This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:28 am

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/08/rumor-mass-effect-ps3-announcement-tomorrow

Start your engines. Gamescom is starting tomorrow and it looks like the rumors have already begun. NeoGAF user De-Mon is claiming to have knowledge that tomorrow, during their Gamescom press conference, either Sony or Electronic Arts will announce Mass Effect’s shift to PlayStation 3. He says it’s either going to happen tomorrow or in print magazines a few weeks later.

Apparently, it’s titled Mass Effect: Genesis. We’re assuming it contains Mass Effect 2 in order to make preparations for a multiplatform Mass Effect 3 release, but that’s just our guess. So that means it could include both the first and second game or even something completely new – who knows?

We’ll find out tomorrow.

Do you think its true? Or more another crappy site looking for hits?

EDIT: Just realised the site that originally reported this was NeoGAF, so scratch the "crappy site looking for hits" part.

Last edited by xSTONEYx187x on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:42 am

I heard about this yesterday.
Hopefully it's true, more fun for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:49 am

Hopefully its not.Mass Effect is a franchise that is very story driven and is supposed to be played in order,from 1-3.EA getting greedy and doing this would only hurt the franchise.

Then again,I wouldnt be surprised if they did do this.EA can be very greedy
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:43 am

If they do release it on PS3, they're gonna have to put out both games. The story wouldn't make sense if you haven't played both. Maybe put them both on one blu ray disc?
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:57 am

HellJumper wrote:
Hopefully its not.Mass Effect is a franchise that is very story driven and is supposed to be played in order,from 1-3.EA getting greedy and doing this would only hurt the franchise.

Then again,I wouldnt be surprised if they did do this.EA can be very greedy

I don't see how it will hurt the franchise. Seems okay to me. More fun for everyone. Timed exclusivity like mld said right?
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:34 am

I'm watching the stream now, there is going to be "2 big announcements from Bioware".
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:48 am

It's official, it's coming for PS3.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 am

Mass Effect 2 is coming to the PS3.
Not the first, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
matrixrory
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 am

NightFang91 wrote:
It's official, it's coming for PS3.

damn beat me to it. but does the ps3 get the 1st mass effect because it be pointless to get 2+3 but not 1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/matrixrory
nalin41
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 am

thats cool
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:11 am

i dont care if its coming for the ps3,since i already played it and beat it,we got it first and we can play it right now while the ps3 fanboys have to wait till january which is gonna be the same thing LOL
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
i dont care if its coming for the ps3,since i already played it and beat it,we got it first and we can play it right now while the ps3 fanboys have to wait till january which is gonna be the same thing LOL
QFT
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:30 am

Damn,that aint good.Mass Effect 2 is no where as good without playing the first.and it is impossible for Mass Effect 1 to come to Ps3
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:31 am

I dont get it. Why 2?
And I don't care if they get it. Its not like the world is gonna explode right?
Back to top Go down
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:32 am

bought a 360 based on mass effect really after being informed the franchise was exclusive
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:32 am

HellJumper wrote:
Damn,that aint good.Mass Effect 2 is no where as good without playing the first.and it is impossible for Mass Effect 1 to come to Ps3
lol why are you depressed about it? i dont really care if its coming out for the ps3,we already have the game and plus as you said,people wont know shit about it and you will see the sales for mass effect 2 for the ps3 will flop compared to the 360 or pc versions
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:36 am

and the funniest thing is that this is the first BIG exclusive that we lost..while the ps3 has lost 3 exclusives and also the mgs franchise while they only got mass effect 2
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
lol why are you depressed about it? i dont really care if its coming out for the ps3,we already have the game and plus as you said,people wont know shit about it and you will see the sales for mass effect 2 for the ps3 will flop compared to the 360 or pc versions

Yes,but its stupid to have a game like Mass Effect come to PS3 right in the MIDDLE of the TRILOGY.Its not the fact that its coming to PS3 that sucks(I dont care about that part) but the fact that an awesome franchise like Mass Effect is being treated like this.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:38 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
and the funniest thing is that this is the first BIG exclusive that we lost..while the ps3 has lost 3 exclusives and also the mgs franchise while they only got mass effect 2
The MGS franchise wasn't theirs. Besides FF, what are the other 2?
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:40 am

HellJumper wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Yes,but its stupid to have a game like Mass Effect come to PS3 right in the MIDDLE of the TRILOGY.Its not the fact that its coming to PS3 that sucks(I dont care about that part) but the fact that an awesome franchise like Mass Effect is being treated like this.

well its their loss,not ours Razz

but still i agree its stupid that mass effect 2 is coming out for the ps3 but not the first one,i doubt mass effect 2 will sell one million on the ps3
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:41 am

NoelX2 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
The MGS franchise wasn't theirs. Besides FF, what are the other 2?
actually most of the mgs games were showed as playstation exclusives,except mgs2 while all the other games were for playstation,it maybe wasnt 100 percent playstaion exclusive but still it was more of a playstation exclusive,
the other 2 were devil may cry 4 and tekken 6
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:43 am

The MGS franchise was never a Sony-exclusive, MGS 2 was on the Xbox and the remake of the first was on the Gamecube.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:44 am

One year later. LOLOL that's just fucking sad. Wonder if Mass Effect 3 is going to be released at the same time for all platforms or the PS3 only owners need to wait like 2012 or 2013 to play it Lmão.

I already beat it like 3 times. I'm ready for the 3rd one so screw the 2nd.

(Wonder if Conviction would also find its way to the PS3...well probably)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:45 am

I never really cared for Mass Effect but if the PS3 is getting it then good for them.

Also HJ, does it matter if it comes out in the middle? I don't really see how it ruins their experience, it is still Mass Effect and most PS3 owners probably have not seen or played it. As for the whole "the series is being treated like this" I really don't see why it matters, the game is expanding and it is evident that PS3 users actually wanted Mass Effect, as evident from comments from previous false announcements.

Last edited by Ezekiel 703 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aaaaaaaaaaa
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:46 am

Last edited by aaaaaaaaaaa on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next