This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:49 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
DemonWolf and JubJub off topic. Oh..how surprising. Totally not a trend on the XBR.

Nah dude. Happens like once ever new blue moon.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:13 pm

My spelling is decent.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:16 pm

lol

Back on topic....

Dragon Age's crap. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:20 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
lol

Back on topic....

Dragon Age's crap. Razz

oblivion sucks even more!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:24 pm

NobleSix wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
lol

Back on topic....

Dragon Age's crap. Razz

oblivion sucks even more!!!!!!!!

This.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Opinions are opinions, but I prefer Oblivion over Dragon Age. Dragon Age is good though, I am starting to like it now.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:43 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Opinions are opinions, but I prefer Oblivion over Dragon Age. Dragon Age is good though, I am starting to like it now.

Same here.

I really do like Dragon Age now. It's very cooool.
The Fade was a bitch though! Damn it took me ages before I realised what I had to do.

Alistair is awesome though. Very Happy

But obviously Oblivion's better. lol
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:00 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Same here.

The Fade was a bitch though! Damn it took me ages before I realised what I had to do.

No, you're just delusional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:41 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Same here.

I think maybe you are delusional Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:38 am

BlackStigma wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Same here.

No I was kidding, dragon age is much better.
I like the way you wave your sword and a creature 10metres away still gets hit!
I like the way you can't freely explore a massive world, how every small section of area greets you with a load screen and that you must go from destination to destination through using a map.
I like the way you can't interact with anything in the game!
I like the way you have just one camera view!!
I also like the inferior soundtrack.
I also like the way people in your party will turn away from you because of just one decision!
I loove it when in combat if you don't have certain features assigned you have to press L and go to a screen, search throughout the labyrinth of options to find a healthpack or combat move or whatever, then you release L only to find your character stunned.
I like the way you can't walk on puddles.

Hehe Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:59 pm

.... I just completed the game. It took 40 hours. That's over 20 hours less than it took me to complete Oblivion. But still a good game length but WHAT?!?!?! You can't explore the world afterwards? Only DLC locations?! WHY?!?

I feel cheated! They give you this sort of story thing at the end, telling you what happened since, but that's because they couldn't be bothered to change the world to suit what the ending says, and they want you to download dlc and buy the next game.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:01 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
.... I just completed the game. It took 40 hours. That's over 20 hours less than it took me to complete Oblivion. But still a good game length but WHAT?!?!?! You can't explore the world afterwards? Only DLC locations?! WHY?!?

I feel cheated! They give you this sort of story thing at the end, telling you what happened since, but that's because they couldn't be bothered to change the world to suit what the ending says, and they want you to download dlc and buy the next game.

Other people have said that it has over 100 hours worth of content. You must have missed a lot of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:28 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

You're supposed to play through it multiple times, did you bother to figure out the "Origins" part? Why you can play through as a Human, an Elf, a Dwarf, and as a Warrior, Rouge, or Mage?

Quote :
I like the way you can't freely explore a massive world, how every small section of area greets you with a load screen and that you must go from destination to destination through using a map.
I also like the way people in your party will turn away from you because of just one decision!
I loove it when in combat if you don't have certain features assigned you have to press L and go to a screen, search throughout the labyrinth of options to find a healthpack or combat move or whatever, then you release L only to find your character stunned.

1. Oblivion has even longer loading screens. I'm sorry that in DAO you can't wonder through miles of forest that contain absolutely nothing of value and only serve as filler to make the world seem larger. Everyone just fast travels anyways, it's kind of a pain in the ass to go through forests or whatever just to get to a new area just so you can fast travel to it later.
2. Don't know what you're talking about.
3. Third Person? What? You can move the camera yourself...
4. If you go to the inventory menu, you can click RB or LB to look at a different character. Underneath there is this bar that tells you how much a person likes or dislikes. Use it. There are a lot of recruit-able characters. If you know you're going to do bad things take bad characters, if you're going to do good things take good characters with you. Garm (name of my Dog) also likes you whatever you do. Keep them happy.
5. LOLWUT? Labyrinth of options? If not on the secondary menu, then click LT, aim the LS at the option you want (activate spells or skills, activate/deactive sustained spells or skills, etc.) click A, then select the one you need. Takes a max of 5 seconds lol.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:49 am

DemonWolf wrote:

It took you that long to finish Oblivion?

I completed Oblivion with a fair amount of side-quests done in about 30 hours.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:31 am

ghost23 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Other people have said that it has over 100 hours worth of content. You must have missed a lot of stuff.

lol yeah tbh I missed out about 30 side quests Razz

BlackStigma wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

You're supposed to play through it multiple times, did you bother to figure out the "Origins" part? Why you can play through as a Human, an Elf, a Dwarf, and as a Warrior, Rouge, or Mage?

Quote :

1. Oblivion has even longer loading screens. I'm sorry that in DAO you can't wonder through miles of forest that contain absolutely nothing of value and only serve as filler to make the world seem larger. Everyone just fast travels anyways, it's kind of a pain in the ass to go through forests or whatever just to get to a new area just so you can fast travel to it later.
2. Don't know what you're talking about.
3. Third Person? What? You can move the camera yourself...
4. If you go to the inventory menu, you can click RB or LB to look at a different character. Underneath there is this bar that tells you how much a person likes or dislikes. Use it. There are a lot of recruit-able characters. If you know you're going to do bad things take bad characters, if you're going to do good things take good characters with you. Garm (name of my Dog) also likes you whatever you do. Keep them happy.
5. LOLWUT? Labyrinth of options? If not on the secondary menu, then click LT, aim the LS at the option you want (activate spells or skills, activate/deactive sustained spells or skills, etc.) click A, then select the one you need. Takes a max of 5 seconds lol.

Razz lololol yeah I will start the game over with a different character and choose different stuff on the next playthrough. But still... it just ends and that's it!!!

1. lol it's more interesting in Oblivion, you feel like you're in a real world and areas don't just disappear like in Dragon Age, you can't not go to a city just because it's been destroyed...
I can go back to Kvatch whenever I want but not the destroyed places in Dragon Age...

2.In Oblivion you can pick up anything, you can select individual things rather than make them automatically go into your backpack. It's way more fun.

3.You only have third person view in DAO, in Oblivion you also get 1st person. Razz Way more fun.

4.Yeah and you need to go round for ages finding objects to give to characters for them to like you but eventually you'll run out of gifts in the world so you can't make the characters like you enough and therefore it sucks...

5.I see... I kind of overexaggerated that one. But you know what's annoying? You have certain skills that another person in your team activates and then you have some stupid glowing aura and you can't get rid of it!

▲ wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

It took you that long to finish Oblivion?

I completed Oblivion with a fair amount of side-quests done in about 30 hours.

lol yeah I did all of the guild quests. Razz
But I didn't do all of the side quests, same goes with Dragon Age.
Plus, Oblivion has free roam. It gives you much more to do. Oh and when you complete Oblivion, you are not required to buy dlc just to play your own game!!
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:41 am

i cant wait for dragon age 2..while there is still isnt TES5 LMAO
you TES fans make me laugh,i still havent beaten oblivion and im close to the end for the main story but i dont plan to finish it.i rather play dragon age over oblivion anyday and i cant wait for dragon age 2
Back to top Go down
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:32 am

There were only 2 areas that disappeared in Dragon Age for me, and that was Lothering and Osthagar, both of which were destroyed and probably occupied by Darkspawn. You can go back to Osthagar by getting the return to Osthagar DLC. Really, what's the point in going back to a destroyed place anyways? There is nothing to do other than in Ostagar because that adds actual game content.

Oh right because picking up items like Silverware is soooo useful in the game right? lol

Oblivion IS first person, the third person view is just some extra shoddy feature that no one really cares for. It was only useful once in some quest where you could have gone through using stealth.

You do know that specific gifts go to certain characters right? And certain gifts will benefit some members more than others. Like giving Oghren wine or ale or stuff like that will benefit him more than say giving it to Alistair. And infact, I don't see what your bitching about because the possibility of people leaving your party is an awesome feature because if you piss someone off it makes sense that they leave. I've never had anyone leave my party either.

They are called "tactics", you can go to the menu and set them the way you want. You can also switch to that character and deactivate them. Also, what are you bitching about? lol, those "auras" BENEFIT you.

Besides, starting a new game with a new character will change the game a bit and change how others react to you.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:00 pm

NobleSix wrote:
i cant wait for dragon age 2..while there is still isnt TES5 LMAO
you TES fans make me laugh,i still havent beaten oblivion and im close to the end for the main story but i dont plan to finish it.i rather play dragon age over oblivion anyday and i cant wait for dragon age 2

I guess my tastes are more refined than yours. Razz
Actually, same goes with pretty much every critic because TES4 got higher ratings than Dragon Age. And we don't need TES5 for a while, TES4 can last us a lifetime, while dragon age just ends right there and then when you've finished the main storyline so Bioware NEED to release another Dragon Age game to keep you going while us Elder Scrolls Oblivion fans are still having the time of our lives. Smile

BlackStigma wrote:
There were only 2 areas that disappeared in Dragon Age for me, and that was Lothering and Osthagar, both of which were destroyed and probably occupied by Darkspawn. You can go back to Osthagar by getting the return to Osthagar DLC. Really, what's the point in going back to a destroyed place anyways? There is nothing to do other than in Ostagar because that adds actual game content.

Oh right because picking up items like Silverware is soooo useful in the game right? lol

Oblivion IS first person, the third person view is just some extra shoddy feature that no one really cares for. It was only useful once in some quest where you could have gone through using stealth.

You do know that specific gifts go to certain characters right? And certain gifts will benefit some members more than others. Like giving Oghren wine or ale or stuff like that will benefit him more than say giving it to Alistair. And infact, I don't see what your bitching about because the possibility of people leaving your party is an awesome feature because if you piss someone off it makes sense that they leave. I've never had anyone leave my party either.

They are called "tactics", you can go to the menu and set them the way you want. You can also switch to that character and deactivate them. Also, what are you bitching about? lol, those "auras" BENEFIT you.

Besides, starting a new game with a new character will change the game a bit and change how others react to you.

lol those are two big cities and also, unlike Dragon Age, there are reasons in Oblivion for you to return to places. Perhaps to kill someone and to take their home, to see what the people have to say, to clear out any dungeons nearby for levelling up, to admire the scenery or buy equipment.
Also Oblivion doesn't require you to pay for anything to return to locations... Once you complete the game you can carry on playing to get the most out of it. You can't on Dragon Age without paying for more, and even then it's only one or two locations.

Of course picking up silverware is important Razz You can like rearrange the stuff and customise your home. lol I mean, which strong fighter doesn't rearrange things in his house? XD

Yes...that gift feature took me through hell. There are hardly anything of the things you collect. I never managed to get Alistairs liking for me very high because some decisions I made pissed him of and there were only enough gifts for him left to make him just about like me, and by his liking for me not increasing, he never really said anything new ...

No you can't deactivate all of them. One of my characters had rally activated when he didn't even have that skill!!
So I had this stupid yellow glow over him constantly!!

Btw you do realise I actually really like Dragon Age Razz After completing I was thinking "wow...I want dragon age 2"
And yeah I do, I just know for sure that it can't touch Oblivion XD maybe story-wise it does though.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Oblivion has Patrick Stewart and Sean Behan, nuff' said. XD

I've never played DA:O but I'm sure its just as good. : )
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Stoney wrote:

Sean Bean? Omg which character did he voice?! Sean's awesome!!

And nah.. Dragon Age is more cinematic/ linear. But yeah it's good. I think Dragon Age is like killzone, Oblivion is like Halo. (I mean lik the equivalent. Both good games for their own reasons)
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:10 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Stoney wrote:

And nah.. Dragon Age is more cinematic/ linear. But yeah it's good. I think Dragon Age is like killzone, Oblivion is like Halo. (I mean lik the equivalent. Both good games for their own reasons)

King Martin!! How did you not know??
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:19 pm

Stoney wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Stoney wrote:

King Martin!! How did you not know??

Holy crap, I had no idea XD

THat's awesome. Razz

Martin Uriel Septim Bean Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?   

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age... WTF IS THIS CRAP!?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2