This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Let's Do An Exercise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Andrei Rianofski wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:

I did write 3 things about the PS3 and the 360 on the first page.Im not intrested and informed enough about the Wii and PC to write about them.I didnt randomly invade the thread i was just responding to TRF after he responded to me
You still didn't answer my question: How does the fact that something sell well make it better?

Quote me where i said sales equals better

I said if you want to prove something numbers work the best

I agree.

Number of great games. Number of online features. Number of pros. Number of cons. .... NOT number of units sold.

I just don't see how the quality of a console is impacted by it's sales...Sorry.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Andrei Rianofski wrote:
TRF wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:
TRF wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:

3. Console war winner
I don't mean to criticize your opinion, but you honestly like that the 360 is winning? That's something that really matters to you?

Your posting in a section called "The Console War"
Get with the picture dude
I know, but half the stuff in this section has nothing to do with sales. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but I just find it a little odd that you like the 360 because it sells well.

If you want to prove something numbers work the best.Opinions are subjective everybody has one
Numbers are proof
Numbers>Opinion
360>PS3 in games ratings , sales
360>PS3 in console war
I dont hate the PS3.I bought one and im getting games for it cause it has some cool games i want to play but im not delusional.Theres no excuse for Sony to be in third place
Game ratings are opinion. Sales are how many people bought the console, i.e. their OPINION. It's all opinion. Numbers don't mean anything in terms of quality. I'm ending the discussion there because there's nothing you can say to counter that, but if you would like to, you can private message me. I'd rather keep this thread happy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:01 pm

PS3:
Good variety of game genres
Movies. Both Blu ray and downloads from the PSN
Controller (I much prefer the D-pad being above the left analog stick)

360:
Very quick updates/installs
Lots of good cheap XBL games
Netflix on the dashboard

Wii:
Amazing first party games. Especially Mario and Zelda.
All the best games I grew up with are available in the Wii shop channel.
Takes up practically no space.

I don't really have anything positive to say about PC.

Last edited by Invincible on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:43 am

Ps3
1) Blu Ray
2) Multimedia playing
3) Uncharted

XBOX 360
1) Halo series
2) XBOX Live
3) Controller
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Ps3
1) Blu Ray
2) Warhawk
3) Uncharted

XBOX 360
1) Mass Effect Trilogy
2) XBOX Live
3) Designed to be a games console first then a media device not the other way around

Wii

1)Best looking console
2)Virtua Console feature is great
3)Classic controller is a joy to use

PC

1)Best graphic capabilities on the market
2)Mods
3) Some great exclusives like Old Republic
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:10 pm

PS3
1 - Free online
2 - Broader variety of exclusives
3 - Internet Browser

1 - Better multiplats (if not technically then feature wise via party chat)
2 - More competitive online community
3 - Better controller

Wii
1 - Atlus supports it
2 - Takes motion gaming as a priority, not after thought
3 - Persona 5 will probably be exclusive to it

PC
1 - Mods
2 - Cheaper games at release
3 - Flash games and roms

Since everyone has included the PC even though it's not a console I will go 2 steps further

PSP
1 - Nice multimedia features
2 - Can hook up with PS3
3 - Gets spinoffs of bigger console franchises which they don't

DS
1 - Atlus supports it
2 - Fantastic RPG and Strategy games
3 - Gets SMT spinoffs
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:13 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Wii
1 - Atlus supports it
How do you know that Persona 5 will be exclusive to it? A majority of the Persona games have been on Sony platforms, and don't forget that Atlus has published a PS3 exclusive this year (3D Dot Game Heroes) and an exclusive last year (Demon's Souls). My bet is that it's either going to be a PS3 exclusive or a PS3/360 multiplat.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:34 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Wii
1 - Atlus supports it
How do you know that Persona 5 will be exclusive to it? A majority of the Persona games have been on Sony platforms, and don't forget that Atlus has published a PS3 exclusive this year (3D Dot Game Heroes) and an exclusive last year (Demon's Souls). My bet is that it's either going to be a PS3 exclusive or a PS3/360 multiplat.

Because all SMT/Persona games have sold like total and utter shit on Playstation platforms. And Atlus didn't develop them on the Playstation because they liked Sony or anything. They develop on the highest selling platform(s). Atlus has also published 5 360 exclusive games vs. PS3's 3. However they have not developed a single game on either the PS3 or 360. They've made 2 for the PSP which were just ports of Persona 1 and 3. However they have developed 3 for the Wii, and about 4 or 5 for the DS. If you count publish then it's about 45 for Wii and DS put together.

A PS3 exclusive would contradict their entire business stance, and although a 360/PS3 game would be nice, it is unlikely.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:23 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Wii
1 - Atlus supports it

Because all SMT/Persona games have sold like total and utter shit on Playstation platforms. And Atlus didn't develop them on the Playstation because they liked Sony or anything. They develop on the highest selling platform(s). Atlus has also published 5 360 exclusive games vs. PS3's 3. However they have not developed a single game on either the PS3 or 360. They've made 2 for the PSP which were just ports of Persona 1 and 3. However they have developed 3 for the Wii, and about 4 or 5 for the DS. If you count publish then it's about 45 for Wii and DS put together.

A PS3 exclusive would contradict their entire business stance, and although a 360/PS3 game would be nice, it is unlikely.
So why did they not develop Persona 4 on the Wii when it was clearly available for them to use?
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:37 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Wii
1 - Atlus supports it

So why did they not develop Persona 4 on the Wii when it was clearly available for them to use?

This is based off of VGchartz numbers (although I kinda wished I hadn't cause I just read an article on there and apparently Atlus is being absorbed today...).
Anyways Wii sales as of Persona 4 release date - 29,124,495
PS2 sales - 126,148,083
Does that answer your question?
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Uhhhhhh...me dont like excersises...fine

PS3
Free Online
All games are region-free
Internet

Xbox 360
Awesome games
Awesome online
Kinect

Wii
Innovative controls
Casual but fun
Mario, Zelda, DK, Metroid, Kirby, SSB, and a bunch more.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:38 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Wii
1 - Atlus supports it

This is based off of VGchartz numbers (although I kinda wished I hadn't cause I just read an article on there and apparently Atlus is being absorbed today...).
PS2 sales - 126,148,083
True, but the PS2 had more time. Was the PS2 consistently outselling the Wii on a monthly basis? I think that's more important, because a lot of the people who bought PS2s got rid of them (including myself).
Back to top Go down
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Just because half of America still has PS2s laying around doesn't mean they still buy games for it. Persona 5 will most likely be multiplat or a PS3 exclusive.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:19 pm

Invincible wrote:
Just because half of America still has PS2s laying around doesn't mean they still buy games for it. Persona 5 will most likely be multiplat or a PS3 exclusive.
Exactly. That's my whole point. Monthly sales > Lifetime sales
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:08 pm

Ps3

No Games

RROD

Wii

Casual

PC

Dead

But srsly, I don't know that much about the other platforms to write those list-thingys.

I think you'd be able to at least have fun if you only have one of them.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:04 am

TRF wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Exactly. That's my whole point. Monthly sales > Lifetime sales

The PS2 sold 8,337,036 million units in 2008. Hell, the PS2 still gets some exclusive games, it got some this year. And another thing. Atlus is a Japanese company, they do better there than the rest of the world put together.

And if people don't buy games for the PS2, then why do companies like Activision still put multiplats for it? I bought Persona 3 FES a little over 2 weeks ago for it.

But hey, Persona 3 came out in 2007, P3F and P4 in 2008. According to your logic they should have been released on the PS3 and maybe the 360.

Yeah I guess you're right. What was I thinking, the Wii outselling the PS3 on a monthly basis? Having non bundled games selling over 10 million copies?

Yeah the Wii was outselling the PS2 monthly, but it's install base was still very low compared to it, and there's also development time to consider. And again, Atlus has published some games on the PS3 and 360, but have developed nothing for them. They have developed on the Wii and DS so far, and have put P1 and P3 on the PSP. There's no way Persona 5 will be exclusive to the PS3, a PS3/360 might happen, but it's more likely to be a Wii exclusive.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:48 am

Andrei Rianofski wrote:
Your from that dustbowl Playstation University forum TRF
Tell the Dean how does it feel that this forum is more active than his
Looks like the University is now only a...

*Takes off sunglasses*

school

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

well done if you get the reference
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 am

lightlamp2 wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:

*Takes off sunglasses*

school

Back to top Go down
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:52 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:

*Takes off sunglasses*

school

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:24 pm

Teh Righteous HandJob wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Wii
1 - Atlus supports it

PS2 sales - 126,148,083
True, but the PS2 had more time. Was the PS2 consistently outselling the Wii on a monthly basis? I think that's more important, because a lot of the people who bought PS2s got rid of them (including myself).

I still have my PS2, but don't use it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:51 pm

Pickles wrote:
Ps3

No Games

RROD

Wii

Casual

PC

Dead

But srsly, I don't know that much about the other platforms to write those list-thingys.

I think you'd be able to at least have fun if you only have one of them.

LOL that made me laugh a lot Razz

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do An Exercise   

Back to top Go down

Let's Do An Exercise
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: