This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:42 pm

Blackou7 wrote:
This blows D:

It's to be expected of EA, with how greedy they are. Oh well, I wonder if this delays Mass Effect 3 :/
That would be my only concern.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:22 am

Another thing worth noting, is that Microsoft published the first Mass Effect only on the 360, not the PC version, that was EA.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:30 am

PS3 will not be getting the import save file feature so it makes it by far inferior. 360 is still the version to play. Plus releasing a year after the 360 version, no one will care about it, happened with GTA IV DLC as well.
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:09 am

Does this mean that ME3 is also coming to the ps3 ??-_-

OH NO!
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:08 pm

zinc wrote:
Does this mean that ME3 is also coming to the ps3 ??-_-

OH NO!

I would assume so.

Why is that so terrible?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

But we're not getting "Mass Effect 1"? I'll pass. It's cool we're getting the game but I don't think many PS3 gamers are going to pick this up. For those single console owners, many will feel they missed out on the first game so why play the second. To those dual console owners, they already own ME2 for their 360's and they can import their save files from the first game for use in the second. This ability to import makes the 360 version superior to it's PS3 counterpart and most dual console owners that haven't already purchased ME2 will do so on 360 for this reason.

I think it would've been a better idea to just hold off for "Mass Effect 3" to launch on 360, then day-&-date with it's release ship out all three games on 1 PS3 blu-ray, "The Mass Effect Trilogy".
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Lord_Orpheo wrote:
But we're not getting "Mass Effect 1"? I'll pass. It's cool we're getting the game but I don't think many PS3 gamers are going to pick this up. For those single console owners, many will feel they missed out on the first game so why play the second. To those dual console owners, they already own ME2 for their 360's and they can import their save files from the first game for use in the second. This ability to import makes the 360 version superior to it's PS3 counterpart and most dual console owners that haven't already purchased ME2 will do so on 360 for this reason.

I think it would've been a better idea to just hold off for "Mass Effect 3" to launch on 360, then day-&-date with it's release ship out all three games on 1 PS3 blu-ray, "The Mass Effect Trilogy".

Yea that's what I thought. Most of the PS3 gamers that really, really wanted to play Mass Effect probably bought an 199 dollar arcade Xbox or upgraded their PC to minimum specs (actually, most of the new PCs now-a-days can probably play Mass Effect without upgrades). The established fanbase of Mass Effect fans are purely X360/PC owners, and that won't change considering people want to play the Mass Effect trilogy with their own saved progress.

However for the 6 or 7 people that wanted to play Mass Effect 2 but for some unknown reason couldn't get access to it, this is good news. (the number is an exageration, don't take it seriously lol.)
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:09 am

Problem fixed. EA is doing something for the ps3 owners that missed ME1. No default choices in ME2 so that is good. playstation tweeted about it.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:21 am

oh well it was a beast of a game but they had to wait a year and while their playing that we'll be playing me3 will all the story and they missed out on mass effect 1 which is huge in story
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:26 am

joe11 wrote:
oh well it was a beast of a game but they had to wait a year and while their playing that we'll be playing me3 will all the story and they missed out on mass effect 1 which is huge in story
i dont think by the time they get mass effect 2 we will play mass effect 3,there is a huge hint from bioware that mass effect 3 will come out 2011 but it might come out fall
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:02 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
joe11 wrote:
i dont think by the time they get mass effect 2 we will play mass effect 3,there is a huge hint from bioware that mass effect 3 will come out 2011 but it might come out fall

The annoying thing about all this is that ME2 PS3 may delay ME3 because they have to port a game which was built primarily on the XBOX 360 and now one can assume that ME3 will be a simultaneous PS3/360 launch so they need extra time to do a PS3 version of ME3.
Greedy EA making their true Mass Effect fans (360/PC) wait for a version that won't even make them that much money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:46 am

ghost23 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
joe11 wrote:

The annoying thing about all this is that ME2 PS3 may delay ME3 because they have to port a game which was built primarily on the XBOX 360 and now one can assume that ME3 will be a simultaneous PS3/360 launch so they need extra time to do a PS3 version of ME3.
Greedy EA making their true Mass Effect fans (360/PC) wait for a version that won't even make them that much money.

Well all they care about is money, and they will do anything for it.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:03 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
joe11 wrote:

Well all they care about is money, and they will do anything for it.

Indeed which is interesting that a lot of top quality developers are partnering with greedy publishers (EA and Bioware, Activision and Bungie)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3   

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2 announced for PS3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2