This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Console War Ruins Gaming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:58 am

TRF-is-Obese wrote:
PhunkGamer wrote:
BlackBusterCritic wrote:
The Console War is fun, I don't see how it should be taken seriously.
Agreed BlackBusterCritic....
I'm not BlackBusterCritic...
I'm Teckno.
Epic Fail Laughing
But take a look at whose username I quoted....URS!! BlackBusterCritic.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:08 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Broken away? I still fail to see how that makes sense. You are trying to tell me that the X360 is LOOSING 3rd party support, when that is NOT true. Alot of X360/PC titles have been released in this year, so no they are not "breaking away". The X360 has ALWAYS had a great amount of 3rd party support, the PS3 JUST NOW AFTER 4 YEARS is getting adequate 3rd part support.
Yeah, the 360 got the support this year, but I don't expect it to last. BioWare and Valve, two of Microsoft's biggest third-party contributors, are no longer going to make 360/PC games. I doubt Ubisoft is going to put out another Splinter Cell on 360 and PC only. The 360 might still get games like Risen and Divinity 2, but those are incredibly lazy and sloppy ports.

Then the part about "if I were looking for a console in 2011" is just stupid, I mean REALLY stupid. You list a bunch of exclusives for the PS3 side then a bunch of multiplats for the X360 side. The X360 has a lineup of 1st/3rd party exclusives as well, if you aren't forgetting. Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza Motorsport, Alan Wake, etc. So your comment is subjective and makes you come off as a major PS3 fanboy.
I was comparing the PS3's third-party support with the 360's. Perhaps including exclusives was unfair and unnecessary, but my point still remains with the EA multiplats (and actually, some Ubisoft multiplats). They have true exclusive content, while the 360's "exclusive" content is generally timed, which was ultimately the point I was trying to make. Let me say it again, then, properly this time: if one was buying a console in 2011, the PS3 would have more third-party support, since, at that point, ME2 would be on PS3, GTAIV:EFLC is on PS3, etc., while Medal of Honor and Dead Space would still have the extra games on the Blu-Ray disc for free.

They raise the price of XBL BECAUSE of the fact that they provide the best online service. If PSN was on par with Live, do you think MS would be stupid enough to raise the price of Live? Ofcourse not! That's an insanely stupid business move that would turn away consumers.
So because of the fact that they provide a good online service, they are allowed to charge us more whenever they please because they know the competition can't match them? That's lousy.

P.S. What the hell is Quantic Dream?
The developer who made Heavy Rain. They'll most likely make Horizons a PS3 exclusive (if they haven't announced that it would be already. If you wanna check out their brilliance, try out Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit for the Xbox, PS2, or PC. :wink:
Besides, the PS3 has a ton of first-party support to fall back on should their third-party support not work. I'm sure you know that third-party exclusive support is dwindling for every company, since it's more economical to put a game on 360 and PS3. The 360 barely has any first-party support, and of what they do have, only a few studios are working on core games.

PLEASE listen. I did not say, in ANY way that the PS3 does not have 3rd party support now. You are saying that the X360 is LOOSING 3rd party support. How is that true? Because of 1 or 2 EA games that are getting exclusive content? Are you seriously forgetting the fact that half the X360's exclusives COME FROM 3rd party developers. Epic Games with the Gears of War series, Remedy with the Alan Wake series, Bungie with the Microsoft Owned Halo series, and in the future "Codename Kingdom" from Crytec. Microsoft strives and thrives off of 3rd party content. A very small porportion of that content is "timed". Saying Mass Effect 2's inevitable coming to the PS3 is a sign of the X360 loosing 3rd party support is again, stupid. Or wait, when Valve says the PS3 is a decent enough console to develop on I guess that means it's the end of the X360 amirite?

The bolded part about XBL: YES, it's lousy, but it's true. I don't like it, you don't like it, no one likes it. But that's their honest-to-God justification of XBL's price being raised. Besides, they use to charge 50 bucks during the Xbox 1 days when XBL had like no features. If this was Activision or EA the price would probably be 100 bucks by now.

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
PLEASE listen. I did not say, in ANY way that the PS3 does not have 3rd party support now. You are saying that the X360 is LOOSING 3rd party support. How is that true? Because of 1 or 2 EA games that are getting exclusive content? Are you seriously forgetting the fact that half the X360's exclusives COME FROM 3rd party developers. Epic Games with the Gears of War series, Remedy with the Alan Wake series, Bungie with the Microsoft Owned Halo series, and in the future "Codename Kingdom" from Crytec. Microsoft strives and thrives off of 3rd party content. A very small porportion of that content is "timed". Saying Mass Effect 2's inevitable coming to the PS3 is a sign of the X360 loosing 3rd party support is again, stupid. Or wait, when Valve says the PS3 is a decent enough console to develop on I guess that means it's the end of the X360 amirite?
Epic Games and Bungie are done with Microsoft. Gears of War 3 is the last Gears of War game, and Epic has been working with EA as of late (like with Bulletstorm). Bungie is signing on with Activision. Remedy and Crytek are two odd exceptions, where a multiplatform developer struck a deal with a console manufacturer. In any case, two of the four developers you mentioned are going multiplatform. Actually, Epic started out this gen as multiplatform.

The bolded part about XBL: YES, it's lousy, but it's true. I don't like it, you don't like it, no one likes it. But that's their honest-to-God justification of XBL's price being raised. Besides, they use to charge 50 bucks during the Xbox 1 days when XBL had like no features. If this was Activision or EA the price would probably be 100 bucks by now.
They can have that justification if they want, and I can wholeheartedly disagree with it, which is what I am doing now. Since we both dislike and disapprove of the price raise, we should probably drop the subject altogether since there's no point discussing it.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Hey TRF,how do you know that epic are done with MS?Epic have stated that they are very happy with their MS relation and that they have had huge success with MS

Bulletstorm is made by a studio "People can fly" which is a studio made and owned by Epic games.Not epic themselves.So after Gears 3 is done Epic games might start making another exclusive.and also,Cliffy B said they havnt decided on whether Gears 3 will be the last gears.He said that "gamers dotn like trilogies" and that the studio hasnt decided on whether there will be a gears 4 or not.

Who knows,epic might be making another shadow complex too exclusive to XBL.

We know Bungie is siging with activision but have they confirmed that their next game will be on ps3?It probally will,but in the mean time we just have to wait and see
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:49 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Epic Games and Bungie are done with Microsoft. Gears of War 3 is the last Gears of War game, and Epic has been working with EA as of late (like with Bulletstorm). Bungie is signing on with Activision. Remedy and Crytek are two odd exceptions, where a multiplatform developer struck a deal with a console manufacturer. In any case, two of the four developers you mentioned are going multiplatform. Actually, Epic started out this gen as multiplatform.

They can have that justification if they want, and I can wholeheartedly disagree with it, which is what I am doing now. Since we both dislike and disapprove of the price raise, we should probably drop the subject altogether since there's no point discussing it.

Gears 3 isn't the last Gears game. Epic have stated their interests in doing a Gears of War prequel during the Pendulum era. The devs I stated are 3rd party developers. They have always been multiplatform developers, with the exception of Bungie who started as 1st party devs. Mentioning the fact that they have worked on/ are working on multiplat projects is irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:18 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Gears 3 isn't the last Gears game. Epic have stated their interests in doing a Gears of War prequel during the Pendulum era. The devs I stated are 3rd party developers. They have always been multiplatform developers, with the exception of Bungie who started as 1st party devs. Mentioning the fact that they have worked on/ are working on multiplat projects is irrelevant.
It's more economical to work multiplatform. Yeah, my saying Bungie and Epic are going multiplat is a prediction, but I've got quite good reason for thinking it.

@HJ: I'm sure Bungie's multiplat will be on PS3. This is Activision publishing it, after all.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:47 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

It's more economical to work multiplatform. Yeah, my saying Bungie and Epic are going multiplat is a prediction, but I've got quite good reason for thinking it.

@HJ: I'm sure Bungie's multiplat will be on PS3. This is Activision publishing it, after all.

Bungie and Epic ARE multiplat developers. That's what 3rd party developers are. They've had PS3 development kits for quite sometime now.

I'm just saying that Epic will most likely keep a good relationship with Microsoft for future Gears of War games. And I know for sure Microsoft will never let a console seller like Gears of War go to the competiton.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Bungie and Epic ARE multiplat developers. That's what 3rd party developers are. They've had PS3 development kits for quite sometime now.

I'm just saying that Epic will most likely keep a good relationship with Microsoft for future Gears of War games. And I know for sure Microsoft will never let a console seller like Gears of War go to the competiton.
Actually they're 2nd party if they're with a 1st party publisher.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Last edited by Alan1994 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Freemon wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Actually they're 2nd party if they're with a 1st party publisher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development_part
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:18 am

The one thing I can't stand about the console wars is that if you mention an exclusive as your favorite game, you're automatically labeled a fanboy. I don't remember ever calling some one a fanboy for liking Sonic, but sadly, that's the way it works now. At least on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Console War Ruins Gaming   

Back to top Go down

The Console War Ruins Gaming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4