This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:07 pm

The quality of sound that comes through Xbox 360 headsets will be significantly improved when Microsoft updates the Xbox 360 this Fall.

The refresh, designed to coincide with the launch of Kinect, will upgrade the codec and audio infrastructure that underpins the quality of voice communication from Xbox 360 to Xbox 360, and should make for clear chat between gamers when they play online, Xbox Live Studios boss Jerry Johnson said at the Edinburgh Interactive Festival this afternoon.

"The codec we used when we first launched was a low bit rate codec and we stuck with that," Johnson explained.

"We launched and we said we required broadband. We required a 64k connection, which not many people think of as broadband any longer. But that was the minimum requirement to run the service at the time.

"It's time for us to move on. Especially if we want to think about broadening - a crackly headset on the top of your head – not what people think of when they talk about popular entertainment."

Microsoft introduced voice communication to the original Xbox with the November 2002 launch of Xbox Live.

The quality of sound has long been the focus of complaints from gamers, particularly those who favour team based multiplayer titles.

Some even prefer to use voice over internet protocol Skype to ensure every word is heard.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-26-xbox-headset-sound-quality-to-improve
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:09 pm

This is great news. There have been so many times where the sound quality is too muffled, so I don't even bother listening to the person (BlackStigma).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Yeah, sometimes it can be pretty bad. Awesome they are updating it.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:27 pm

arnold soundboards need to be used

13 year old brat "hey you suck"

soundboard "stop whining"
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:04 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Yeah, sometimes it can be pretty bad. Awesome they are updating it.

I agree, sometimes you cant even hear what they are saying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:07 pm

TRF wrote:
This is great news. There have been so many times where the sound quality is too muffled, so I don't even bother listening to the person (BlackStigma).

You know you love my voice. Ever notice you're the one who always sends the party invite?
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:11 pm

CAN YOU ALL SPEAK UP, I CANT HEAR YOU!!!! HELLO.....HELLLLOOOOO.....
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:59 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

You know you love my voice. Ever notice you're the one who always sends the party invite?
I do love your voice. Soooo much. I just don't know what you're saying half the time. Also, two days ago, I only invited you because I thought you had Bad Company 2, but clearly you can't appreciate a good multiplayer shooter.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:16 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

I do love your voice. Soooo much. I just don't know what you're saying half the time. Also, two days ago, I only invited you because I thought you had Bad Company 2, but clearly you can't appreciate a good multiplayer shooter.

1. Bad Company 2 is terrible

2. You sent me an invite just last night. But I didn't accept it because I was getting off. I suppose that time you also thought I had Bad Company 2?
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:11 am

That's nice to hear.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:43 am

BlackStigma wrote:
2. You sent me an invite just last night. But I didn't accept it because I was getting off. I suppose that time you also thought I had Bad Company 2?
I don't even remember why I did that. What, a brutha can't talk to anutha brutha?
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Excellent. Its always a lot of trouble trying to hear through the headset. Hopefully this fixes it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:58 pm

standard headset sucks. buy a Turtle Beach or Tritton. etc....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved   

Back to top Go down

Sound quality of Xbox voice chat to be improved
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1