This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:02 pm

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/valve-xbox-live-limitations-a-train-wreck

Last edited by Shin_Akuma on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:
http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/valve-xbox-live-limitations-a-train-wreck
I want the old Gabe back Sad I'm gonna send him an email
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:18 pm

If that's how MS run Xbox Live then he is right.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:07 pm

Quote :
For any update following, they’ll have to start paying.

WHAT?!?

Ugh, Microsoft are utter dicks.

So despite that they get (soon to be) £6 a month from every single online gamer they force companies to pay to provide gamers with updates?!

Hahahhaa! Ridiculous!

Still doesn't explain why Xbox Live seems to be more stable than psn.... but yeah, I hate m$.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:10 pm

First bashing the PS3. Now bashing the 360. If he is bashing Microsoft then why is he releasing Portal 2 on 360? Makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:14 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
First bashing the PS3. Now bashing the 360. If he is bashing Microsoft then why is he releasing Portal 2 on 360? Makes no sense.

To make more money.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Awesome! i got a reply from him. he said "Just let us give free regular updates to Xbox gamers and everything will be OK." ill try and upload a screen if anyone knows how to
Back to top Go down
Diplo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:38 pm

step 1. hit print screen
step 2. open paint
step 3. press ctrl+v
step 4. save
step 5. upload to tinypic or something
step 6. copy the right code (BBCode or HTML i dont know)
step 7. paste it here
step 8. post
?????????
profit
Back to top Go down
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:41 pm

l

Last edited by lightlamp on Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Thank God your using Hotmail. LMAO
Back to top Go down
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:47 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
How?
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:49 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
How?
Because I use it too, so now I know I am not the only one on here who uses it.
Back to top Go down
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
How?
did someones bullshit detector just go off?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Yeah, I read this earlier. This is sure to stoke the Console Wars. Wink
Back to top Go down
arachnidsGrip

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Gabe Newell despises the 360 because he has to make the DLC priced, because microsoft is utter dicks.
Back to top Go down
Diplo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:33 pm

arachnidsGrip wrote:
Gabe Newell despises the 360 because he has to make the DLC priced, because microsoft is utter dicks.

But he disliked PS3 cause shit sucks to code for

PC WINS AGAIN cheers
Back to top Go down
defenestrate_me

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:44 pm

pifarm wrote:
arachnidsGrip wrote:

PC WINS AGAIN cheers

Pretty how Gabe Newell then turned around went PS3 and called it the definitive version to play Portal 2. And with the possibilities of steam cloud you might be able to play you steam games on the PS3. Microsoft being a whore with their DLC rules is basically a trap to get gamers into paying for it. You could name any sort of DLC that would give you achievements whether it be normal or an extra 250. How do they make DLC that won't interfere with Microsoft's rules? The answer? YOU CAN'T. And that's why Gabe is pissed and so are alot of other developers.

But to be honest I have hopes for the cell processor. That thing is fucking amazing! The problem isn't the coding, but the fact that no one wants to program in openCL (not to be confused with openGL) when they could do it in directX. Something they're familiar with and runs on both the PC & 360. I'm willing to bet switching to openCL is why the Wii hasn't gotten much 3rd party development this generation either, especially considering the potential for massive profit of all those consoles. I'll explain multi-core processing another day and why the cell could change computing forever if IBM continues to invest in it like they have.

Back to top Go down
Diplo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Another general problem is that consoles video cards are getting weak.

sorry i cant match your wall of text
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:05 pm

defenestrate_me wrote:
pifarm wrote:
arachnidsGrip wrote:

PC WINS AGAIN cheers

Pretty how Gabe Newell then turned around went PS3 and called it the definitive version to play Portal 2. And with the possibilities of steam cloud you might be able to play you steam games on the PS3. Microsoft being a whore with their DLC rules is basically a trap to get gamers into paying for it. You could name any sort of DLC that would give you achievements whether it be normal or an extra 250. How do they make DLC that won't interfere with Microsoft's rules? The answer? YOU CAN'T. And that's why Gabe is pissed and so are alot of other developers.

But to be honest I have hopes for the cell processor. That thing is fucking amazing! The problem isn't the coding, but the fact that no one wants to program in openCL (not to be confused with openGL) when they could do it in directX. Something they're familiar with and runs on both the PC & 360. I'm willing to bet switching to openCL is why the Wii hasn't gotten much 3rd party development this generation either, especially considering the potential for massive profit of all those consoles. I'll explain multi-core processing another day and why the cell could change computing forever if IBM continues to invest in it like they have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PFUw29U4J8
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:05 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
He's not bashing the 360. He's bashing Xbox LIVE.

FullMetalKendo wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
How?
I use Hotmail too. I have too many emails coming in to switch it.

Why can't Gabe be nice to every console? There's enough of him to go around, and then some.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:39 pm

defenestrate_me wrote:
pifarm wrote:
arachnidsGrip wrote:

PC WINS AGAIN cheers

I still, even to this day, don't understand the hype surrounding the Cell. All the Cell does is offload GPU tasks from the RSX, it doesn't RAISE it's performance but is rather used as a crutch to make up for the RSX's inefficiencies with memory and shader pipelines.

Everyone screams UC2 when the fact is it's a very linear game with uninspired AI. Just some good lighting effects and post-processing on top of average looking textures and polygons.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:43 pm

+ from Sony = this article

Clearly.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:51 pm

I think the article is either falsh or gabe is been a hypocrite. Im guessing its fake cause valve has put way too many on there.

He bashes PS3 now 360. Just stay on Steam.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:40 pm

I can't do anything, but just agree Gabe. He's definitely knows what us gamers want.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:39 am

Buy a gaming PC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.    

Back to top Go down

Gabe Newell says xbox live is a train wreck.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next