360" horseshit, even though people who actually know what they are talking about (like in the beyond3d forum) know that it's alot more complicated than that.

We all stereotype and after reading my previous comment I do come off as offensive to some. But I've grown bitter of the N4G-like behavior from 90% of the damned fanbase.
QFT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:

Truth. Cant say it better than that.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:52 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Invincible wrote:

I'm not jumping to conclusions but Invincible, even though his statement about PS3/PC was crazy, isn't a troll.
Back to top Go down
Disposable Hero

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:46 am

Hey, this is Invincible. I believe I was banned my Master Chief, but I just wanted to get this off my chest before I leave. I never said PS3 graphics were better then PC. I just said it was on par. And I think the same thing about PC/360. I've played Gears on PC and 360. They look the same. I've played Borderlands on PC/360. They too look the same. Granted, I don't have the most up to date graphics card, but the differences between (HD) consoles and PC is barely noticeable. I watched my friend play StarCraft II last week and it didn't look like anything that couldn't run on my 360.

PC fanboys can disagree with me all you want, it's my opinion. If that makes me some crazy stealth troll then so be it. I don't think it's a reason to get banned, but I guess I underestimated the sensitivity of the mods here.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:37 am

Disposable Hero wrote:
Hey, this is Invincible. I believe I was banned my Master Chief, but I just wanted to get this off my chest before I leave. I never said PS3 graphics were better then PC. I just said it was on par. And I think the same thing about PC/360. I've played Gears on PC and 360. They look the same. I've played Borderlands on PC/360. They too look the same. Granted, I don't have the most up to date graphics card, but the differences between (HD) consoles and PC is barely noticeable. I watched my friend play StarCraft II last week and it didn't look like anything that couldn't run on my 360.

PC fanboys can disagree with me all you want, it's my opinion. If that makes me some crazy stealth troll then so be it. I don't think it's a reason to get banned, but I guess I underestimated the sensitivity of the mods here.

Ill give you permission to come back.I dont see how any of your posts are stealth trollish so unless the person who banned you can give me accurate info then ill allow you to come back.And to all mods,if you banned this guy and dont want me allowing him back,then your gonna have to convince me.Until then,ill PM MLD to unban your Invincible account.

I wouldnt judge all mods by one mods doings.

And I agree,Starcraft 2 woudnt be able to do well on 360
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:07 am

HellJumper wrote:
Disposable Hero wrote:

Ill give you permission to come back.I dont see how any of your posts are stealth trollish so unless the person who banned you can give me accurate info then ill allow you to come back.And to all mods,if you banned this guy and dont want me allowing him back,then your gonna have to convince me.Until then,ill PM MLD to unban your Invincible account.

I think he said the 360 could run Starcraft 2.

Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Pickles wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Disposable Hero wrote:

Oh my bad.I read it wrong.He is still right,it could run on 360 but it certainly wouldnt do well(RTS are bad on consoles)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:13 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Pickles wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Disposable Hero wrote:

Oh my bad.I read it wrong.He is still right,it could run on 360 but it certainly wouldnt do well(RTS are bad on consoles)

Yeah, especially ones like Starcraft. That would suck with a controller! But EndWar worked very well because of amazing voice controls.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Disposable Hero wrote:

Had a feeling you were going to get banned. Ask MLD to unblock you account.
Back to top Go down
Disposable Hero

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:43 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Disposable Hero wrote:

Had a feeling you were going to get banned. Ask MLD to unblock you account.

I just think it's funny how most people agree PS3/360 looks about the same in terms of graphics. But the minute you say PC doesn't look better then a console game, PC fanboys flip their shit and the ban hammer comes down.

PC fanboys need to stop living in the past and realize their platform isn't the powerhouse it use to be. Last gen there was a night & day difference between console and PC. But those days are long over. The leaves on the trees might look a little bit nicer, but that's about it.

Last edited by Disposable Hero on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant    

Back to top Go down

PS3 fanboys are truly ignorant
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next