This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 681
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 23
Location : None of Your Business!

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Xiammes wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

name me ONE sony IP has has a freaking ENCYCLOPEDIA............


May I ask what do you mean by Encyclopedia? Like an actual book? If thats what it is then that isn't really that much. Their are games that have a much more vast storyline on all sides of the consol war.

Just some examples of games I believe to have more complicated/better story lines then halo

Final Fantasy 7 series(not the best story line but has alot put into it)
Resident Evil series(personally RE5 ruined the entire story for me)
Metroid series(not the best story telling in the world but if you pay attention their is alot that goes into these games)
Kingdom Hearts series(fucking huge storyline, so confusing that it makes your head hurt trying to comprehend all of it)
Metal Gear Series(best story telling imo, playing the game series from the begining will always keep you guessing from start to finish)
Rachet and Clank series(not much to go into here, I just like its story)

I loved Halo's story up till the 3d game, it just felt rushed to me and lost all the momentum halo 2 had for me.







not to be rude but none of those games are 1st party Sony. You still didnt address my question. No sony owned IP has a vast story that warrants a encyclopedia just to keep track of it all.

and by seeing your post, you are in no way aware of the non-gaming material that shapes the Halo universe.

If you want one I guess I'll say MGS, halo has books that I have neglected to read( I have talked to friends who have the books so I get the general idea) but MGS is far more complex and had a whole game dedicated to explaining its entire plot. For the MGS is no longer and exclusive, the new game is Metal Gear Raiden which will not feature the series main character and will be drastically differant from the previous games.

Halo story has alot going on for it, but its not complex from everything I have seen and read.
MGS is not owned by Sony. Its owned by Konami. So... fail!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:13 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
It was funny when he said master chief sounds like captian cool or king awesome, its so true, i have always hated that name.

Anyway, halo does have a good backstory but thats probubly because microsoft put so much money into it because it was there only good game last gen. PS3 games usually have good backstories and they are becomming more common like heavy rain, uncharted and mass effect

I think you have the terms a bit mixed up. Heavy Rain and Uncharted may have good stories, but (as far as I am aware of) don't really have any backstory at all. It all the extra effort that Microsoft puts to expand the fiction of this universe that makes it so great. Oh and Mass Effect is still primarily associated with XBOX even though it is on PS3 now.

the back stories for heavy rain arnt big but the characters still have it but its only one game so it doesnt have much but its more than single games usually get. And uncharteds backstory is getting bigger, they will probably have a 3rd game and novels and a movie are being released for the game so in the near future it will have a much bigger backstory. And i know mass effect is assosiated with the xbox at the moment, i was just saying random games that had a good backstory (i admit heavy rain was a bad choice lol)
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:04 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
It was funny when he said master chief sounds like captian cool or king awesome, its so true, i have always hated that name.

Anyway, halo does have a good backstory but thats probubly because microsoft put so much money into it because it was there only good game last gen. PS3 games usually have good backstories and they are becomming more common like heavy rain, uncharted and mass effect

Um, Mass Effect isn't even a 1st or 2nd party Sony title, and the 1st game isn't even on the PS3.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Mass Effect has a great backstory. Heavy Rain and Uncharted, not so much (although they still have great stories). I could see Uncharted developing into somewhat of a universe, but certainly not Heavy Rain (although anything's possible).

The Halo games are saved by the backstory (written by other people). The games themselves have shallow stories and Master Chief is a generally unlikable, and again, shallow character.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
avatar

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Does anyone else think that Mass Effect 2's main plot was lacking a bit? I mean most of the game was based off of the side characters and their stories/problems.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 298
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Angelus the Wraith wrote:
TRF wrote:
I drool at the thought of a Halo game being written by Hideo Kojima. Whoever writes the Halo stories now needs to be fired. Yes, HellJumper, I know that Halo is an entire universe, full of books and comics and anime and blah, blah, blah, but the stories in the game, in my opinion, are presented poorly.

If Hideo Kojima wrote the stories, each halo game would be 6 dics long and would consist of 17 movie-long cutscenes.

This. Also, I don't get why people think MGS4 have good writing. I loved MGS1 and MGS2 was fine, but that series it getting worse by each sequel.

The intro sequence in MGS3 makes me cringe.


Skip to 6 min 18 s.

He freezes in that position for 14 seconds (I counted). It looks so fucking dumb, and I'm assuming Kojima thinks it looks totally awesome.
MGS4 is filled with those dumb cutscenes that only 14 year old Michael Bay fans can appreciate.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Stoney is gonna hate you fang
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 298
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Stoney is gonna hate you fang
haha, I don't care and I respect his opinion, even though I don't share it.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 29
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 pm

I don't take people who like anime or manga seriously Helljumper. Razz

God, I love the MGS 3 intro.Thanks for posting Night Fang! Also love the story-telling and cut-scenes in MGS 4.

Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 298
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:29 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
I don't take people who like anime or manga seriously Helljumper. Razz

God, I love the MGS 3 intro.Thanks for posting Night Fang! Also love the story-telling and cut-scenes in MGS 4.

But I'm being serious cat
And you're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Halo>MGS

There was only one cutscene in Halo so far that had super cliche dialogue.Which was when the soldier asked for a destination to send troops and she said "To War"

Uggh that made me cringe.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 29
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:33 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
I don't take people who like anime or manga seriously Helljumper. Razz

God, I love the MGS 3 intro.Thanks for posting Night Fang! Also love the story-telling and cut-scenes in MGS 4.

But I'm being serious cat
And you're welcome.

I'm serious too. Opinions, opinions, opinions. You think "dumb 14 year old kids" are the only ones that can appreciate MGS4. Pure ignorance.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Halo>MGS

There was only one cutscene in Halo so far that had super cliche dialogue.Which was when the soldier asked for a destination to send troops and she said "To War"

Uggh that made me cringe.
I wholeheartedly disagree. I can't really compare their universes since I'm not all that familiar with either of them, but I've found myself engrossed in Metal Gear Solid games. Halo games are really fun, but I can't say I've ever cared about the story. The Halo story is presented horribly in the games.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 29
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:36 pm

TRF wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Halo>MGS

There was only one cutscene in Halo so far that had super cliche dialogue.Which was when the soldier asked for a destination to send troops and she said "To War"

Uggh that made me cringe.
I wholeheartedly disagree. I can't really compare their universes since I'm not all that familiar with either of them, but I've found myself engrossed in Metal Gear Solid games. Halo games are really fun, but I can't say I've ever cared about the story. The Halo story is presented horribly in the games.

There is no way you will make HJ think other wise. Its like debating with a broken record. Laughing "HALO PWNS! EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS!!!!"
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 298
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:39 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

I'm serious too. Opinions, opinions, opinions. You think "dumb 14 year old kids" are the only ones that can appreciate MGS4. Pure ignorance.
Okay, I admit I exaggerated. Sorry.

But I still think they're dumb.

To each his own.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
avatar

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 29
Location : In the gutter

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:44 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

I'm serious too. Opinions, opinions, opinions. You think "dumb 14 year old kids" are the only ones that can appreciate MGS4. Pure ignorance.
Okay, I admit I exaggerated. Sorry.

But I still think they're dumb.

To each his own.

So fans of MGS 4 are dumb? How can you generalize that?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:44 pm

TRF wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Halo>MGS

There was only one cutscene in Halo so far that had super cliche dialogue.Which was when the soldier asked for a destination to send troops and she said "To War"

Uggh that made me cringe.
I wholeheartedly disagree. I can't really compare their universes since I'm not all that familiar with either of them, but I've found myself engrossed in Metal Gear Solid games. Halo games are really fun, but I can't say I've ever cared about the story. The Halo story is presented horribly in the games.

They werent represented horribly at all.

If they were,they wouldnt have gotten "great story" on the Halo games.See,Halo 3 story was good but didnt hold much surprises.Halo Ce and Halo 2 had great stories.Showing the Covenant side of view in Halo 2 was a wonderful story telling tool.actions of both heroes affected eachother

MasterChief's success at Installation 4 got Supreme Commander Thel Vadam(arbiter) de premoted and charged of heresy.During the intro of Halo 2,you see chief being awarded for his success and at the same time seeing Thel Vadam being tortured in public for his failure.Great storytelling tool.

The Halo Games generally cover the last year of the War.You cant expect to fit Halo's story into the games.Its liek trying to fit all of star war's stories in all 6 movies.Or trying to fit all 3 LoTR books into one movie.Wont work.Halo's story is very engrossing and deep,but the thing is you have to know it to see that

MGS story is for noobs lol Razz

Seriosuly dude,Halo's story wasnt represented horribly.



Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:47 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Seriosuly dude,Halo's story wasnt represented horribly.
I just found it to be boring. In theory, I think the story is good, but I found the cutscenes, dialog, etc. to be boring, so I didn't really pay attention to the story. A good plot means nothing if you can't get people to pay attention to it. Gears of War drew me in with its dialog and whatnot, which is why I paid attention to the plot. That's what I consider good presentation.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 pm

TRF wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Seriosuly dude,Halo's story wasnt represented horribly.
I just found it to be boring. In theory, I think the story is good, but I found the cutscenes, dialog, etc. to be boring, so I didn't really pay attention to the story. A good plot means nothing if you can't get people to pay attention to it. Gears of War drew me in with its dialog and whatnot, which is why I paid attention to the plot. That's what I consider good presentation.

Weird,I always have paid attention to its dialogue and cutscene.Same with gears though(no dialogue in gaming history beats cole trains speech at the locust palace)

Each to their own I guess
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 298
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:54 pm

I never paid attention to the Halo story because I never played CE or Halo 2, which means I missed a big part of the story.

All MGS plots can be described with one word:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:57 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Seriosuly dude,Halo's story wasnt represented horribly.
I just found it to be boring. In theory, I think the story is good, but I found the cutscenes, dialog, etc. to be boring, so I didn't really pay attention to the story. A good plot means nothing if you can't get people to pay attention to it. Gears of War drew me in with its dialog and whatnot, which is why I paid attention to the plot. That's what I consider good presentation.

Weird,I always have paid attention to its dialogue and cutscene.Same with gears though(no dialogue in gaming history beats cole trains speech at the locust palace)

Each to their own I guess
Yup, to each his own. If I'm not interested in the cutscenes, then I'm not interested in the story. Halo's cutscenes always bored me.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 992
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 32
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
I never paid attention to the Halo story because I never played CE or Halo 2, which means I missed a big part of the story.

All MGS plots can be described with one word:
Spoiler:
 

So nanomachines are the main theme for the NES Metal Gear games and the PSP games too?
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 298
Join date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:59 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
I never paid attention to the Halo story because I never played CE or Halo 2, which means I missed a big part of the story.

All MGS plots can be described with one word:
Spoiler:
 

So nanomachines are the main theme for the NES Metal Gear games and the PSP games too?
Yes, but it's only implied.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Nanomachines? Damn you, NightFang, you spoiled the game(s) for me! Razz

Everything about the Halo game stories screams "generic". Hell, their main character is one of the most generic characters in gaming.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:27 pm

TRF wrote:
Nanomachines? Damn you, NightFang, you spoiled the game(s) for me! Razz

Everything about the Halo game stories screams "generic". Hell, their main character is one of the most generic characters in gaming.

You're right, all FPS games have the same gameplay as Halo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   

Back to top Go down
 
Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Halo toys - at the right bloody scale?!
» Halo reach fanart for startrek
» Halo vs Call of Duty!
» lol, best Halo screenshot ever!
» halo meets FORZA4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: