This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:24 am

http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:08 am

Was there any question as to which had the better overall hardware? Obviously the PS3 does.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:24 am

What are GFlops?

When the 360 brings out a game that looks as good as Uncharted 2, Killzone 2-3 and my personal favourite GoW 3, then I will agree with the statement, "The PS3 is only slightly more powerful than the 360" or "They are exactly the same when it comes to graphics"

Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:25 am

the ps3 is the more powerful system but i think people make out the xbox is not capable of producing great graphics and time and time again it is.

heres a couple of questions for people, if people went soley for the most powerful hardware why wasnt the original xbox selling more than the ps2? and why wasnt the original xbox your focus point for gaming last generation?
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:23 am

optimusprime wrote:
the ps3 is the more powerful system but i think people make out the xbox is not capable of producing great graphics and time and time again it is.

heres a couple of questions for people, if people went soley for the most powerful hardware why wasnt the original xbox selling more than the ps2? and why wasnt the original xbox your focus point for gaming last generation?

No point of reference I think is the best answear. If you owned and enjoyed a PS1 and then the PS2 the following generation you were probably less likely to buy a console from a company that wasn't even established in the console market.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:41 am

optimusprime wrote:

People don't go solely for the most powerful hardware, but that doesn't change the fact that the PS3 has the most powerful hardware.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:42 am

TRF wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

People don't go solely for the most powerful hardware, but that doesn't change the fact that the PS3 has the most powerful hardware.

I think he is reffering to ps3 fanboys and sony.Sony have bragged for awhile that "There console is the most powerful"
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:47 am

HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

I think he is reffering to ps3 fanboys and sony.Sony have bragged for awhile that "There console is the most powerful"
Yeah, and they have every right to, just like Microsoft can brag about having the best online service. Whether or not those things are valued depends on the customer, not the corporation. Why wouldn't a corporation want to brag about everything their product does the best?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:05 am

TRF wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

Yeah, and they have every right to, just like Microsoft can brag about having the best online service. Whether or not those things are valued depends on the customer, not the corporation. Why wouldn't a corporation want to brag about everything their product does the best?

Hey look,im just saying what I think optimus is saying

Thoguh the difference between 360 Hardware and ps3 hardware isnt big enoguh to brag about.But when it comes to online,XBL is much better than PSN.Just saying
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:26 am

HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

Thoguh the difference between 360 Hardware and ps3 hardware isnt big enoguh to brag about.But when it comes to online,XBL is much better than PSN.Just saying
Like Stoney said, the minute a game graphically comes close to Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, and God of War III, then you can say that the difference isn't big enough to brag about.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:32 am

TRF wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

Like Stoney said, the minute a game graphically comes close to Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, and God of War III, then you can say that the difference isn't big enough to brag about.

Hardware isnt all about graphics dude.......

"Its all about teh graphics!!!!Buy our console!!We have bettar graphic games!!!!!"

Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:21 pm

The only verdict to me is that a shitload of multiplaform games are technically proven superior on the Xbox 360.

Why i ask? If PS3 has all those goodies and is such a powerhouse? I mean just look at this:

How can people still lick that consoles balls saying is just the best?
Cuz "some" of they're exclusives and nothing else...
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:30 pm

simple truth: 360s best looking games dont look as good compared to ps3s best looking games.......but the gap isnt that big.

any exageration beyond a minor graphics gap is propaganda, nothing more.

besides......multiplats, the bread and butter of a consoles library, is where 360 really smacks PS3 around Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
Crystie Cao
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Location : And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, Britain.

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Strange, funding limits I suppose... But I always did expect the developers of these multiplat games to be able to actually DO something with all that spare power the PS3 has got tucked away...
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Alan1994 is gonna rage :/
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:32 pm

TRF wrote:
Was there any question as to which had the better overall hardware? Obviously the PS3 does.

Um, no it's not it.

The PS3 has a better CPU but that article is kinda dead wrong about somethings there...Like the Cell having "7 cores" when it's not cores its SPUs. 7 hardware threads for the Cell vs 6 hardware threads of the Xenon. The GPU on the X360 howver has a way better fillrate and shader architecture than the PS3's GPU yet they failed to mention that.

Oh and they mention stupid stuff like connectivity and video support. They gave PS3 the win for both those catergories even though the X360 has more USB 2.0 ports and less Sub-HD games than the PS3.

The article reaks of bias.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Teckno wrote:

Yea, that article is full of BS. And FFS! They compare Backward compatibility which is a software thing not a hardware thing!
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:35 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Yea, that article is full of BS. And FFS! They compare Backward compatibility which is a software thing not a hardware thing!
lol, but backwards compatibility requires hardware arrangements. Let you're inner rage out! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:51 pm

TRF wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

All of those games use a bunch of smoke and mirrors to look that good. And they are all very linear in nature. Games don't prove that one system is better hardware wise than the other. It's as stupid as saying the Xbox 360 was the best hardware because Gears 1 was graphics king for a while before those games for PS3 came out. You gotta look at the specs.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Teckno wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

lol, but backwards compatibility requires hardware arrangements. Let you're inner rage out! Twisted Evil

No, the only console I know that does BC through hardware is the 60 GB PS3 with it's emulation engine. But the X360's BC has always been harddrive/software related.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:41 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
All of those games use a bunch of smoke and mirrors to look that good. And they are all very linear in nature. Games don't prove that one system is better hardware wise than the other. It's as stupid as saying the Xbox 360 was the best hardware because Gears 1 was graphics king for a while before those games for PS3 came out. You gotta look at the specs.
Smoke and mirrors? How so? "Oh, they don't really look good, they just pretend to look good." If the 360 had superior hardware, then developers would be able to pump out better-looking games, especially since the 360 has been out for almost five years. It's been out longer, and has a easier-to-learn architecture, yet the PS3, which is a younger and more complicated console, has been able to push out better graphics. I'd say overall it has superior hardware. That's not to say the 360 has bad graphics. I'm not saying that at all. Hell, my jaw dropped when I saw Alan Wake. The 360 has a lot of potential, but the PS3 has more.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:45 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Smoke and mirrors? How so? "Oh, they don't really look good, they just pretend to look good." If the 360 had superior hardware, then developers would be able to pump out better-looking games, especially since the 360 has been out for almost five years. It's been out longer, and has a easier-to-learn architecture, yet the PS3, which is a younger and more complicated console, has been able to push out better graphics. I'd say overall it has superior hardware. That's not to say the 360 has bad graphics. I'm not saying that at all. Hell, my jaw dropped when I saw Alan Wake. The 360 has a lot of potential, but the PS3 has more.

"But teh PS3 has potentialz!!!!!!"

Sorry,couldnt help but say that Razz
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:46 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

"But teh PS3 has potentialz!!!!!!"

Sorry,couldnt help but say that Razz
it duz haz teh potentialz b/c of teh cellz and teh blurayz

Don't you know that? Razz
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:03 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
simple truth: 360s best looking games dont look as good compared to ps3s best looking games.......but the gap isnt that big.

besides......multiplats, the bread and butter of a consoles library, is where 360 really smacks PS3 around Smile

MLD no offence but I always don't agree with you but this is something I can agree with 100%
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:07 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
How can people still lick that consoles balls saying is just the best?
Cuz "some" of they're exclusives and nothing else...
It's not a "shitload", it's a few. Multiplats are generally the same on each console, with a few exceptions.

GeneralMLD wrote:

The gap between the 360's best-looking game (Alan Wake) and the PS3's best-looking game isn't THAT huge, but Alan Wake is way above most of the 360's exclusives. So while the PS3 has a plethora of amazing looking games, the 360 has one or two amazing looking games, neither of which match the PS3's exclusives.

As for multiplats, they're pretty much the same. There are a few exceptions, like Bayonetta, Red Dead Redemption, and Mafia II, but for the most part, the games are the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware    

Back to top Go down

IGN: PS3 vs 360 hardware
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: