This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:52 pm

I agree. Bulletstorm looks amazing.
http://www.vgarabia.com/2010/08/18/killzone-3-rage-bulletstorm-looks-more-impressive-visually/
And...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWZl3uxtuOs&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Looks very good indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:39 pm

I;m not going to say anything on internet pics and vids anymore. we all know what happened with mafia 2!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:12 pm

It looks fucking brilliant. That Godzilla thing at the end! O_o
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Killzone isn't really impressive technically. It has alot of smoke and mirrors. The one thing I like about KZ though is it's HDR lighting. Even a game like Halo CE could look next gen with the amazing lighting system KZ2/KZ3 have.

Halo Reach looks alot better visually though, but that's subjective and all depends on one's taste on art style. But damnet I still want Killzone to have co-op!
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Bulletstrom looks fucking awesome, can't wait for this
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Looks sweet, I might end up getting this.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:17 am

i dont know lets see the final product of both to judge. well it looks really inserting
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:26 am

Almost all games these days have very high standard graphics if you think about it
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Oh look! A shiny game!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:16 am

Bulletstorm looks great, but I've grown a little sick of the typical Unreal Engine look. You know, like in Gears of War, Unreal Tournament, Gears of War 2, Batman: Arkham Aslyum, and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, etc.

To me, Killzone 2 and 3 will always be one of the most impressive-looking games this gen (so far).
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:41 am

TRF wrote:
Bulletstorm looks great, but I've grown a little sick of the typical Unreal Engine look. You know, like in Gears of War, Unreal Tournament, Gears of War 2, Batman: Arkham Aslyum, and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, etc.

To me, Killzone 2 and 3 will always be one of the most impressive-looking games this gen (so far).

Uh oh here comes the ban hammer! lol!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:53 am

Doominator99 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Hopefully not. I don't even like Killzone. I just think it looks really pretty. Give me Bulletstorm or Halo or anything over Killzone any day.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:10 am

TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Hopefully not. I don't even like Killzone. I just think it looks really pretty. Give me Bulletstorm or Halo or anything over Killzone any day.

If that's the case ban me too. Laughing

Although the Unreal Engine is in a shit load of games, Bulletstorm does look really good. Not Killzone good, but still top quality. Brink actually looks alot like Killzone 2. Can't wait to see more of that game. bounce
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:16 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Although the Unreal Engine is in a shit load of games, Bulletstorm does look really good. Not Killzone good, but still top quality. Brink actually looks alot like Killzone 2. Can't wait to see more of that game. bounce
I noticed that too. Brink reminded me of Killzone. Like I said, Bulletstorm looks really good, but I'm sick of seeing that grainy, gritty style that is most commonly associated with the Unreal Engine (I gave examples already). I wish developers would be a little more creative, like what DICE did with Mirror's Edge, or what Gearbox did with Borderlands.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:49 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TRF wrote:

LOL I disagree with you but I certainly wouldn't ban you for having an opinion that I disagree with. lol
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:40 am

the only thing i dont like about unreal engine is that the colour always looks drained, other than that this game looks sick.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:18 am

I'd say RAGE vs. BulletStorm would be a better comparison. pig
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:17 am

Master_Chief wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TRF wrote:

LOL I disagree with you but I certainly wouldn't ban you for having an opinion that I disagree with. lol

I know, just a bit of friendly banter. geek
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:34 am

TRF wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TRF wrote:

I noticed that too. Brink reminded me of Killzone. Like I said, Bulletstorm looks really good, but I'm sick of seeing that grainy, gritty style that is most commonly associated with the Unreal Engine (I gave examples already). I wish developers would be a little more creative, like what DICE did with Mirror's Edge, or what Gearbox did with Borderlands.

i would love a rpg like mass effect or a much better alpha protocol done with the mirrors edge style/engine but in 3rd person to see not only the gorgeous buildings/lighting effects but lovely character designs you could create for your own character. i would love to be a games designer, i would keep well away from the overload of military fps's for a start.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:07 pm

optimusprime wrote:
TRF wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TRF wrote:

i would love a rpg like mass effect or a much better alpha protocol done with the mirrors edge style/engine but in 3rd person to see not only the gorgeous buildings/lighting effects but lovely character designs you could create for your own character. i would love to be a games designer, i would keep well away from the overload of military fps's for a start.
Yeah, I've got so many great ideas for game premises.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:03 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TRF wrote:

I know, just a bit of friendly banter. geek
No worries. Its all good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3   

Back to top Go down

Bulletstorm- More visually impressive than Killzone 3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1