This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:51 am

I don't really see the point of releasing ME2 but not ME1.

I really prefer ME1 and it would feel weird starting the ME saga with ME2.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:53 am

From the Mass Effect website:

"Coming in January of 2011 in beautiful Blu-ray, Mass Effect 2 PS3 will
feature hours of bonus content making it the perfect entry point to the
franchise."

I wonder what the "hours of bonus content" will be.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:54 am

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
I never really cared for Mass Effect but if the PS3 is getting it then good for them.

Also HJ, does it matter if it comes out in the middle? I don't really see how it ruins their experience, it is still Mass Effect and most PS3 owners probably have not seen or played it. As for the whole "the series is being treated like this" I really don't see why it matters, the game is expanding and it is evident that PS3 users actually wanted Mass Effect, as evident from comments from previous false announcements.

See,this is why you should actually BUY Mass Effect 2.That way you would know there is a big difference of experience not playing the first

If EA was able to release Mass Effect 1 AND 2 then id be happy.Mass Effect is very story driven and taken one third out of a story driven trilogy isnt good.Dude,Mass Effect is gonna sell horribly on PS3.The PS3 exclusives themselves sell horribly compared to 360.Why would they bother porting part of a trilogy to PS3?Its not gonna make much profit.

If Ea are gonna make Mass Effect multiplat,then they should have done it right.
Back to top Go down
Yeezy
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:56 am

I lold a little

PS3 has
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
matrixrory
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:57 am

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
I never really cared for Mass Effect but if the PS3 is getting it then good for them.

Also HJ, does it matter if it comes out in the middle? I don't really see how it ruins their experience, it is still Mass Effect and most PS3 owners probably have not seen or played it. As for the whole "the series is being treated like this" I really don't see why it matters, the game is expanding and it is evident that PS3 users actually wanted Mass Effect, as evident from comments from previous false announcements.

its like watching lord of the rings starting from the two towers or the bourne trilligy from the bourne supremacy
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/matrixrory
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:58 am

GGM wrote:

franchise."

I dunno, maybe the same thing Shenmue 2 had when it hit Xbox. LOLOL.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:02 pm

matrixrory wrote:

its like watching lord of the rings starting from the two towers or the bourne trilligy from the bourne supremacy
My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:05 pm

I wonder what the bonus content is. Are they throwing in the stuff that's on XBL or is it brand new stuff that helps explain what happened in the first?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:08 pm

GGM wrote:

franchise."

Probably DLC that the PC/X360 versions already have. But that quote kind of confirms only ME2 will be going to PS3. That's just REALLY stupid. Most of the fun of ME2 was reliving the experiences you had in ME1. Oh, and ME2 PS3 will probably be linear considering your ME1 decisions will be chosen by default.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:14 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:

See,this is why you should actually BUY Mass Effect 2.That way you would know there is a big difference of experience not playing the first

If EA was able to release Mass Effect 1 AND 2 then id be happy.Mass Effect is very story driven and taken one third out of a story driven trilogy isnt good.Dude,Mass Effect is gonna sell horribly on PS3.The PS3 exclusives themselves sell horribly compared to 360.Why would they bother porting part of a trilogy to PS3?Its not gonna make much profit.

If Ea are gonna make Mass Effect multiplat,then they should have done it right.

Buy the game just too see the contrast? What a waste of money. I already know from the demo that the mechanics were different and I know how many references are there from that detailed walkthrough of the game. So yes I already know the difference, thank you very much.

As for what you say, I agree, but I miss-read the post, I thought your gripe with it was that they were releasing a game later then the original release date, and yes I know how strange that seems.

I honestly don't care too much on how well it will sell, if EA makes a mistake it is on them and I don't care. I also don't know or care as to why they want it on PS3 or how much it sells.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:14 pm

matrixrory wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:

Funny thing is,I was gonna say the same thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:39 pm

If they port the second they should port the first with it, it's stupid not too. But atleast this amazing games gets more sales that it deserves, that is if PS3 gamers actually buy it Razz
Back to top Go down
matrixrory

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:54 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
If they port the second they should port the first with it, it's stupid not too. But atleast this amazing games gets more sales that it deserves, that is if PS3 gamers actually buy it Razz

yep i think they should have ported both or none at all
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/matrixrory

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:57 pm

matrixrory wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

yep i think they should have ported both or none at all

Exactly. If someone only has a PS3, and they dont have a PC that can run the first then its stupid cause they wont know the whole story.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:58 pm

mass effect 2 on ps3, that means they will sell another 50-100,000 copies Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:59 pm

raspymanic1 wrote:
mass effect 2 on ps3, that means they will sell another 50-100,000 copies Rolling Eyes

Sadly, that will probably be all.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:00 pm

raspymanic1 wrote:

The main fanbase of ME games will be X360/PC owners. I just don't see how or why anyone would want to start the series off at ME2 instead of ME1.
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:10 pm

this is my reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlhm-KdUlfQ

Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:

Sadly, that will probably be all.

i know im being sarcastic lol, 100,000 is shit and a total waste of time and effort Neutral
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Now I know why...Microsoft published the first Mass Effect. Amirite?
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:08 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
yes thats true
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:08 pm

NoelX2 wrote:

Yea.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:57 pm

Guys. don't you think bioware has thought of this? I am more than sure there is going to be something done about the first one. It's bioware for crying out loud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
Guys. don't you think bioware has thought of this? I am more than sure there is going to be something done about the first one. It's bioware for crying out loud.

Bioware isnt the one publishing it though. So they dont really have a say.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:49 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:
this is my reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlhm-KdUlfQ

LMFAO!!

Bye bye, Meatloaf Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?   

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect to be announced for PS3 at Gamescon?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2