This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:35 pm

Why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:37 pm

Be more specific? like the games? Because it depends on the game.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:15 pm

What? Some games have it?

I'm just wondering because supposedly the ps3 has dedicated servers and so the does the pc.

So why not the eckbawks?

It's not that I think the regular servers for 360 are bad. The only game I have that lags is MW2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:17 pm

Pickles wrote:
What? Some games have it?

I'm just wondering because supposedly the ps3 has dedicated servers and so the does the pc.

So why not the eckbawks?

It's not that I think the regular servers for 360 are bad. The only game I have that lags is MW2.

For games, it depends on the devs or publishers. L4D has dedicated servers. MW2, well Activision wouldnt waste money on that, thats less money for good ole Bobby. For things hosted on XBL like 1 vs 100 they had dedicated servers
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Xbox Live has lots of dedicated servers. Valve and EA games for example. It's up to the publisher to decide if a game will get dedicated servers. If a multiplat on the PS3 has dedicated servers, so will the 360 version. It's just that Sony uses dedicated servers for all of their published multiplayer games. With MS it's only a couple, like Forza and PC games. There are rumors that Gears 3 will get dedicated servers, I hope that's true, because it needs it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:07 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Xbox Live has lots of dedicated servers. Valve and EA games for example. It's up to the publisher to decide if a game will get dedicated servers. If a multiplat on the PS3 has dedicated servers, so will the 360 version. It's just that Sony uses dedicated servers for all of their published multiplayer games. With MS it's only a couple, like Forza and PC games. There are rumors that Gears 3 will get dedicated servers, I hope that's true, because it needs it.

the problems with gears 2s servers are overexaggerated. I had more issues on mw2 and red dead than gears.

And tbh even the games without dedicated servers (not multiplats) seem to be much more stable and reliable on the ecksbawx.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:11 am

PSPVampire wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

the problems with gears 2s servers are overexaggerated. I had more issues on mw2 and red dead than gears.

And tbh even the games without dedicated servers (not multiplats) seem to be much more stable and reliable on the ecksbawx.

It's not the lag but the host advantage that bothers me.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:15 am

BlackStigma wrote:
PSPVampire wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Or maybe you just need to get better at the game and stop making excuses. Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:01 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
PSPVampire wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

It's not a server problem, that's a netcode problem that Epic Games is reluctant to fix. Wait till Gears 3 I guess and hope.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:23 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
PSPVampire wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I have a 1.7 K/D ratio in Gears 2, I bet that's better than whatever you have.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:23 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
PSPVampire wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I have a 1.7 K/D ratio in Gears 2, I bet that's better than whatever you have.

LOL I haven't seen my KDR yet but I've played quite a few Gears 2 matches and I've only got ONE single kill overall XD

Soooo, I'm guessing I'm f*****d
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GAYLanced Jack
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:28 pm

"We don't need dedicated servers, you just suck"
Typical baka response. What could be expected from such a high ranking member of the cult of the foreign devil.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:41 pm

Lanced Jack <3 You wrote:
Typical baka response. What could be expected from such a high ranking member of the cult of the foreign devil.
It was a joke. Are you even from Japan?
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:30 am

GAYLanced Jack wrote:

cults tend to be a minority radical group.........360 is at a 40+ million userbase.

foreign devil...............your a white kid from NA. Your not japanese, your not anime.........your just sad.

on topic there are pros and cons to not having servers......without them, basically the game will stay online so long as there are players in them.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.top-forum.net
ghana6
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:48 am

the cult of foreign devil? lol he is beginning to sound like one of those jehova's witness people lol
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:29 pm

TRF wrote:
i doubt he is from japan..he is just a anime nerd
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:56 pm

and this topic had no point whatsover
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:06 pm

NobleSix wrote:
TRF wrote:
I'm just offended by the fact that he thinks I'm a high-ranking guy here when I'm probably the least 360-fanboyish guy here.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Pein wrote:
TRF wrote:

Nah, /v/ hates everything from Japan.

If you go to EncyclopediaDramatica and search up /v/, there's a section on how to troll that board.

It involves using an anime character for your avatar.

LOLSRSLY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:40 pm

TRF wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
TRF wrote:
I'm just offended by the fact that he thinks I'm a high-ranking guy here when I'm probably the least 360-fanboyish guy here.

Well all know your a true 360 fanboy at heart. Cool
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:14 am

XBL's servers are made up of 360's first party games. 3rd party games have nothing to do with XBL's servers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers   

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't Xbox Live have Dedicated Servers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1