This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:45 pm

GGM wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Dude, aside from a number of exceptions (Broken Sword, Mariokart, Warioware, Nightfire) every gameboy advanced game is the same thing with a slightly different theme or colour scheme. Honestly.

Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hands
GBA Castlevania trilogy
Drill Dozer
Gunstar Super Heroes
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Metroid Fusion
Metroid: Zero Mission
WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgame$
Various Kirby games
Mega Man Zero series
Sonic Advance series
Lots of Mario remakes
Wario Land 4
Kuru Kuru Kururin
F-Zero series
Demikids
Various Final Fantasy ports
Golden Sun 1 & 2
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mega Man Battle Network series
Mother 3 (one of the best JRPGs of all time)
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald
Pokemon Fire Red & Leaf Green
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series (Pokemon rougelikes)
Sigma Star Saga
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Advance Wars 1 & 2 (Brilliant strategy games)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem

There are a lot of good games for the GBA.

Did I say no good games? Nope. I said almost all of them are the same, which you proved even more by showing multiple pokemon games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Invincible wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
. Can you really say that 2d gameplay is superior to 3d gameplay?

Sure you can. Limbo and Shank are better games then Lair and Haze.

I'm talking about A,AA,AAA games on both sides. lol

Not 9/10 2D games vs 5/10 3D games Wink
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Wii fanboys: We have the most 3rd party support.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
Wii fanboys: We have the most 3rd party support.

LMAO!!
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:31 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
GGM wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Dude, aside from a number of exceptions (Broken Sword, Mariokart, Warioware, Nightfire) every gameboy advanced game is the same thing with a slightly different theme or colour scheme. Honestly.

Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hands
GBA Castlevania trilogy
Drill Dozer
Gunstar Super Heroes
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Metroid Fusion
Metroid: Zero Mission
WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgame$
Various Kirby games
Mega Man Zero series
Sonic Advance series
Lots of Mario remakes
Wario Land 4
Kuru Kuru Kururin
F-Zero series
Demikids
Various Final Fantasy ports
Golden Sun 1 & 2
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mega Man Battle Network series
Mother 3 (one of the best JRPGs of all time)
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald
Pokemon Fire Red & Leaf Green
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series (Pokemon rougelikes)
Sigma Star Saga
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Advance Wars 1 & 2 (Brilliant strategy games)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem

There are a lot of good games for the GBA.

Did I say no good games? Nope. I said almost all of them are the same, which you proved even more by showing multiple pokemon games.

There are two separate Pokemon series' on the GBA. One is barley a Pokemon game. All the games on the list are pretty varied, I'm guessing you haven't played them all.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:37 pm

TRF wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Teckno wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Teckno wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
when was the disc swapping a problem?
i mean the ps3 fanboys make me laugh,they make stupid arguments like saying "OMG!! FF13 HAS 3 DISCS!!!! HAHA YOU GUYS ARE GETTING THE SHITTY VERSION LOLOLOLOL"
i respond "how is that a bad thing? and how is the 360 version the shitty version of ff13?"
the ps3 fanboys are pathetic and they make the most retarded arguments like the disc swapping thing,i would rather disc swap than wait 30 minutes just for the game to install on my hardrive..
in the end ps3 fanboys make up the most retarded arguments ever..
All fanboys do that.
May I refer to the "OMGZOR 2D GRAZZ HAHAH TEH GAME IZ UNPLAYABLE!"

actually noone said it like that,the people only said that the ps3 version doesnt have 3d grass which is a bit inferior to the 360 version,noone really said that..
And no one really said "OMG!! FF13 HAS 3 DISCS!!!! HAHA YOU GUYS ARE GETTING THE SHITTY VERSION LOLOLOLOL" like that.

only the ps3 fanboys said that..and plus somehow the 3 discs thing for the ps3 fanboys is more serious than the 2d grass thing
Everyone over-exaggerates things. 360 fanboys did, in fact, brag relentlessly over the PS3 version not having grass, and PS3 fanboys bragged relentlessly about the one disc on the PS3, better graphics, 1080p cutscenes, and uncompressed audio. The 360 didn't have a shitty version of the game, but the difference between versions of FFXIII is bigger than the difference between versions of Mafia II.

But like I said, other than graphical presentation (and sound, now that I think about it), the games are the same.

Except that FFXIII is really the only title where the PS3 outshines the X360 in multiplats. Don't dodge the fact that most games look better on the X360, alot of which are more than just "minor differences". Hell, I think most multiplats have anti-aliasing on the X360 version and then none/crappy AA on the PS3 version. And anti-aliasing is very important even if it's the only difference. I hate jaggies personally.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:16 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Invincible wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

I liked New Mario Bros Wii better then Fable II. Opinions will differ from gamer to gamer. Im more excited for Kirby then GT5 or Medal of Honor. It just looks more fun to me.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Except that FFXIII is really the only title where the PS3 outshines the X360 in multiplats. Don't dodge the fact that most games look better on the X360, alot of which are more than just "minor differences". Hell, I think most multiplats have anti-aliasing on the X360 version and then none/crappy AA on the PS3 version. And anti-aliasing is very important even if it's the only difference. I hate jaggies personally.
They usually are minor differences. There are some exceptions like Devil May Cry 4, MX vs. ATV Reflex, Bayonetta, Red Dead Redemption, and Mafia II, but for the most part, the games run the same on both platforms. And like I said, it's only in the visuals that the game is slightly different. They usually run the same, except for Bayonetta, which is considered to be the worst port this gen.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:32 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
They usually are minor differences. There are some exceptions like Devil May Cry 4, MX vs. ATV Reflex, Bayonetta, Red Dead Redemption, and Mafia II, but for the most part, the games run the same on both platforms. And like I said, it's only in the visuals that the game is slightly different. They usually run the same, except for Bayonetta, which is considered to be the worst port this gen.

Well yea, if I was a one console owner I wouldn't mind it. But I'd almost always go for the X360 version. Anti-aliasing is a must on HDTV screens, like I said jaggies can really distract one from enjoying the game's art style.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:37 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Well yea, if I was a one console owner I wouldn't mind it. But I'd almost always go for the X360 version. Anti-aliasing is a must on HDTV screens, like I said jaggies can really distract one from enjoying the game's art style.
At this point, I just go for whichever one has more of my friends playing it. If I have more 360 friends playing it, I buy it on the 360. More PS3 friends, I buy it on the PS3. That is, unless the differences are monumental.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:04 am

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I don't get distracted.

._.

Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:09 am

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I dont know why people rag on and on about bad ports. Bad ports happen on EVERY platform. Xbox360, PS3, Wii, and PC. In addition to that, there have ALWAYS BEEN bad ports, ever since the days of the ATARI. And besides, the PS3 isnt even the console that has the worse ports this generation.
Back to top Go down
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Dead Rising on the Wii = 100x worst than any PS3 port lol
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:23 pm

Shoke wrote:
Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 and Q*Bert on the Atari 5200 = 100x worse than Dead Rising on the Wii
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:46 pm

Shoke wrote:

lol
It can't be any worse than Vampire Rain though could it? An Xbox 360 game Neutral
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:14 pm

PSPVampire wrote:
Invincible wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

AAA - Call of Duty 4
AAA - Advance Wars: Dual Strike

One is 2D, it also happens to be the one I prefer.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:25 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

At this point, I just go for whichever one has more of my friends playing it. If I have more 360 friends playing it, I buy it on the 360. More PS3 friends, I buy it on the PS3. That is, unless the differences are monumental.

Well ofcourse, if it's multiplayer games like Call of Duty I couldnt give a rat's ass about it's graphics if I'm going to buy it it's usually to play it with my friends (besides, COD graphics sucked balls ever since WaW).

It's just that I find it kind of ironic that Sony hyped up the PS3 so much in terms of graphics and yet on most multiplats it kinda gets the shorter end of the stick. Not saying the PS3 isn't a capable console, but Sony should have provided more support to 3rd party/multiplatform developers so that way it could be easier for them to run game engines without any compromises in graphics. The hardware is only as good as the game engines running off the software.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   

Back to top Go down

The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2