This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:15 am

TRF wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:
you think that youre tearing me apart lmfao
1- im not a fanboy i have owned countless consoles
2- im not slaging off gt as a whole i have owned 2 3 and 4
3- i was going to buy a ps3 just for gt5
4- im not ignorant you are ignorant of the facts, which are:-
5- 6 years in development
6- cancelled release dates again and again
7- demo after demo (which is not good when you want the full game)
8- 800 upscalled ps2 cars
9- poor scenery with flat trees and spectartors
10- poor graphics for car damage
11- from videos ive seen long loading times
12- forums i have been on with countless fans saying they have given up on this game
13- i have the balls to see these problems and suck in my pride and say no thanks to gt5, if you are happy to except all of this then be my guest and get it, i really hope you enjoy it Smile
. This game WILL be the definitive sim racer of this generation.

That's just, like, your opinion man.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:56 am

Pickles wrote:
Love that movie. Anyways, of course it's my opinion. Why should I have to put "IMO" at the end of every opinionated sentence? If someone can't tell the difference between fact and opinion, that's their problem.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:15 am

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Love that movie. Anyways, of course it's my opinion. Why should I have to put "IMO" at the end of every opinionated sentence? If someone can't tell the difference between fact and opinion, that's their problem.

That was from a movie?!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:43 am

Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

That was from a movie?!
Yeah. It's from The Big Lebowski, my favorite movie of all time.

Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:11 am

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

It just sounds like you're trying to pass it off as fact.

Maybe I've spent too much time on /v/.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:14 am

Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Maybe you did.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:15 am

MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Maybe you did.

Maybe you should shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:15 am

Pickles wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Maybe you did.

I'd like that.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 am

MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Maybe you did.

I'd like that.

Maybe I'd like that too.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:39 am

Pickles wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Maybe you did.

I'd like that.

Maybe I'd like that too.

I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:46 am

MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Maybe you did.

I'd like that.

Maybe I'd like that too.

I hope so.

ah...the internets
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:50 am

Pickles wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Maybe you did.

I'd like that.

Maybe I'd like that too.

I hope so.

ah...the internets

You just won one.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:47 am

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

Alan the trees are flat.
They're two 2D things stuck together.
That's it.

Maybe in the Prologue. But did you actually watch a gameplay video of GT5 where the car was going very slow the camera was trying to focused on the scenary?

The trees are the stupidest things on earth to complain about. Every game has some graphical uglies. Even the best looking games like UC2, Alan Wake, GOW3, Gears...whatever have some flat low quality textures...It's just EXPECTED from this generation of consoles to have SOME blemishes in the graphics. Still though, Polyphony makes the the other developers look like they weren't even trying.
Exactly. Of course they're going to spend less time on the environments than they are on the car models. If you honestly are able to perfectly see the scenery, then you suck ass at racing games, period. The only thing you can really see well is your car and other cars, and they look one grade short of real.

Well as a noob of racing games, I spend a lot of time crashing into walls and slowly having to reverse.
So I expect to see the environment looking nice when I do so Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:18 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

Alan the trees are flat.
That's it.

Maybe in the Prologue. But did you actually watch a gameplay video of GT5 where the car was going very slow the camera was trying to focused on the scenary?

The trees are the stupidest things on earth to complain about. Every game has some graphical uglies. Even the best looking games like UC2, Alan Wake, GOW3, Gears...whatever have some flat low quality textures...It's just EXPECTED from this generation of consoles to have SOME blemishes in the graphics. Still though, Polyphony makes the the other developers look like they weren't even trying.
Exactly. Of course they're going to spend less time on the environments than they are on the car models. If you honestly are able to perfectly see the scenery, then you suck ass at racing games, period. The only thing you can really see well is your car and other cars, and they look one grade short of real.

Well as a noob of racing games, I spend a lot of time crashing into walls and slowly having to reverse.

Lolz, email Polyphony with your concern.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

Alan the trees are flat.
That's it.

Deer Polyfony! I am rlly displeeased with the fact that yo didnt incllude teh shiney grafix in teh raice traks. Try agen plessse. it lks like ps2 shitty graficks. It not faier! mek it beter or i wil post neked picturs of men to u!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:15 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

Alan the trees are flat.
That's it.

Deer Polyfony! I am rlly displeeased with the fact that yo didnt incllude teh shiney grafix in teh raice traks. Try agen plessse. it lks like ps2 shitty graficks. It not faier! mek it beter or i wil post neked picturs of men to u!!!!!!!

Evidence, Bitch Razz
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:59 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

Alan the trees are flat.
That's it.

Dear demonwolf
We have noted your concern. But after 6 years of working on this fucking game, we just don't give a shit anymore.
The graphics are the best we can do on this shitty console so deal with it. If your after a nice looking driving sim then I recomend forza 3.

Yours sincerly polyfony
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:36 am

Teckno wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

Alan the trees are flat.
That's it.

Evidence, Bitch Razz

!!!!!!!!!

Oh come on Razz

lmao

raspymanic1 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

Alan the trees are flat.
That's it.

Dear demonwolf
We have noted your concern. But after 6 years of working on this fucking game, we just don't give a shit anymore.
The graphics are the best we can do on this shitty console so deal with it. If your after a nice looking driving sim then I recomend forza 3.

Yours sincerly polyfony

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:08 pm

raspymanic1 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

Alan the trees are flat.
That's it.

Dear demonwolf

Yours sincerly polyfony

Wow you would think they know how to spell... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Each premium car has 500k polygons. There can be 16 cars on a track. 16X500k= 8 million polygons drawn not counting the track detail. The game runs at sub 1080p with 2xMSAA at 60 FPS. It also has 3D-support.

They are literally draining the PS3's resources. If you are bitching about the trees, then you need to get slapped.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Each premium car has 500k polygons. There can be 16 cars on a track. 16X500k= 8 million polygons drawn not counting the track detail. The game runs at sub 1080p with 2xMSAA at 60 FPS. It also has 3D-support.

They are literally draining the PS3's resources. If you are bitching about the trees, then you need to get slapped.
Honestly, if he is complaining about GT5's graphics, then we shouldn't EVER hear him compliment ANY other game's graphics.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:34 pm

Alright Demon Wolf and Raspy had been bashed enough Razz.

I think we should just let this thread diieee.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Alright Demon Wolf and Raspy had been bashed enough Razz.

I think we should just let this thread diieee.
Like my soul? lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

...I shouldn't.... but what the hell...

PREMIUM CARS!!!!!!

Plus, that's just the cars!
The game looks good in the premium cars and the weather effects. I mean, the whole game looks good but the track detail, so far from what I've seen, is no better than Forza 2's! Add to the fact that those are just the premium cars you are talking about, the game, even if it did look a bit better, isn't much better at all.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:19 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

...I shouldn't.... but what the hell...

PREMIUM CARS!!!!!!

Plus, that's just the cars!
The game looks good in the premium cars and the weather effects. I mean, the whole game looks good but the track detail, so far from what I've seen, is no better than Forza 2's! Add to the fact that those are just the premium cars you are talking about, the game, even if it did look a bit better, isn't much better at all.

The standard car's exteriors will use the same texture detail and shaders that the premiums get. The only thing that gets upscaled is the amount of polygons used to render those exteriors. The exteriors themselves will ATLEAST be GT5 prologue quality according to an SRT interview with Polyphony Digital.

Forza 3 has very excellent track detail, I wouldn't mind at all if GT5 had it's track detail on top of everything else they are already doing. I'm just saying that you are nitpicking too much. GT5 looks much better than Forza 3. The polygons, the texture detail, the lighting, and just everything about GT5's car models look drastically better than Forza 3's.

I never considered Forza to be this powerhouse when it came to graphics. Forza 3 was a very impressive game when it came out, but GT5 is at another level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing   

Back to top Go down

GT5 Car Damage Is Disappointing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5