This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Console War Ruins Gaming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:34 pm

I've just realised how much I really seem to care about the console war. It's evidently more than I claim care and more than I'd like to believe.
I found myself, when looking for a new game, specifically looking for an exclusive as opposed to a multiplatform game. Honestly, games I'd even want I'd just ignore if they are multiplatform.
How sad is that? I guess it's been a bit of a rude awakening for me, but at least I've opened my eyes a bit and now I just say f*ck it, I'm gonna buy as many multiplats as I like, just because ps3 fanboys are obsessed with exclusives it doesn't mean I have to as well. Any multiplat is as good as any exclusive.

But yeah, my point is, the console war is pathetic. I can't believe that it actually almost forces me to buy games I may not be interested in or may not have ever considered buying. But even buying exclusives I want is bad if I'm turning down multiplats I like more.
Exclusives = Bullshit.

Sorry this seems like a sort of Early-Kendo post (and no offense to kendo, but his early posts were spamtastic lol), but I needed to get this out and hope no one else gets pulled into this kind of bullsh*t.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Console wars is good in some ways.It is entertaining and has compitition.Compititon is good for the inustry.But yea,the console wars are generally pointless.

Back to top Go down
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I'd say its silly but entertaining nonetheless
Back to top Go down
*LuvinFuu*
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:45 pm

I say just stop with the Console War mess and just enjoy the games..
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/LuvinFuu
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:47 pm

good point but without console wars theres no point in companies making killer games they could just release any old crap
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:37 pm

The console wars are dumb but they are entertaining. I talk trash about PS3 on this forum but its mostly just to piss off the PS3 fanboys that lurk here and read this forum. For me its pure fun and entertainment. I admit that I do enjoy the guilty pleasure of angering those who do take it seriously. But getting all worked up over a piece of plastic is pretty retarded. Neither Sony nor MS are giving us any paychecks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:00 pm

I dont mind debating console vs console (I enjoy debating), but the actual fanboy console war is just stupid. I just play the damn games I want to.
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:04 pm

actually the console war is fun DW.but i think it gets old too fast if you are obsessed with it,just play the games and enjoy your consoles..and as for the multiplat game..i bet you were talking about mass effect 2 right? hehe.the biggest difference between us and the ps3 fanboys is that we dont care if mass effect 2 comes for the ps3,while the ps3 fanboys go apeshit if a game goes multiplat..
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:11 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
I've just realised how much I really seem to care about the console war. It's evidently more than I claim care and more than I'd like to believe.
I found myself, when looking for a new game, specifically looking for an exclusive as opposed to a multiplatform game. Honestly, games I'd even want I'd just ignore if they are multiplatform.
How sad is that? I guess it's been a bit of a rude awakening for me, but at least I've opened my eyes a bit and now I just say f*ck it, I'm gonna buy as many multiplats as I like, just because ps3 fanboys are obsessed with exclusives it doesn't mean I have to as well. Any multiplat is as good as any exclusive.

But yeah, my point is, the console war is pathetic. I can't believe that it actually almost forces me to buy games I may not be interested in or may not have ever considered buying. But even buying exclusives I want is bad if I'm turning down multiplats I like more.
Exclusives = Bullshit.

Sorry this seems like a sort of Early-Kendo post (and no offense to kendo, but his early posts were spamtastic lol), but I needed to get this out and hope no one else gets pulled into this kind of bullsh*t.

Consol wars do ruin gaming, each consol has its strengths and weaknesses, siding with one side is absolutely stupid. Make the best decision for yourself, include whats best for you. I have always had all the consols for the past 3 gens and I have been enjoying them alot, some more then others. Its like why only eat 1 type of icecream when their are many more flavors out their.

I never understood why people would want to stick to one thing, I enjoy my ps3/wii/360 why just enjoy one.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
The console wars are dumb but they are entertaining. I talk trash about PS3 on this forum but its mostly just to piss off the PS3 fanboys that lurk here and read this forum. For me its pure fun and entertainment. I admit that I do enjoy the guilty pleasure of angering those who do take it seriously. But getting all worked up over a piece of plastic is pretty retarded. Neither Sony nor MS are giving us any paychecks.

QFT. But on youtube people insult each other over this thing.
Back to top Go down
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:41 pm

There is some irony with this thread seeing as its posted in the console war section
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:10 pm

*LuvinFuu* wrote:

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:29 pm

The thing I notice about the Console War is that exclusive comparisons are kinda stupid for the most part because like 80% of the two console's exclusives don't matter.
What I mean is that games like Metro 2033, Lost Odyssey, Motorstorm, Yakuza (just to name a few) don't mean much because multiplats like Dragon Age, Bioshock, Dirt, Assassin's Creed , etc, are better anyways. The best some of these non-major exclusives got going for them is that they may be "niche".

With exception of Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza, Left 4 Dead, all other games don't hold much weight when multiplats are better than most of the other exclusives.
The same goes for the PS3 except for Killzone, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo, God of War.
And hell, there are even some multiplats that are just as good or better than some of the previously stated exclusives.

Personally I think the only thing that really matters at this point is online. And that's opinionated cause it matters weather you are comfortable with paying for a better service or are fine with a lesser but free service. And the controller as well.

The only reason I play along with it anymore is cause PS3 fanboys have overrun the internet with their misconceptions and stupidity.

But to be honest I think the PS2 is better than the 360 and PS3 combined.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:44 am

thats why i think of it all from a business point of view. it shoudlnt effect what games I buy. its only a battle between corporations.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:53 am

*LuvinFuu* wrote:
hi there fuu, I had no idea you still visited the republic, i rarely see you on youtube, on topic, the console war exists from a business perspective, from a consumer perspective, it simply means that there are more options which is good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:03 am

AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
*LuvinFuu* wrote:
hi there fuu, I had no idea you still visited the republic, i rarely see you on youtube, on topic, the console war exists from a business perspective, from a consumer perspective, it simply means that there are more options which is good

I did not know you still came here, well if you are just coming back, well, welcome back.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:20 am

Healthy debating is good but its when people take it over the line that pisses me off. Like is it really necessary to be racist to other people when you are talking about what videogame system is better than the other?
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:37 am

When I was at highschool we were all pretty cool discussing consols and games, but take it down to middleschool/freshmens just fucking ignorant fanboys.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:49 am

Some people take it way to seriously and it just gets annoying. I prefer just talking about the news and other random things but i still manage to somehow get into random arguments with crazy people. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:55 am

AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
*LuvinFuu* wrote:
More people are back! cheers
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:37 pm

AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
*LuvinFuu* wrote:

Are you coming back to this forum?I hope you do
Back to top Go down
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
*LuvinFuu* wrote:

I did not know you still came here, well if you are just coming back, well, welcome back.
I came back to Read MLD's article section, its pretty good i completely understand his perspective. I consider myself to be extremely similar to MLD in some aspects, the only difference is that last generation we went separate ways, and here we are.
Back to top Go down
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:42 pm

HellJumper wrote:
AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
*LuvinFuu* wrote:

Hi there hell, yeah I will drop by every now and then, im specially interested in MLD's articles but i know they're long and take a lot of time and effort to make so he doesnt post them too often.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:47 pm

AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
*LuvinFuu* wrote:

Hi there hell, yeah I will drop by every now and then, im specially interested in MLD's articles but i know they're long and take a lot of time and effort to make so he doesnt post them too often.

Oh yes,you might already know this but I was the mod Arbiteris,I just changed my username
Back to top Go down
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:57 pm

HellJumper wrote:
AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
*LuvinFuu* wrote:

Oh yes,you might already know this but I was the mod Arbiteris,I just changed my username
I know, i still have pms from you in my inbox Smile, I stay in touch with MLD via youtube emails
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   

Back to top Go down

The Console War Ruins Gaming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next