This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Console War Ruins Gaming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Shoke wrote:
It's not the Console War's fault. If you single yourself down to one platform, and miss games, that's completely on you. I've actively participated in this console war, and have done flamebait videos, yet I still know about every great game on every system, and I don't ignore multi-plats. Sure, when it comes to arguing which console is better, exclusives are used to fight it, but it's your fault if you let that keep you close-minded and only focused on exclusives.

Assassin's Creed 2 and Mass Effect 2 are better then a lot of exclusives IMO.

This.

The only game, so far, this gen that has touched ME2 (I loved AC 2 also) is GoW 3. That game is a true masterpiece. I think I should include Gears 1 because when I first played that game I was awe struck.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:47 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :
and now the Xbox Republic is showing great doubt in their console & Microsoft.

nice try...
The only ones who have "doubt in xbox" are those who weren't big xbox fans in the first place. I don't see anyone here rushing out to sell their 360s to get ps3s...

We are displeased with a few of Microsofts decisions but don't act as if we're all
abandoning ship.

We have no reason to have doubt in xbox, this year it's got more
a,aa,aaa games than ps3 overall, in fact by a fairly large margain. Not all retail, downloadable but top quality.
Look at the games!

Dead rising case zero
Limbo
Monday Night Combat
Blacklight tango down (still no ps3 release date amirite?)

just to name a few.

To be honest we have nothing to worry about. We're getting enough games this year to outshine ps3s library this year but in all your posts you keep saying how we're suffering! how Microsoft are an evil corporation and are givin us nothing! Lol youre overexaggerating a lot, just because we don't agree with microsofts
recent actions it doesn't mean we're all going to give up on xbox 360. Razz

Why would I sell my Xbox! I already got a PS3. Razz

In all serious, as much as MS fucked up (my old 360 RROD 3 times!) you still can't doubt its a great system. I still prefer the 360 (XBL and mulit-plats) but when it comes to exclusives, bar GeoW franchise and Halo (although not a big fan of the latter) the PS3 blows the 360 outta the water.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:28 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :

nice try...
The only ones who have "doubt in xbox" are those who weren't big xbox fans in the first place. I don't see anyone here rushing out to sell their 360s to get ps3s...
Do you know what "DOUBT" means? Would doubt indicate that you all would abandon your Xbox360's? No, it merely means you all are starting to reassess your positions & stances. You guys are starting to DOUBT Microsoft. Its pretty evident, like I said before, compare your older posts to the posts we see now!
We are displeased with a few of Microsofts decisions but don't act as if we're all abandoning ship.
Not what I said, son. You must realize, you guys were completely 100% Microsoft Xbox360 programmed until a month or so ago. Mr. Project Natal for example, I'm sure he was very upset about E3. And you, for example, you were the resident "exclusive" list keeper...and cmon, for god's sake, you had BLACK COLLEGE FOOTBALL ON YOUR LIST. XD
a,aa,aaa games than ps3 overall, in fact by a fairly large margain. Not all retail, downloadable but top quality.
Look at the games!

Dead rising case zero
Limbo
Monday Night Combat

just to name a few.
Its good to see that the guy that said "I dont see how Risen was a flop." believes that their console is holding it down with multiplatform games and arcade games. XD PC, Wii, & PS3 have enjoyed a slew of great titles only available on their own platforms.
To be honest we have nothing to worry about. We're getting enough games this year to outshine ps3s library this year but in all your posts you keep saying how we're suffering! how Microsoft are an evil corporation and are givin us nothing! Lol youre overexaggerating a lot, just because we don't agree with microsofts
"We're getting enough games to outshine the PS3 library this year"......lol, game hasn't even released yet, but this guy already has REACH! XD Keep thinking that kiddo. PS3 will get at least 5-6 exclusives before the year is up, while you have 2.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:14 am

Teckno wrote:
I agree, I honestly never heard of Infamous, until the Console War.

I heard of Infamous from a commercial.

EDIT: Consoles wars are retarded because they take gamers minds off the real problems of the industry. Like the increasing shift to multiplayer from engrossing plotlines and immersion.

Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:34 am

Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :

nice try...
Do you know what "DOUBT" means? Would doubt indicate that you all would abandon your Xbox360's? No, it merely means you all are starting to reassess your positions & stances. You guys are starting to DOUBT Microsoft. Its pretty evident, like I said before, compare your older posts to the posts we see now!
We are displeased with a few of Microsofts decisions but don't act as if we're all abandoning ship.
Not what I said, son. You must realize, you guys were completely 100% Microsoft Xbox360 programmed until a month or so ago. Mr. Project Natal for example, I'm sure he was very upset about E3. And you, for example, you were the resident "exclusive" list keeper...and cmon, for god's sake, you had BLACK COLLEGE FOOTBALL ON YOUR LIST. XD
Look at the games!

Dead rising case zero
Limbo
Monday Night Combat

just to name a few.
Its good to see that the guy that said "I dont see how Risen was a flop." believes that their console is holding it down with multiplatform games and arcade games. XD PC, Wii, & PS3 have enjoyed a slew of great titles only available on their own platforms.
"We're getting enough games to outshine the PS3 library this year"......lol, game hasn't even released yet, but this guy already has REACH! XD Keep thinking that kiddo. PS3 will get at least 5-6 exclusives before the year is up, while you have 2.

there is little doubt, if anything ppl like you are trying to implant thoughts.

when its said and done, the xbox 360 is an amazing console that delievers better multiplats, way more quality current gen downloadable titles, the #1 online service, and delievers many games that are either exclusive, or multiplat but not available on PS3.

people still putting so much emphasis on exclusives is what is really ruining gaming.

At least 360 gamers show multiplats some love like 360/PC games............where as any pS3 title that isnt exclusive is dismissed as total garbage. gimme a break.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:45 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :

nice try...

We are displeased with a few of Microsofts decisions but don't act as if we're all
abandoning ship.

Look at the games!

Dead rising case zero
Limbo
Monday Night Combat

just to name a few.

You just made a thread on how the console war ruins gaming, and now you're arguing typical 360 fanboy arguments. Either stay in it or not.

GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :

nice try...
Look at the games!

Dead rising case zero
Limbo
Monday Night Combat

just to name a few.

when its said and done, the xbox 360 is an amazing console that delievers better multiplats, way more quality current gen downloadable titles, the #1 online service, and delievers many games that are either exclusive, or multiplat but not available on PS3.

people still putting so much emphasis on exclusives is what is really ruining gaming.

At least 360 gamers show multiplats some love like 360/PC games............where as any pS3 title that isnt exclusive is dismissed as total garbage. gimme a break.
Don't act like 360 fanboys are any better than PS3 fanboys. PS3 fanboys don't dismiss multiplats, and 360 fanboys only appreciate the 360/PC games as "exclusives". All fanboys are a rotten bunch. PS3 fanboys and 360 fanboys are exactly alike, aside from their preference.

Yes, I've seen people here display doubt in Microsoft. Don't blame that on anyone BUT Microsoft. No one was trying to implant thoughts. All it took was for Microsoft to announce that they were raising the LIVE price for most people to start doubting them. I'm surprised people didn't doubt them earlier. I personally can't stand Microsoft (or at least their gaming division).
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:46 am

Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :

nice try...
Look at the games!

Dead rising case zero
Limbo
Monday Night Combat

just to name a few.

What Generalmld said pretty much sums up my response.

You're taking some stance in which you believe if a game is not exclusive it is not valid. Well I take another stance so maybe a debate between us won't work because our beliefs are somewhat "incompatible". I say a game is a game. If 360 has more A,AA and AAA games than ps3, I don't check to see how many are what you'd label "exclusives". If I can play them on 360, it's counts. You're acting as if every single system is against 360. "The games on 360 I can't play on ps3 I can play on wii, the games on 360 I can't play on wii on ps3 I can play on pc!"
You happen to have all systems, then fine....good for you.
But if everyone was like that, the console war most likely wouldn't exist. Console war is there for people to boost the popularity of their favourite system so that people will buy that over the other. And in any industry, games included, companys target their product at people in a way like they don't own a gaming system already. And if everyone owned multiple systems, why would multiplatform games even exist?

The fact is, you take a different console war stance to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:48 am

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :

nice try...

abandoning ship.

Look at the games!

Dead rising case zero
Limbo
Monday Night Combat

just to name a few.

You just made a thread on how the console war ruins gaming, and now you're arguing typical 360 fanboy arguments. Either stay in it or not.

My point was that if you take the console war seriously it can affect you and your decisions.
I'm not taking it seriously, I'm just joining in for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:13 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :

nice try...

abandoning ship.

Look at the games!

Dead rising case zero
Limbo
Monday Night Combat

just to name a few.

GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :

nice try...
Look at the games!

Dead rising case zero
Limbo
Monday Night Combat

just to name a few.

Don't act like 360 fanboys are any better than PS3 fanboys. PS3 fanboys don't dismiss multiplats, and 360 fanboys only appreciate the 360/PC games as "exclusives". All fanboys are a rotten bunch. PS3 fanboys and 360 fanboys are exactly alike, aside from their preference.

Yes, I've seen people here display doubt in Microsoft. Don't blame that on anyone BUT Microsoft. No one was trying to implant thoughts. All it took was for Microsoft to announce that they were raising the LIVE price for most people to start doubting them. I'm surprised people didn't doubt them earlier. I personally can't stand Microsoft (or at least their gaming division).

fair enough, there is bound to be some doubt since the Live price hike (allthough its always been 60 where I live). Whether 360 gamers think 360/pc games are exclusive or not, fact remains they buy them just like an actual exclusive, and they usually sell more then the average PS3 exclusive (ME1, L4D1/2, etc). That to me says at least were open to buying multiplats more then ps3 gamers, which again, shit on anything that isnt labelled a exclusive (except the exceptions like COD, Assassins Creed, Fallout, etc).

But its nothing compared to the amount of doubt Sony generated this whole gen with their dwindling 3rd party support, late after late port after the 360 versions enjoys most of the sales, inferior after inferior multiplat (mafia 2 being most recent), PSN still being an inferior joke to LIVE, the mandatory hard drive installs and the overall feeling that Sony fell from the top and aint #1 no more.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Quote :
fair enough, there is bound to be some doubt since the Live price hike (allthough its always been 60 where I live). Whether 360 gamers think 360/pc games are exclusive or not, fact remains they buy them just like an actual exclusive, and they usually sell more then the average PS3 exclusive (ME1, L4D1/2, etc). That to me says at least were open to buying multiplats more then ps3 gamers, which again, shit on anything that isnt labelled a exclusive (except the exceptions like COD, Assassins Creed, Fallout, etc).

But its nothing compared to the amount of doubt Sony generated this whole gen with their dwindling 3rd party support, late after late port after the 360 versions enjoys most of the sales, inferior after inferior multiplat (mafia 2 being most recent), PSN still being an inferior joke to LIVE, the mandatory hard drive installs and the overall feeling that Sony fell from the top and aint #1 no more.

One thing you guys got to understand is that one of the main reasons people buy PS3's is for the actual exclusives. It may sound ridiculous and fanboyish, but it's true. And PS3 exclusives cover MANY genres: TPS with Uncharted 2, Action Hack-n-Slash with GOWIII, creation with LBP, FPS with Killzone, MAG, and Resistance, strategy with Valk Chronicles, Racing with GT5, Stealth Action with MGS4, etc. See what Im saying?

And let's be honest here, 360 exclusives don't branch out into the other genres that much. I think we can all agree that most 360 exclusives fall under the Shooter genre (with the exception of the Forza and Fable series, and Lost Odyssey), so you guys are forced to branch out into multi-plats in order to get a more varied gaming experience.

I know that sounded fanboyish, and I know Im going to get flamed for that, but that my friends, is the truth.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Which fanboys are worst is just opinion. They're not equally bad because then that would be an opinion as well.
Back to top Go down
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Pickles wrote:
Which fanboys are worst is just opinion. They're not equally bad because then that would be an opinion as well.

All are bad, but I think we can all agree that Wii fanboys are the least-aggressive (with the exception of me and ThaBlackBaron) xD. PS3 and 360 fanboys go at eachother's throats all the time, and PC fanboys run around like some rich spoiled kids talking about how they're superior (although they at least have a good reason to)
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Shoke wrote:
Pickles wrote:

All are bad, but I think we can all agree that Wii fanboys are the least-aggressive (with the exception of me and ThaBlackBaron) xD. PS3 and 360 fanboys go at eachother's throats all the time, and PC fanboys run around like some rich spoiled kids talking about how they're superior (although they at least have a good reason to)

Well that is your opinion and that is good.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:35 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
I don't get the logic there. 360/PC multiplats sell more than PS3 exclusives, I get that. What does that have to do with PS3 multiplats?

Talk about dwindling third-party support. The 360 has lost a ton of third-party support recently. As for third-party multiplat, Sony has been receiving more third-party support in terms of multiplatform titles as of late, although frankly, if I want a game, I don't care who made it or where it's from. When was the last late port? There's Mass Effect 2, but what came before that? As for the inferior multiplats, there's never a huge difference, at least not enough for the gamer to care, and it's been like that this entire gen. There are a few exceptions, but they're few and far between. Yeah, PSN is inferior to LIVE, but you get what you pay for. Mandatory installs honestly don't occur as often as you would think. As for Sony still being in third place . . . who gives a crap? Obviously gamers should care about sales to an extent, but as long as Sony isn't in the position SEGA was last gen, they're in a good position. Besides, the difference is what, a little less than four million now? Compared to other generations, the difference is almost non-existent. I don't know how Microsoft's incredibly minuscule lead over Sony says anything about the gamer. Personally, I think upping the price of LIVE while adding features that were said to have been free, putting out products like the memory cards and HD-DVD drives, and putting out a faulty console at the beginning of this gen are far worse than anything Sony has done.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:58 pm

yep, the worst thing about the ps3 is the endless amount of pubeless fanboy cretins that spout complete garbage about it on the internet, its a great system and so is the 360.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:38 am

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
I don't get the logic there. 360/PC multiplats sell more than PS3 exclusives, I get that. What does that have to do with PS3 multiplats?

Talk about dwindling third-party support. The 360 has lost a ton of third-party support recently. As for third-party multiplat, Sony has been receiving more third-party support in terms of multiplatform titles as of late, although frankly, if I want a game, I don't care who made it or where it's from. When was the last late port? There's Mass Effect 2, but what came before that? As for the inferior multiplats, there's never a huge difference, at least not enough for the gamer to care, and it's been like that this entire gen. There are a few exceptions, but they're few and far between. Yeah, PSN is inferior to LIVE, but you get what you pay for. Mandatory installs honestly don't occur as often as you would think. As for Sony still being in third place . . . who gives a crap? Obviously gamers should care about sales to an extent, but as long as Sony isn't in the position SEGA was last gen, they're in a good position. Besides, the difference is what, a little less than four million now? Compared to other generations, the difference is almost non-existent. I don't know how Microsoft's incredibly minuscule lead over Sony says anything about the gamer. Personally, I think upping the price of LIVE while adding features that were said to have been free, putting out products like the memory cards and HD-DVD drives, and putting out a faulty console at the beginning of this gen are far worse than anything Sony has done.

nope I find 360 still gets a ton of 3rd party support, at least compared to last gen, which was my origional point. fact remains sony lost a shit ton of support compared to last gen. well the last thing would be the Modern warfare DLC, while not a full game is still the DLC to the biggest selling game of 2009. doesnt matter if the difference between multiplats is small..........the point is that there IS a difference to begin with, which is downright embarassing. sony being in third place..........fanboys give a crap. You may not be a fanboy so it doesnt concern you but lol people do care. MS lead says nothing about the gamer, rather just how low Sony as a competitor has fallen. MS may have done some things this gen........but IMO it doesnt even begin to touch Sonys monopoly last gen......choking the life out of all competition and almost ruining the industry.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:53 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

nope I find 360 still gets a ton of 3rd party support, at least compared to last gen, which was my origional point. fact remains sony lost a shit ton of support compared to last gen. well the last thing would be the Modern warfare DLC, while not a full game is still the DLC to the biggest selling game of 2009. doesnt matter if the difference between multiplats is small..........the point is that there IS a difference to begin with, which is downright embarassing. sony being in third place..........fanboys give a crap. You may not be a fanboy so it doesnt concern you but lol people do care. MS lead says nothing about the gamer, rather just how low Sony as a competitor has fallen. MS may have done some things this gen........but IMO it doesnt even begin to touch Sonys monopoly last gen......choking the life out of all competition and almost ruining the industry.

SamuelTehGeek talked about how Sony's monopoly was ruining gaming. He said if you weaken the competition(gamecube) or kill(dreamcast) the competition, then you ruin innovation, or something like that.

The only reason PSN improved, he said, was because there was something better. Xbox Live.

I think it's probably why Microsoft published Alan Wake. Sony was just taking more chances with their games so MS did the same thing with Alan Wake. It didn't really pay off in terms of sales but then neither did Heavy Rain. However, Alan Wake has been called a pinnacle in non-ridiculous video game storytelling. One of the guys from GamesRadar has even said that it has had the best storytelling in years.

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:46 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Look at all of the 360/PC games, though. The ones you mentioned, like Left 4 Dead and Mass Effect . . . those aren't going to be 360/PC anymore. BioWare and Valve have left that market, and they were arguable Microsoft's best third-party supporters. Yeah, the 360 has early map packs in Call of Duty, but that's lousy third-party support when you compare it to the exclusive content EA and Ubisoft are giving the PS3 versions of their games (mostly EA). I don't care about which sells better, but I'm sure most gamers would prefer extra FREE exclusive content instead of content they have to pay for and the other console will get a month later. Instead of working out that deal with Activision, they should have been securing more exclusives, first-party or third-party. The difference between multiplats isn't really big enough to be embarrassing. Many times, Metacritic (which I don't like using, but you do, so I'll use it) only rates the games a point or two apart, which really means they're the same quality (the differences are due to reviews like OXM and OPM; most reviewers write one review for every version, unless there's a monumental difference). I've never met a fanboy other than Pyro2000x who cared about PS3's sales. Most of the time they say "Sales don't mean anything." Of course, if the PS3 does outsell the 360, I know they'll turn that argument around, just like 360 fanboys will, and they'll basically trade stances. As for Sony's operations last gen, well, who wouldn't want to own a PS2? It has the biggest library of games out of any console in the history of gaming. It's not like Sony cheated their way into first place. They made a truly great product that everyone wanted to buy. I see nothing wrong with that, unless I'm missing something. I'm not saying that Sony is a perfect company, I've got a few issues with them, but they generally do things fairly.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:46 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Look at all of the 360/PC games, though. The ones you mentioned, like Left 4 Dead and Mass Effect . . . those aren't going to be 360/PC anymore. BioWare and Valve have left that market, and they were arguable Microsoft's best third-party supporters. Yeah, the 360 has early map packs in Call of Duty, but that's lousy third-party support when you compare it to the exclusive content EA and Ubisoft are giving the PS3 versions of their games (mostly EA). I don't care about which sells better, but I'm sure most gamers would prefer extra FREE exclusive content instead of content they have to pay for and the other console will get a month later. Instead of working out that deal with Activision, they should have been securing more exclusives, first-party or third-party. The difference between multiplats isn't really big enough to be embarrassing. Many times, Metacritic (which I don't like using, but you do, so I'll use it) only rates the games a point or two apart, which really means they're the same quality (the differences are due to reviews like OXM and OPM; most reviewers write one review for every version, unless there's a monumental difference). I've never met a fanboy other than Pyro2000x who cared about PS3's sales. Most of the time they say "Sales don't mean anything." Of course, if the PS3 does outsell the 360, I know they'll turn that argument around, just like 360 fanboys will, and they'll basically trade stances. As for Sony's operations last gen, well, who wouldn't want to own a PS2? It has the biggest library of games out of any console in the history of gaming. It's not like Sony cheated their way into first place. They made a truly great product that everyone wanted to buy. I see nothing wrong with that, unless I'm missing something. I'm not saying that Sony is a perfect company, I've got a few issues with them, but they generally do things fairly.

L4D1 and L4D2 are still 360/PC only. ME1 is still X360/PC only. And the fact that one of EA's highest rated game (ME2) was 360/PC exclusive for a year or so is no defeat to the X360. As MLD stated before 3rd party exclusives AND 3rd pary timed exclusives both essentially do the same thing, they keep the competition out of the marketshare. When ME2 or the GTA expansions went to the PS3, Microsoft didn't "loose" support. Timed exclusivity is essentially what they agreed upon! So I see that as a flaw in your arguement.

Microsoft has done pretty shit things this generation (RROD and defunct HD DVD). But you know what? They've gotten their shit together over the years. Some of the biggest issues I've had with Sony since the beginning of this generation (PSN's and PS3 multiplat's inferiority) are still there (improved ofcourse, but still). Another thing, you can blame the competitors for the price of XBL. Microsoft can and will justify the pricing if their competition's services can't even match theirs.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

L4D1 and L4D2 are still 360/PC only. ME1 is still X360/PC only. And the fact that one of EA's highest rated game (ME2) was 360/PC exclusive for a year or so is no defeat to the X360. As MLD stated before 3rd party exclusives AND 3rd pary timed exclusives both essentially do the same thing, they keep the competition out of the marketshare. When ME2 or the GTA expansions went to the PS3, Microsoft didn't "loose" support. Timed exclusivity is essentially what they agreed upon! So I see that as a flaw in your arguement.

Microsoft has done pretty shit things this generation (RROD and defunct HD DVD). But you know what? They've gotten their shit together over the years. Some of the biggest issues I've had with Sony since the beginning of this generation (PSN's and PS3 multiplat's inferiority) are still there (improved ofcourse, but still). Another thing, you can blame the competitors for the price of XBL. Microsoft can and will justify the pricing if their competition's services can't even match theirs.
Perhaps I worded the bold section poorly. I meant that the developers have broken away from those 360/PC "exclusives". As for the timed exclusivity, it doesn't seem like proper support. If I were looking for a console in 2011, I would not immediately flock to the 360 for GTA or Mass Effect, however, I would immediately flock to the PS3 for exclusive content in EA multiplats, Quantic Dream titles, Level 5 titles, inFAMOUS, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, etc. I personally don't think Microsoft has "gotten their shit together over the years". They raise the price of XBL with no justification whatsoever. I don't blame the competition. Why should I? M$ doesn't need to charge the prices they do in order to make their service what it is. They're already making money from all of the ads that are on Xbox LIVE.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:50 pm

The Console War is fun, I don't see how it should be taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:54 pm

BlackBusterCritic wrote:
Agreed BlackBusterCritic....
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:32 pm

PhunkGamer wrote:
BlackBusterCritic wrote:
Agreed BlackBusterCritic....
I'm not BlackBusterCritic...
I'm Teckno.
Epic Fail Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:41 am

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Perhaps I worded the bold section poorly. I meant that the developers have broken away from those 360/PC "exclusives". As for the timed exclusivity, it doesn't seem like proper support. If I were looking for a console in 2011, I would not immediately flock to the 360 for GTA or Mass Effect, however, I would immediately flock to the PS3 for exclusive content in EA multiplats, Quantic Dream titles, Level 5 titles, inFAMOUS, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, etc. I personally don't think Microsoft has "gotten their shit together over the years". They raise the price of XBL with no justification whatsoever. I don't blame the competition. Why should I? M$ doesn't need to charge the prices they do in order to make their service what it is. They're already making money from all of the ads that are on Xbox LIVE.

Broken away? I still fail to see how that makes sense. You are trying to tell me that the X360 is LOOSING 3rd party support, when that is NOT true. Alot of X360/PC titles have been released in this year, so no they are not "breaking away". The X360 has ALWAYS had a great amount of 3rd party support, the PS3 JUST NOW AFTER 4 YEARS is getting adequate 3rd part support.

Then the part about "if I were looking for a console in 2011" is just stupid, I mean REALLY stupid. You list a bunch of exclusives for the PS3 side then a bunch of multiplats for the X360 side. The X360 has a lineup of 1st/3rd party exclusives as well, if you aren't forgetting. Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza Motorsport, Alan Wake, etc. So your comment is subjective and makes you come off as a major PS3 fanboy.

They raise the price of XBL BECAUSE of the fact that they provide the best online service. If PSN was on par with Live, do you think MS would be stupid enough to raise the price of Live? Ofcourse not! That's an insanely stupid business move that would turn away consumers.

P.S. What the hell is Quantic Dream?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:55 am

Alan1994 wrote:
Broken away? I still fail to see how that makes sense. You are trying to tell me that the X360 is LOOSING 3rd party support, when that is NOT true. Alot of X360/PC titles have been released in this year, so no they are not "breaking away". The X360 has ALWAYS had a great amount of 3rd party support, the PS3 JUST NOW AFTER 4 YEARS is getting adequate 3rd part support.
Yeah, the 360 got the support this year, but I don't expect it to last. BioWare and Valve, two of Microsoft's biggest third-party contributors, are no longer going to make 360/PC games. I doubt Ubisoft is going to put out another Splinter Cell on 360 and PC only. The 360 might still get games like Risen and Divinity 2, but those are incredibly lazy and sloppy ports.

Then the part about "if I were looking for a console in 2011" is just stupid, I mean REALLY stupid. You list a bunch of exclusives for the PS3 side then a bunch of multiplats for the X360 side. The X360 has a lineup of 1st/3rd party exclusives as well, if you aren't forgetting. Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza Motorsport, Alan Wake, etc. So your comment is subjective and makes you come off as a major PS3 fanboy.
I was comparing the PS3's third-party support with the 360's. Perhaps including exclusives was unfair and unnecessary, but my point still remains with the EA multiplats (and actually, some Ubisoft multiplats). They have true exclusive content, while the 360's "exclusive" content is generally timed, which was ultimately the point I was trying to make. Let me say it again, then, properly this time: if one was buying a console in 2011, the PS3 would have more third-party support, since, at that point, ME2 would be on PS3, GTAIV:EFLC is on PS3, etc., while Medal of Honor and Dead Space would still have the extra games on the Blu-Ray disc for free.

They raise the price of XBL BECAUSE of the fact that they provide the best online service. If PSN was on par with Live, do you think MS would be stupid enough to raise the price of Live? Ofcourse not! That's an insanely stupid business move that would turn away consumers.
So because of the fact that they provide a good online service, they are allowed to charge us more whenever they please because they know the competition can't match them? That's lousy.

P.S. What the hell is Quantic Dream?
The developer who made the excellent Heavy Rain. They'll most likely make Horizons a PS3 exclusive (if they haven't announced that it would be already). If you wanna check out their brilliance, try out Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit for the Xbox, PS2, or PC. Wink
Besides, the PS3 has a ton of first-party support to fall back on should their third-party support not work. I'm sure you know that third-party exclusive support is dwindling for every company, since it's more economical to put a game on 360 and PS3. The 360 barely has any first-party support, and of what they do have, only a few studios are working on core games.

Last edited by TRF on Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   

Back to top Go down

The Console War Ruins Gaming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next