This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Console War Ruins Gaming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lt Xplosi
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:49 pm

well said matey!
really i dont care sure i enjoy my Sad dead 360
but that doesnt mean i think that ps3 is the worst
frankley i'd like to enjoy a dead ps3 aswell Smile
get it cuz it is dead last place!!! huhuhu (that was a joke) (ME2 EDi)
nah frankley i think that ps3 have cool games
but still i just like 360 more but you always have 1 favorite
that is why i am posting rarley in this post in this section
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:48 am

The console wars has no effect on what I buy. I look forward to exclusives because they tend to be really great games. But that doesn't stop me from getting the must have multi-plat stuff like Assassin's Creed II and Red Dead Redemption.

The only thing that might persuade me to get a game I'm not really interested in is if all my friends are playing it online.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:55 pm

The console war in general is bullshit. I don't mind friendly debates or anything like that, but when it gets to the point where you're looking out for news to support your console, or you're upset when an exclusive goes multiplat, or anything like that, then it's gone too far.
Back to top Go down
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 pm

TRF wrote:
The console war in general is bullshit. I don't mind friendly debates or anything like that, but when it gets to the point where you're looking out for news to support your console, or you're upset when an exclusive goes multiplat, or anything like that, then it's gone too far.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:56 am

their fun and entertaining but can get annoying when people start spamming and sayin the same shit like RROD, or the 360 got no games which is bs and they know it. also i hate trolls
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:09 am

joe11 wrote:
their fun and entertaining but can get annoying when people start spamming and sayin the same shit like RROD, or the 360 got no games which is bs and they know it. also i hate trolls
Yeah, just like when people say "no games", "last place", etc., "console for kids", "sub-HD", etc., "too expensive", "snobby elitists", "fat nerds with no social life", and "no splitscreen".

It all gets very annoying.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:14 am

TRF wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Yeah, just like when people say "no games", "last place", etc., "console for kids", "sub-HD", etc., "too expensive", "snobby elitists", "fat nerds with no social life", and "no splitscreen".

Well that one is true for the most part.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:18 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
joe11 wrote:

Most consoles nowadays are losing splitscreen. Online is becoming the new thing, and splitscreen is disappearing fast.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:21 am

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
joe11 wrote:

Most consoles nowadays are losing splitscreen. Online is becoming the new thing, and splitscreen is disappearing fast.

Not really, the Call Of Duty games still have split screen, Halo has split screen, Gears has split screen, etc

Yeah it´s disappearing but it´s still sticking with some game franchises.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:00 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
joe11 wrote:

I mean exclusive wise. The main 360 exclusives like Halo, Gears, and Forza have splitscreen. With the PS3 Killzone 2 and Uncharted don't when they easily could. GT5 is the only big PS3 exclusive with splitscreen and it's not even out yet.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:04 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
joe11 wrote:

I mean exclusive wise. The main 360 exclusives like Halo, Gears, and Forza have splitscreen. With the PS3 Killzone 2 and Uncharted don't when they easily could. GT5 is the only big PS3 exclusive with splitscreen and it's not even out yet.
When I said "no splitscreen", I was referring to PC, not PS3, just so we're clear. Yes, very few PS3 exclusives have splitscreen as well, but many multiplats are also losing it, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:20 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
joe11 wrote:

When I said "no splitscreen", I was referring to PC, not PS3, just so we're clear. Yes, very few PS3 exclusives have splitscreen as well, but many multiplats are also losing it, unfortunately.

And it sucks to, because nothing beats sitting on your couch with your friends playing Halo or hell even CoD is fun split screen.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:54 am

i find it exhausting, every week there is something that could wreck your fucking mind. i cant understand how people can seriously get into this sort of thing, it reeks of insecurity "but what if this is more powerful" "what if this game has amazing graphics". i'm sick of reading it now and the problem is it in almost every news or review article on 99% of the gaming websites comment sections or forums, decent gaming conversation is rare now

i'm tired of these people...they could quite easily make you insecure like them if you ever made the mistake of taking it to heart. no fucking way am i going to let insecure pricks tell me how to spend my money or what console i should play games on!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:06 pm

optimusprime wrote:
i find it exhausting, every week there is something that could wreck your fucking mind. i cant understand how people can seriously get into this sort of thing, it reeks of insecurity "but what if this is more powerful" "what if this game has amazing graphics". i'm sick of reading it now and the problem is it in almost every news or review article on 99% of the gaming websites comment sections or forums, decent gaming conversation is rare now

i'm tired of these people...they could quite easily make you insecure like them if you ever made the mistake of taking it to heart. no fucking way am i going to let insecure pricks tell me how to spend my money or what console i should play games on!

Yes, very true.

Good points, and yup...it's really pathetic. I can't believe I actually let this stuff get to me. I honestly don't care anymore. I still join into the console wars for the fun of it. But I know when to stop because at the end of the day, it's all fake.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:30 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

Yes, very true.

Good points, and yup...it's really pathetic. I can't believe I actually let this stuff get to me. I honestly don't care anymore. I still join into the console wars for the fun of it. But I know when to stop because at the end of the day, it's all fake.

I should of said, its not a dig at anyone here as I've been guilty of playing the game as it were, i'm on about say on ign for example next week devil may cry 5 is rumoured to be announced very soon, woo great games lets talk about it, you go into the comment section and its probbaly like this:

comment 1: woo hoo love dmc, hope this true

comment 2: yep although i hope its more like the first/second games

then.....

comment 3: make it ps3 exclusive, blu ray, fuck the xbot3fixme

then bam all hell breaks loose and the comment section is ruined, i know i used ps3 but there are pc,xbox dickheads aswell, it only takes one moron and loads more follow.
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:52 pm

optimusprime wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

Yes, very true.

I should of said, its not a dig at anyone here as I've been guilty of playing the game as it were, i'm on about say on ign for example next week devil may cry 5 is rumoured to be announced very soon, woo great games lets talk about it, you go into the comment section and its probbaly like this:

then.....

then bam all hell breaks loose and the comment section is ruined, i know i used ps3 but there are pc,xbox dickheads aswell, it only takes one moron and loads more follow.

QFT!! i remember seeing the trailer for vanquish at youtube,and one of them says stuff like
"i hope they dont fuck up this game and i also dont want to screw up the ps3 version!!!
when will developers learn that the 360 is a piece of shit and that the ps3 is the best system to make games for"

after that more people will respond to that idiot and whole shitstorm emerges,the comments will be arguments over consoles than talking about the game in general..
why cant people enjoy the games and STFU
Back to top Go down
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:00 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
optimusprime wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

Yes, very true.

then.....

QFT!! i remember seeing the trailer for vanquish at youtube,and one of them says stuff like
"i hope they dont fuck up this game and i also dont want to screw up the ps3 version!!!
when will developers learn that the 360 is a piece of shit and that the ps3 is the best system to make games for"

after that more people will respond to that idiot and whole shitstorm emerges,the comments will be arguments over consoles than talking about the game in general..

cheers YES!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:38 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

Because a majority of people are stupid. But I dont really care, its their loss!
Back to top Go down
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:54 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

Because a majority of people are stupid. But I dont really care, its their loss!

you should care albino
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:39 pm

optimusprime wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

you should care albino

Why? If they wanna ruin their gaming experience than I will let them. I, on the other hand, will enjoy my games.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:45 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
optimusprime wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

you should care albino

Why? If they wanna ruin their gaming experience than I will let them. I, on the other hand, will enjoy my games.

it was a joke Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:21 pm

The console war doesn't ruin anything. Many positive things come out of it. For example, you learn about games you might not have known about before, you learn about each platform (of course this doesn't apply to everyone), and this last one again doesnt apply to everyone, but I've actively charted a time-line indicating Microsoft's true purpose for entering gaming.

Also, the gaming communities actively REFLECT how well the companies are supporting their gamers. In early 2008 or late 2007, N4G was lost to PS3 owners, that was indeed the year that PS3 REALLY turned everything around. Xbox360 owners were shunned, because Microsoft's 2007 E3 conference played up Family Oriented Appeal, but they still had a few great games to release 2008; the fact of the matter was, that the PS3 had just as many great exclusives, but more coming out. Then 2009 hits, Microsoft's E3 shows their casual bait, GeneralMLD hits Youtube, Xbox Republic is created. Since 2009, all three have changed their tunes dramatically. Project Natal turned into Kinect which is a casual MESS, GeneralMLD has changed his arguments, contradicted himself, and shown himself to be hypocritical, and now the Xbox Republic is showing great doubt in their console & Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:26 pm

It's not the Console War's fault. If you single yourself down to one platform, and miss games, that's completely on you. I've actively participated in this console war, and have done flamebait videos, yet I still know about every great game on every system, and I don't ignore multi-plats. Sure, when it comes to arguing which console is better, exclusives are used to fight it, but it's your fault if you let that keep you close-minded and only focused on exclusives.

Assassin's Creed 2 and Mass Effect 2 are better then a lot of exclusives IMO.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:38 pm

I agree, I honestly never heard of Infamous, until the Console War.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Quote :
and now the Xbox Republic is showing great doubt in their console & Microsoft.

nice try...
The only ones who have "doubt in xbox" are those who weren't big xbox fans in the first place. I don't see anyone here rushing out to sell their 360s to get ps3s...

We are displeased with a few of Microsofts decisions but don't act as if we're all
abandoning ship.

We have no reason to have doubt in xbox, this year it's got more
a,aa,aaa games than ps3 overall, in fact by a fairly large margain. Not all retail, downloadable but top quality.
Look at the games!

Dead rising case zero
Limbo
Monday Night Combat
Blacklight tango down (still no ps3 release date amirite?)

just to name a few.

To be honest we have nothing to worry about. We're getting enough games this year to outshine ps3s library this year but in all your posts you keep saying how we're suffering! how Microsoft are an evil corporation and are givin us nothing! Lol youre overexaggerating a lot, just because we don't agree with microsofts
recent actions it doesn't mean we're all going to give up on xbox 360. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   

Back to top Go down

The Console War Ruins Gaming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next